Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

PvP'ers get the shaft when it come to money making options!

Malckiah

Once again dalies would take 50+h per weak to grind them most people dont even have enough time to play this game 50+h per weak .It would be same as me saying in pvp you can earn 10mil per weak only thing you need to do is always get arena matches and win them faster then in 2 min youl get 7-10k credits for it. so play pvp for 60h per weak and here you go 10mil in a weak. Its simple just win matches faster then in 2 min in theory its posible but we bot know that not gona happen...

You cant sell ops loot its bop same goes for crap you buy whit coms( yes you can sell it to vendor for around 14k ). To get 3mmg's you have to be luckiest man I ever met... not to mention loot rules in most hm or nim ops is you won 1 you cant roll on others. Only thing you can sell from ops drop is pets but that rare drop...

Now its your time you can play how much you like I dont have any problems whit it.

Stop using logic and reason. The OP has made it clear those things are not welcome here.

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell that to someone on a dedicated PVP server. :eek:

PvP server is just a PvE server where you are always flagged. This class mission is still PvE, the dailies are still PvE, everything else that is PvE still holds a PvE moniker, minus the planets which now have you flagged 99% of the time.

You may think PvP is the rule, but you will be sad to find it is actually the exception to the PvE rule. :rolleyes:

Edited by Superman_AZ

Yeh, right. PvPers with credit cap get those through PvE activities such as crafting... -_-

Crafting is neutral not PvE, as is the GTN. Nice try though.

Now that I think about it, selling stuff on the GTN you are actually in competition against other players for the best price so really making money on the GTN is a PvP activity and not a PvE activity as you are not against the environment in any way shape or form. Since the majority of the money is made from selling stuff on the GTN, it would appear that PvE needs more ways to make money to balance things out :D

Edited by HelinCarnate

Once again dalies would take 50+h per weak to grind them most people dont even have enough time to play this game 50+h per weak .It would be same as me saying in pvp you can earn 10mil per weak only thing you need to do is always get arena matches and win them faster then in 2 min youl get 7-10k credits for it. so play pvp for 60h per weak and here you go 10mil in a weak. Its simple just win matches faster then in 2 min in theory its posible but we both know that not gona happen...

You cant sell ops loot its bop same goes for crap you buy whit coms( yes you can sell it to vendor for around 14k ). To get 3mmg's you have to be luckiest man I ever met... not to mention loot rules in most hm or nim ops is you won 1 you cant roll on others. Only thing you can sell from ops drop is pets but that rare drop...

Now its your time you can play how much you like I dont have any problems whit it.

Ugh... Look I am not saying that everyone should be making millions. So to start and lecture about how many hours it takes to do this or that is irrelevant. I have the time and so to me it is normal to sink all day all week into the game.

ALL I AM ASKING FOR IS THE EQUAL OPPORTUNITY VIA PVP'ING TO MAKE BIG MONEY LIKE I ALREADY DO THROUGH PVE CONTENT!!! IF IT WERE POSSIBLE TO DO IT THROUGH SOLELY PVP I WOULD BE DOING IT!

Edited by Malckiah

As are PvE dailies.

The thing is, I can knock out Oricon and CZ dailies in 20 minutes (these are the only dailies I do) but to make the same amount of gold in PVP... well, lets say it takes A LOT longer than 20 minutes for the same return.

I don't really PVP much anymore, I got my tanking trinket and pretty much meh at the moment, but I can understand where the OP is coming from.

Crafting is neutral not PvE, as is the GTN. Nice try though.

Exactly. Just running crew skills and selling mats is a good money maker, but that's NOT the argument, it's the other 2 options: PVE vs PVP. My level 9-12s all have 40-50 mil credits from simply going to fleet and doing nothing else.

Ugh... Look I am not saying that everyone should be making millions. So to start and lecture about how many hours it takes to do this or that is irrelevant. I have the time and so to me it is normal to sink all day all week into the game.

ALL I AM ASKING FOR IS THE EQUAL OPPORTUNITY VIA PVP'ING TO MAKE BIG MONEY LIKE I ALREADY DO THROUGH PVE CONTENT!!! IF IT WERE POSSIBLE TO DO IT THROUGH SOLELY PVP I WOULD BE DOING IT!

