Bioware: Most of your players are pvp'ers.... figure it out!

Malckiah

More major flaw with your argument: those players that simply can't play don't represent the competitive community nor are they a part of it.

That's hilarious, coming from a page 5 PvPer. Sorry, but you can't use "look at how many posts on the PvP forum compared to xxxx" and then say those very people don't count. Oh, and just so you know, you won't find me anywhere on these leaderboards, 1 2 3 go isn't the kind of PvP I like. When I want PvP, I go play my Asmodian on my Elyos Dominated server, never a shortage of PvP to be found, and I get rewarded for success, and risk AP loss if I lose, so I'm not afraid of negative consequences in my PvP.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because I was answering the question you posted? As far as catering to the "competitive" community, I have seen that be the downfall of more than one MMO. No matter what, we're going to have "this needs nerfed" or "this needs buffed" threads due to people that simply can't play. The problem is, the majority of the "this needs nerfed" threads are going to be from where? The "competitive" community, whether all the members of that community agree or not, or would claim them if they could avoid it, that's where they come from because, as I said, the mobs in PvE aren't filling out exit surveys/writing petitions about how class x is OP and needs to be nerfed. Any nerf to PvE to cater to PvP is bad. My jugg, who has never set foot in a WZ, but has used ED to successfully kill an end boss in a HM FP when it managed to wipe my party shouldn't have to be nerfed because PvPers can't figure out how to beat 'em. Especially in Solo Ranked, you know, the people that are supposed to be the best of the best?

1) LOL, group ranked is where the best of the best play, not yolo ranked. 2) ED has only been in its current state for 1-2 months. If it had been like that from the beginning, and was now getting nerfed, then you might have a point. But the fact is that dps jugs have been bad for a long time in ranked, because their defensive CDs were insufficient: so they buffed ED. Except that they buffed the **** out of it and made it a little OP. Reducing its duration from 30 to 10 seconds is the right decision. Also, if it weren't for PvP, ED would never have gotten buffed in the first place! You should be grateful that the nerfed version will still be much better than the version you had before its initial buff :)

Careful, this statement applies to you too.

No, it doesn't. That player is an outlier or an edge case. He was only here for a short time and was only interested in a very small part of the game. He isn't the type of player BW should be making decisions around.

No, it doesn't. That player is an outlier or an edge case. He was only here for a short time and was only interested in a very small part of the game. He isn't the type of player BW should be making decisions around.

Point proven... please continue.

Yes it does, it applies to everyone. What we say is irrelevant.

Funny because don't you remember all of the complaints when customers wanted EAware to open up more servers? Or that time when after each death in PvP your CC breaker's CD would reset? Or when the PvP guild Seal Team Sith was falsely sanctioned in-game for WPvP? Oh yeah, what customers say is irrelevant.

:rolleyes:

It is irrelevant. You are speaking from a time that is no longer relevant to the game. Maybe it's time you got out of the past, since you like to bring it up in every thread instead of moving on.

Also when the story nerds disliked those cubes being added to the CM. Mmhmm. :rolleyes:

story nerds? really?

if you want people to respect pvp for what it is then stop treating everything else like its not worth anything, I love pvp but I do not trash story for it.

Funny because don't you remember all of the complaints when customers wanted EAware to open up more servers? Or that time when after each death in PvP your CC breaker's CD would reset? Or when the PvP guild Seal Team Sith was falsely sanctioned in-game for WPvP? Oh yeah, what customers say is irrelevant.

:rolleyes:

Now I know you are a troll because you bring up a very old issue and good luck parading that sig as it will get you banned eventually.

Nope it isn't irrelevant. You're saying NOW that what anyone says on the forum is irrelevant when I provided 4 MAJOR examples to the contrary. Maybe when you quit with the evasive responses then we'll be able to have a healthy debate, but thanks for conceding my rebuttals.

It's irrelevant because it's in the past with a seperate team at a seperate time. It's time for you to move onto the present, we all have.

PvP takes much more skill, and it's dynamic, and it's extremely complex. I view most other playstyles inferior. You may not like it, but aren't opinions grand?

Nope. Nothing in this game requires skill at all.

Not falling for the bait.

What bait?

Clearly you missed the thread which MANY story players voiced their opposition. Shall I link that thread for you? Probably not since it'll make you look more foolish.

I have been constructive. I'm only treating users the way they are treating me. :)

As for your last point. I've seen that thread but it doesn't speak for me. You would do well to understand that no one but myself speaks for me. And no you haven't been constructive all you've done is attack people for liking and defending the game. It's pretty sad really.

PvP takes much more skill, and it's dynamic, and it's extremely complex. I view most other playstyles inferior. You may not like it, but aren't opinions grand?

Story is not really a playstyle its just a part of this mmo, and a part that in my opinion this mmo does very well. My point is that story, pvp, pve, rp, and others are all parts of this mmo, if you want one part to be respected, you got to respect the other parts, for example, my best friends favorite icecream is vanilla, mine is chocolate, but I do not go around telling him "VANILLA SUCKS FU!" for it, on the contrary I still appreciate vanilla I just like chocolate more.

Yes it does, it applies to everyone. What we say is irrelevant.

Reno nailed it... this is correct.

It should be noted that I'm including myself as well. Just in case there is any doubt.

Edited by mokkh