SWTOR Flirting Table

DomiSotto

I think if you refuse to flirt with them three times, they stop flirting. At least this is what happened with Jorgan, because I didn't want him, and kept refusing him, so after a while it just stopped, I think 3 was the magic number.

You didn't read what I wrote. I've never done any of the flirt options, and now I'm stuck with a conversation 'mission' from him that doesn't allow any other outcome. All three options end up the same. There is no option to refuse. (I've seen a few posts where other people have run into the same issue with this NPC.)

At this point I can't complete his companion questline at all, because it's stuck with him trying to get into my BH's pants. There really should be a 'reset' option for companions, or a permanent way to break out of that idiot romance cycle, especially when you never initiated it to begin with.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jiandi, we are at a clear impasse. You dismiss anything I have to say, and vise versa. Just look at your last post, you advise me to play a BH to have a partnership feel for a romance, but next sentence down you tell me that the romance interest is a tosser. So, yeah, that's that.

It is really a shame that there are no PC-intitated ways to stop the romances or re-initiate them. It is an important option and would alleviate a lot of push-back from players who are rounded up into playing through the sequences they do not want to see.

My understanding is that it is not the number of times that you flirt with a companion that triggers the romance. Each companion has a "trigger conversation" which will set the flag permanently to on or off. What you do outside of that conversation is irrelevant (other than for affection gain/loss.)

There was an official post on this, probably a year or more ago, where it was confirmed what Jorgan's "trigger conversation" was. Players have figured out Corso's, but other than that, I'm not aware of anyone who has come forward with answers on the other companions. The trigger conversation is frequently not at all intuitive or obvious.

Unfortunately, once the flag is set, you cannot change it.

Jiandi, we are at a clear impasse. You dismiss anything I have to say, and vise versa. Just look at your last post, you advise me to play a BH to have a partnership feel for a romance, but next sentence down you tell me that the romance interest is a tosser. So, yeah, that's that.

It is really a shame that there are no PC-intitated ways to stop the romances or re-initiate them. It is an important option and would alleviate a lot of push-back from players who are rounded up into playing through the sequences they do not want to see.

Just because *I* find a character dumb or annoying doesn't mean everyone does. There are many companions that annoy me yet are loved by others. I'm not the kind of person that thinks that my personal preference on anything is a measuring point or something.

I would put forth that the amount of flirty-ness in an individual is related to their personality, not their sex. Sure, we can say that isn't always true by our own societal standards, but this game and these characters are from our society. This is after all a galaxy far, far away and a long time ago. Who's to say what social norms are in this place. You certainly can't draw much of an average off of the people you see in the movies or books. Most of these characters are villains or monks or soldiers. Edited by Elfa