But this is not a PvP game. PvPers already have the ability to make money, gear themselves faster than PvEers, and don't even need to touch a daily. Not entirely sure why you are still complaining. It's like saying, "Hey America, there aren't enough opportunities to make millions of dollars, so, since I am but one single citizen with a dream, give me (insert opinion here) as a means to make my millions." Maybe if you spent less time offering "feedback" and more time in the game, you might find the other options available to you ;)

Ugh another negative non constructive poster.

Yes, you are. You've got a bit of an ego on you there, kid. Every time someone disagrees with you, you say they're "non constructive" and/or "trolling". You can't seem to handle the fact that you might be wrong or that your opinions might not be shared by everybody.

In this thread, your problem is you're expecting all the rewards for only playing half the game. ( Not even half, really. PvP is much less than half of the overall game ) It just doesn't work that way. If you want a pure PvP game, then you need to look elsewhere. Would you be supportive of me saying I want PvP rewards without ever having to PvP?

The thing is, I can knock out Oricon and CZ dailies in 20 minutes (these are the only dailies I do) but to make the same amount of gold in PVP... well, lets say it takes A LOT longer than 20 minutes for the same return.

I don't really PVP much anymore, I got my tanking trinket and pretty much meh at the moment, but I can understand where the OP is coming from.

I can too, but really, in the grand scheme of things it boils down to this:

SWTOR is a PvE game. PvP in SWTOR is an optional path, as are its sources of income. Choosing to only run PvP in a PvE-centric game is a personal choice with consequences attached to it. Not sure why BW needs to revamp the entire cred system, combat system, gear system, and every other system just to appease a vocal minority in a PvE game.

Yeh, right. PvPers with credit cap get those through PvE activities such as crafting... -_-

Crafting is not PvE specific, though it is part of a PvE game that happens to foster a PvP environment. There are plenty of ways to make creds without ever touching actual PvE content. You could make creds at level 7, standing on fleet all day long, doing nothing by brokering in the GTN. That is neither PvE nor PvP, it is simply a kiosk.

I can too, but really, in the grand scheme of things it boils down to this:

SWTOR is a PvE game. PvP in SWTOR is an optional path, as are its sources of income. Choosing to only run PvP in a PvE-centric game is a personal choice with consequences attached to it. Not sure why BW needs to revamp the entire cred system, combat system, gear system, and every other system just to appease a vocal minority in a PvE game.

Right, I understand. BUT, i think they should have some more options to make it a little more even. However, MMOs like this that have PVP as a lesser priority, will try to remove exploitive windows, which tends to lean towards some sort of lesser engagement or integration with other game aspects.

I'm not saying 1 hour of pve dailies = 1 million credits, therefore 1 hour of PVP should = at least 500K credits.... but instead it equals maybe 25K credits, that a massive difference that I'm not a fan of.

Its unfortunate, but true that the majority of people who are on these forums prefer to cut others. I have started countless threads that had logical and kind titles

Really? You think these are "logical and kind" titles? ( Emphasis on problem parts added by me )

"Bioware: Most of your players are pvp'ers.... figure it out!"

"Juggernauts need major nerf....just fyi" ( Whole title, really. "X needs nerf!" is never a constructive thread title )

" PvP'ers get the shaft when it come to money making options!"

Just 3 recent threads by you, all of them confrontational and absolutely not "logical and kind".

Yes, you are. You've got a bit of an ego on you there, kid. Every time someone disagrees with you, you say they're "non constructive" and/or "trolling". You can't seem to handle the fact that you might be wrong or that your opinions might not be shared by everybody.

