Companion Expansion

Malckiah

One of the things that sets this game apart is the companions. Unfortunately at lvl 55 you start to lose sight of an all to awesome feature. Where is the interaction? Why is it so limited? It is sad to see such a great thing wasted. I personally think that Bioware would do well to spend some time enhancing what is already there as opposed to trying to add new stuff like slot machines and whatever.

I am always seeing posts on the forums of people wanting more from the companions....does Bioware not listen? Heck some companions have absolutely NO customizations available. I am married to a few of them, but speak not a word to them. Some of my favorite companions I never use because they are dps and I need a healer or a tank and I need a dps.

It is just sad to see such a waste of so much potential.

If they add more companions I'd want the feature added to throw some existing ones out of the airlock.

Very few likeable companions to go around, at best it tends to be a few tolerable ones and some I like. But most you dont even want to join you, but they do.. and at any logical point later on that you should be able to abandon/kill them, you cant.

If they add more companions I'd want the feature added to throw some existing ones out of the airlock.

Very few likeable companions to go around, at best it tends to be a few tolerable ones and some I like. But most you dont even want to join you, but they do.. and at any logical point later on that you should be able to abandon/kill them, you cant.

Agreed....Before launch they were going to Implement it so that any companion could fill any role (healer, tank, dps etc) if they did this it would not only solve a big problem, but if we could ever kill a few it wouldn't matter since you would be able to use the ones u like how u like.

Companions aren't being updated for the same reason we don't se more class stories, it's just not efficient to create content for one of 8 classes only...

Maybe a better approach to creating new companion interactions would be to give us a new versatile and highly customizble companion per faction and tie them to the next expansion's story ?...

As long as this companion is customizable down to whatever species you want him to be, and has an adventure-quest-romance (like Numen), I am in :) But I would love to see expansions for the current companions. To be honest, 5 is quite a bit already, and it is one huge part of the 'it's different!' on the play with the class.

Seeing that class story+cast is what makes it unique, I would rather they picked one companion per class and invested something into him/her. It's the same amount of material or less than a completely custom companion (2 factions * 2(boy/girl) *2 (light/dark) =8)

I would love for Bio to develop the companion quests that were previously wrapped into awkward cutscenes - those they are most interested in.

It would be great to see customized overlays that allow species changes for human/near human companions (particularly males)

I would like them to put back the option to kill a companion, or carbonate freeze them (with thawing at a cost).

Of course I have my favorite companions, and I would pay to have more for them!!!

Consular: Romance with Zenith + expanded interactions for him after Chapter 3; re-voice Iresso's soundset (it's really horrid compared to his dialogue line delivery) and an extra afro custom overlay for him

Smuggler: Don't kill me, but I would love to see Guss customized into a Nautolan + have expanded interactions with him after that. If we can actually make him into a pawdawan and switch his healing to Jedi based, and make his LS less useless, I'd go sweeeet!

IA: Bi-sexual romance with Kaliyo + expanded interactions for her after Chapter 3

Knight: Bi-sexual romance with either Scourage or Rusk + expanded interactions for him after Chapter 3

Warrior: Full romance for Pierce, bi-sexualize Malavai (or simply go honest about it, and flip the switch for a plain vanilla gay option) + expanded interactions for either after Chapter 3

Trooper: Anything to help Aric. Soundset lines with too high voice (gift giving); some sort of interactions in the beginning of the game + earlier flirts. Custom overlays where you can look at him without wincing. Obviously, Chapter 3+ content

I did not play long enough to play favorites in the other crews. :)

Edited by DomiSotto

I find it rather uncharacteristic of BW to leave the romance story line unfinished. I get engaged (and maybe married?) and yet, there's no indication of that other than a letter or two in your mailbox. A nice wedding cut scene would have been appreciated. Then move my new spouse into my personal quarters on my ship. They could have AT LEAST done that! Ideally, there would also have been a few conversations that could be repeated after that, like they did with Dragon Age: Origins. It's just very unsatisfying the way it was left.

I need closure!

I personally think that Bioware would do well to spend some time enhancing what is already there as opposed to trying to add new stuff like slot machines and whatever.

I am always seeing posts on the forums of people wanting more from the companions....does Bioware not listen? .

As for companions, there is plenty of potential, but it would cost more in development to accomplish a lot of it. Money they are not likely to risk just yet. Reskins/Appearances and other items, all require a fair amount of time and resources to create. They'd likely need to launch an expansion that brought back a couple million subs just to make the money needed to justify expanding companion customization in the following expansion. Would likely be 4.0 or 5.0 before we saw any real headway.

Edited by Superman_AZ

I saved Makeb so I deserve to use the Isotope-5 however I see fit.

Now who wants to die first?

[ Darth Marr Mode ( ON ) ]

Your useeeeee of the Iso-tope-fiveeee will beee contingent on the neeeeeeds of our Em-pireeeeee, first and foremosssssst. Do nooot exceeeeeed your reaaaaaaach, Wraaa-th.

[ Darth Marr Mode ( OFF ) ]

Edited by Darth_Wicked

It would be VERY nice if they would implement some changes along with Strongholds....ie perhaps a woohoo option with said companions.... hehe. But to be honest that would get old after a few hundred times. really I just want all companions to be able to fill any role and for there to be more companion customization options..... then add more companion conversation stuff!

Doubtful they'll do anything with companions. Companions compete with grouping, guilds, and PvP and it *seems* that TOR is starting to morph into StarGuildWars.

This is because they are and have been convinced that group content is the way to get more people since joe shmoe will invite his buddy to the game so they can group. And although this may be true and it may be the best idea... From what I see today, mmo's are jam packed with TONS of loners and in most cases loners and their spouses. It is important to cater to both for optimal growth. ;)

I find it rather uncharacteristic of BW to leave the romance story line unfinished. I get engaged (and maybe married?) and yet, there's no indication of that other than a letter or two in your mailbox. A nice wedding cut scene would have been appreciated. Then move my new spouse into my personal quarters on my ship. They could have AT LEAST done that! Ideally, there would also have been a few conversations that could be repeated after that, like they did with Dragon Age: Origins. It's just very unsatisfying the way it was left.

I need closure!

I need CHILDREN! Seriously, how cool would that be?

But then again, given that it might be ME (well, my toon) that would have to get pregnant ... maybe NOT!

:D