Double XP Tokens

Scriffle

Instead of giving double xp weekends , could you give us double xp tokens aswell?

I would love to level at 2xp the whole , specially if you saw all the stories yet and just want to level the opposite advanced class. :)

So , give me double exp tokens. :D

Instead of giving double xp weekends , could you give us double xp tokens aswell?

From what I believe the code behind double XP looks like (not having seen the code, it's speculation, but with more than 30 years of experience as a programmer, I can make suppositions as to how it could be handled), double XP is a server-configuration toggle; when the flag is set for a server, all XP awards are doubled. Implementing a double-XP token in the same manner as the existing XP boost items means that there would need to be a flag on each character designating whether that character is receiving doubled XP or not; implementing this would require a database change.

Additionally, all of the existing XP boost items are gameplay-limited -- you get an hour of in-game XP boost for the character using the item; if you use a minor XP boost item, play for half an hour, then switch to another character for two hours, if you log back in on the first character, you'll still have half an hour of XP boost left on the character. If double-XP tokens were done the same way, then if the tokens were for two days of double XP, you would get two days of double XP gameplay per character -- potentially several real-time months of play where you were receiving double XP all that time.

Adding the additional code to make the double-XP tokens drive off a real-time counter would only reduce, not eliminate the problem. If each token gave you two real-time days of double XP for the character using the token, then an account with a dozen characters would be able to get more than three weeks of double XP by using the token on a character, playing that character until the boost ran out, then switching to the next character, repeating until all the tokens were used up.

In order to make the double-XP period work, from the player's viewpoint, just like the double-XP weekends except that they would get to choose when the period started, it would be necessary to add the fields necessary to track double-XP status to the player's account, as well as the code to make the boost track elapsed real time instead of game time. This would give the account double XP for two days from the point the token was used. However, the server-side coding to implement this would be significantly greater than any of the character-based versions (both from the server-side programming and coming up with a mechanism to deliver one token to each account holder -- probably by issuing an unlock code that they'd have to redeem on the swtor.com website), which themselves involve more programming resources than leaving things as they are. It would be necessary to get a significant amount of support from the playerbase behind the code change for Bioware to consider devoting the development resources necessary to implement this

Take the current Minor and Major XP boosts, change the stats to grant 200% gains for 1 hour or 3 hours. Sell them on the cartel market for 175CC for Minor and 250 for the major.

I like the idea.

/signed.

while i understand what the person above meant, i'm gonna have to say.... after leveling like 11 toons to 55s......... i really want to make that damn leveling alts go faster and i'm sure there is a ton of people who'll start on the 'it's already way too easy'. if you are of that mind - don't like it don't use it lol. but there is also a ton of people who would like to have an extra toon or too but are just too burned out from leveling already. that and not all of us live in EST time zone. so when double XP starts at 2 pm est, some us (i'm in Russia for example and for me it starts at 10 pm) get about a day less of Double XP then most others simply due to timezone issues, or maybe prior RL plans or some other emergencies. From this angle i think 200% minor & major XP boosts are the way to go (esp if they stack with rest XP LOL. :D