In this thread, your problem is you're expecting all the rewards for only playing half the game. ( Not even half, really. PvP is much less than half of the overall game ) It just doesn't work that way. If you want a pure PvP game, then you need to look elsewhere. Would you be supportive of me saying I want PvP rewards without ever having to PvP?

uh....can I laugh now. Your statement about expecting all the rewards for playing half the game is classic lame-o! Because if pvp is "half the game" then theoretically that makes pve "the other half" So what your saying is its ok that right now people can make all the rewards from playing 1/2 the game ....so long as its not the pvp half....ROFL LAME!!! And I am not saying I want pve rewards for never pve'ing....I said a million times that I simply want a way through pvp to make equal money to what I can make doing pve. If I pvp and you give me a friggin blue bunny that's worth what isotope 5 is I will pvp and earn what I need to make what I need selling it, but right now there is nothing of the sort!

Really? You think these are "logical and kind" titles? ( Emphasis on problem parts added by me )

"Bioware: Most of your players are pvp'ers.... figure it out!"

"Juggernauts need major nerf....just fyi" ( Whole title, really. "X needs nerf!" is never a constructive thread title )

" PvP'ers get the shaft when it come to money making options!"

Just 3 recent threads by you, all of them confrontational and absolutely not "logical and kind".

You are trying to discredit what I said, when I made it very clear in my statement that I have learned that doing these types of titles at least keeps the thread going. If only you would spend half as much time trying to be productive in this thread. You are wasting your time on this type of post...I never claimed to be a mr perfect. I never claimed to be the only one that's right. I said that I have in the past created threads that used logical and kind titles....that indeed I have. Infact this game has a feature so you can look it up. But of course you will see what you want to see.

Looks like Malckiah is in 'the wrong state of mind' again. You never learn, do you? Still aggressive, condescencing and provokative. And still confused why people don't react well to you.

Looks like Malckiah is in 'the wrong state of mind' again. You never learn, do you? Still aggressive, condescencing and provokative. And still confused why people don't react well to you.

Its nice how I get attacked and when I lash back I am the only one that gets called out for it. I have grown tired of defending a very simple concept. equality. But apparently that only exists for the pve'er.

However, MMOs like this that have PVP as a lesser priority, will try to remove exploitive windows, which tends to lean towards some sort of lesser engagement or integration with other game aspects.

Thus limiting the profit potential from PvP allows the player to enjoy the PvE-centric MMO. I know we are speaking the same idea here, I think the disconnect is the level of caring. I am more interested in seeing the game retain its primary focus while fostering a PvP foothold. Encouraging PvP as a chosen method for advancing while simultaneously avoiding PvE content is likely the last priority on a to do list in a PvE MMO.

Its nice how I get attacked and when I lash back I am the only one that gets called out for it. I have grown tired of defending a very simple concept. equality. But apparently that only exists for the pve'er.

The game is a PvE game mate. Not sure why that is such a hard concept to grasp. If it were a PvP game, and a PvEer stepped in here demanding changes, I would imagine the down right beating and abuse I would get from those players even thinking I had any say so whatsoever. I would probably be called a plethora of names and told to uninstall and kill myself. So, I am pleased to come in calmly and offer you the option of just enjoying what is available and experiencing each aspect of the game.

I agree with the op here. I am a pvp player at heart and that is what I do on swtor. I play the subscriber cost and have done so since pre launch. Yet I am always broke and can never afford a lot of the bigger items that come out. Why should I have to go grind out pve content to make enough to get a Bantha mount?

That's interesting... in the sense that I can afford dozens or more Bantha mounts but I do not "grind" any PvE content. It's almost as if there are multiple avenues to acquire credits in this game, many of which do not involve "grinding" dailies.

Equality exists, just with a different definition than you seem to want. Your definition seems to be, "I want as much credits as that other guy without having to figure out how he did it." Sorry, that's not how it works in the game or in life. The equality is opportunity and as I mentioned above, the opportunity is not to grind dailies.

Edited by DarthTHC

uh....can I laugh now. Your statement about expecting all the rewards for playing half the game is classic lame-o! Because if pvp is "half the game" then theoretically that makes pve "the other half"

Exactly. Where's the problem? ( Well, again, I'm saying PvP is less than half in reality )

So what your saying is its ok that right now people can make all the rewards from playing 1/2 the game ....so long as its not the pvp half....ROFL LAME!!!

Umm, no I'm not. Because that's not the case. There are things you can only get via PvP.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.