The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

new animal mount idea

it seems ever since the beginning of the shipment four packs, animal mounts have really been in lately. i hate banthas though, their looks are the definition of stupid. i was upset at that addition. dewbacks aren't as bad, but just look silly with those scrawny, disproportionate arms. i like varactyles, especially the coastal and cavern variants (i own no animal mounts), but i do feel that the varactyles are very overdone. i was hoping for some repaints of the zeldrate, but that never happened. my all-time favorite critter from SWTOR is the scyk. they look fierce and colorful, but not flashy like the varactyles.

here is a link to a picture:

http://tor.zamimg.com/uploads/images/14560.jpg

Why would you be "upset" at the addition of banthas? They were in the original Star Wars movie and are more iconic than all these lizard mounts. If you don't want one, that's one thing, but to get upset that it's in the game at all seems puzzling to me.

Why would you be "upset" at the addition of banthas? They were in the original Star Wars movie and are more iconic than all these lizard mounts. If you don't want one, that's one thing, but to get upset that it's in the game at all seems puzzling to me.

i wasn't really 'upset' i was just disappointed they didnt do something better first. i would have also preferred if it wasnt taking up space in a pack. the worst thing i could imagine would be finding a super rare in a pack, but instead of a spiffy 1-seated korrealis i find a retarded-looking bantha. if someone else likes it then okay, but just please put it in the cm like the cavern varactyle, so the hard earned packs have the cook stuff in them.

Considering how much those banthas are worth on the market, even people who hate them should be thrilled to get one in a pack, which they can easily resell to buy 2 or more of the Korealis, or whatever speeders they want. If "the worst thing you can imagine" is getting an item worth millions of creds in a cartel pack, then there's just no pleasing. :p Edited by HeatRacer

Considering how much those banthas are worth on the market, even people who hate them should be thrilled to get one in a pack, which they can easily resell to buy 2 or more of the Korealis, or whatever speeders they want. If "the worst thing you can imagine" is getting an item worth millions of creds in a cartel pack, then there's just no pleasing. :p

true, it is worth quite a bit, but how do you know it isn't a fad? sure banthas are cool now but if a new pack comes (we are at the last of shipment 4) and everyone decides they like some other thing. also, it is rare that you find someone with millions of creds, the most i have ever had in my pocket at once was 250k on a 55er of mine. it would be better to barter, i really want an overlord's command throne. either that or a decedent skiff or that new 1-seater mini blue desler that came out recently. i actually wasted a ton of cc on some damn dye packs, which absolutely suck. i had over 50, and sold the majority of them for 10k and got myself a [flamecrest exoboar], an [interceptor armor set], a [meirm badger], a [red efficiency scanner], and a [miniature isotope-5 droid]. i also really dislike taking advantage of people on the gtn. i mean, i love to make some good profit but i don't think i would ever sell any individual item for over 250k. there is a line between getting well rewarded for being lucky enough, and taking advantage of someone because they want something badly, even if it is their own choice for something, save for the 41+ crystals, that is entirely cosmetic. i still buy off the gtn, because i get cool stuff that is wicked awesome, even if it is overpriced. once i saw a 1,000,000,000 credit [unusual egg], and i already had two in my inventory. then again, no one will go that far, which keeps sellers in line. anyway, i wasnt considering those possibilities, i was only looking at it directly. the problem with bartering is most of the time, they turn on their [ready] button as if i'd just give them 40 warzone medpacs and 40 warzone adrenals for free. sometimes i do give them free stuff when the gtn is unsuccessful.

Edited by CyberneticDucks

Given the inflation on the market over the past year from people just having more credits, 250k for rare CM items is actually pretty low. Charging Market Value for something is not "taking advantage" of anyone, as it is worth whatever someone is willing to pay. That's just basic Economics in play. "Taking advantage" of someone is trading a less-valuable item for a more-valuable item (as determined by current market values). So straight item-for-item bartering actually has the higher likelihood of people being taken advantage of, as 2 items are rarely worth the same amount. Edited by HeatRacer