The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Speeder Rank Upgrade, for the vendor speeders!

Gwena

There are a lot of really nice speeders that are, quite frankly, a relic of pre-CM times. I'm talking mostly about the speeders that are sold by speeder vendors that are neither practical (why buy three speeders from level 1-50 when you can just buy one?) nor useful past a certain point (rank 3 speeders > rank 1/2 speeders). This suggestion does apply to some other non-adaptive speeders too though, like the Hyrotii Scrapper and some reputation speeders.

Now, I understand that adaptive speeders are an important and popular feature of the Cartel Market. So I suggest a (relatively inexpensive) item be added to the CM that converts one non-adaptive speeder of your choice to adaptive. Benefits:

- Speeders with a required social rank are now a more useful reward for having said social rank.

- More color variations of "classic" speeder models are now viable to use for more than a few levels.

- Rank 3 speeders from vendors may be used without having to wait until your character is high level. This may encourage more people to actually buy them.

(Note that rank 3 speeders that are obtained by doing end game activities like ops would still remain special for high level characters, as they are generally BoP.)

I hope the devs will consider it! Anyone else like this idea? :)

Edited by Gwena