Legacy bound moddable gear from Legacy vendor is more restrictive than plain Bound

LeJarC

I don't know if this was brought up before. The legacy vendors on Dromund Kaas/Coruscant sell these moddable BindToLegacy sets (about a million in credits each, but hey, most complete sets on GTN go for the same if not higher amounts)

In all honesty, I've never had any advantage from it being legacy bound because I have not been able to send it to any other legacy character unless it is the exact same advanced class because of armor type differences between the advanced classes. Somehow this feels as if this completely negates the whole idea behind Bind To Legacy. As long as the advanced classes of a base class use the same gear type you can at least maybe use it on one other toon. However, I was planning on rolling a second Warrior, but found out that the gear I bought way back on my first Warrior can't be used by my new one...coz he can't wear heavy armor...

So not only is it class restricted, it is also advanced class restricted. which is even more restrictive then simply Bound gear. At least bound gear I can also use on a companion if it uses the same armor type... so if not making it useable by all classes then at least make it the adaptive type so it can at least be worn by both advanced classes of the same base class.

Edited by LeJarC

This is why the idea of the Legacy vendors failed in my opinion. Why buy a set of gear usable litterally only if you the same exact class again... when I can just get a set of legacy social gear that I can transfer to any character I want that can wear that type (heavy/mid/light..... and evven then there are some that doesnt matter)

You're using it improperly. You don't send gear bought from legacy vendor over to another toon to actually wear. You put in the armorings/mods you want to send, mail the legacy vendor armor (with its loaded armorings/mods) to different toon, rip mods out, reinsert into whatever your alt is wearing. Viola, class restrictions on use circumvented. There was a time when this was how legacy gear simply worked.

The Legacy vendor is obsolete simply because the sets it sells are something like 10 times as expensive as comparable sets that can be purchased from reputation vendors that were introduced later (and the reputation sets don't have the limitations described in the OP).

You're using it improperly. You don't send gear bought from legacy vendor over to another toon to actually wear. You put in the armorings/mods you want to send, mail the legacy vendor armor (with its loaded armorings/mods) to different toon, rip mods out, reinsert into whatever your alt is wearing. Viola, class restrictions on use circumvented. There was a time when this was how legacy gear simply worked.

The Legacy vendor is obsolete simply because the sets it sells are something like 10 times as expensive as comparable sets that can be purchased from reputation vendors that were introduced later (and the reputation sets don't have the limitations described in the OP).

Using it improperly? So on top of it being more restrictive for some classes than bound, where other classes can just send it over and re-use it without problems (same armor type on advanced class), I also should find it normal to have to pay 300-400K for the extraction? u nuts? :p uhuh :)

Besides that, you're overshooting the target. If you haven't bought any of that gear yet, you'd be totally correct and I could not agree more with you. However, this is about those of us who did buy that gear before the CM arrived, and to make that legacy gear we bought back then, less restrictive so we (with different armor types for the advanced class) can actually benefit from it in legacy style, just like those classes where advanced class has same armor type.

Edited by LeJarC

That gear was an early attempt at Legacy gear and was, IMHO, largely a failure (note that they didn't add any more gear like that). That's not to say that it isn't nice looking gear, but the fact that it is class restricted makes it only marginally more useful than the majority of ye olde crafted, class restricted oranges. And at a far higher price! Not to mention that you can get adaptive Legacy bound gear for a lot cheaper if you just want to transfer mods.

I do like the idea of having access to special gear styles designed for each class that you gain access to by gaining Legacy levels though. My suggestions for improvement:

1. Keep the Legacy level requirements.

2. Remove class restrictions.

3. Make it adaptive (not a must, but it would be nice).

4. Add additional sets for Legacy levels 30, 40, and 50.

This is one of those ideas that was really neat, but kind of fell flat in the implementation. The restrictions were kind of annoying but not too terrible back when the sets were released (OMG orange belt and bracers! :p), but with all the new orange gear and Legacy gear, it has become rather obsolete. It is little more than pricey cosmetic gear for a single class/AC, and I think that's a shame because the Legacy gear vendors had a lot of potential.

Edited by Gwena

Using it improperly? So on top of it being more restrictive for some classes than bound, where other classes can just send it over and re-use it without problems (same armor type on advanced class), I also should find it normal to have to pay 300-400K for the extraction? u nuts? :p uhuh :)

Besides that, you're overshooting the target. If you haven't bought any of that gear yet, you'd be totally correct and I could not agree more with you. However, this is about those of us who did buy that gear before the CM arrived, and to make that legacy gear we bought back then, less restrictive so we (with different armor types for the advanced class) can actually benefit from it in legacy style, just like those classes where advanced class has same armor type.

Eh, the OP kinda implied (but I admit that it did not state outright) that you mailed the class legacy gear, loaded up with armorings and such, to an alt not of that class, and then wondered why it wasn't usable. (Even though the armorings can be mailed to any alt via such gear and modripped by the recipient regardless of class, which I have done many times before.) I apologize for the confusion

I see your point, and this could certainly be a less confusing topic if Bioware would relax some of the restrictions on its first attempt at legacy gear to match more recent standards. :p

The way i see it, the legacy gear should not be moddable, but just level up with the player, always being blue quality and the class requirements are removed.

Thats is when it becomes worth getting.

OP specified moddable Legacy gear. You refer to the legacy gear you get from the token drops, which is far more useless and ought to simply be stricken from the game.

@OP - the legacy gear from the legacy vendors is class bound and was used before to ferry mods over.

If you want universal gear, you have plenty of options and one is just at reach, with ongoing Bounty Event - get tokens and buy the legacy gear from that vendor - that is universal gear. Also, ALL the new Legacy gear is universal these days, so I really fail to see what your problem is.

Edited by Styxx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.