The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

So BW when you going to fix Sage/Sorc healers for competitive PvP i.e Ranked Arenas.

limenutpen

Its been a year plus since 2.0 arrived and since then Sages has been on a downhill in there healing role.

Then Arenas launched past fall and that has been the final gauntlet of all Seer Sages. Is it not time you fixed this class for Arena.

You have fixed Commando/Mercenary making them in line or close to the Scoundrel.

The the total abandoning of the Sage healers is not understood, at this point in time.

Edited by limenutpen

Its been a year plus since 2.0 arrived and since then Sages has been on a downhill in there healing role.

Then Arenas launched past fall and that has been the final gauntlet of all Seer Sages. Is it not time you fixed this class for Arena.

You have fixed Commando/Mercenary making them in line or close to the Scoundrel.

The the total abandoning of the Sage healers is not understood, at this point in time.

Let me explain how the complaint process works. Your statement is a general one at best. You are identifying there is a problem with Sage Seers in PvP granted, however you are not specifically stating what the problem is. A complaint stated without reasons backing up why it is being made is not a complaint...it is a whine.

If there are specific reasons Sage Seers are not good enough in PvP you either need to list them here in this thread, or if they are listed elsewhere in the forum that you know of then you need to link to the specific thread.

Just sitting here and generally saying "something is broke with sage seer spec in PvP...FIX IT!" is not good enough. Provide examples and possible solutions. Your complaint will be taken more seriously that way.

The problem with sage is simple. Our survivability is broken. Our Force barrier is broken. I should not have to pop my anti cc to use force barrier...

Why can we not run and heal at the same time?

why does bubble absorb no dmg at all, compared to the damage we take?

if I have to spend an entire arena healing myself, who is healing my team mates?

why does sanctuary heal the ground? Shouldn't it heal players? who stands in one place long enough to actually get healed by that.

How come some healers you need 3 dps on, but you can just send a bounty hunter after a sage gg game over?

Let me explain how the complaint process works. Your statement is a general one at best. You are identifying there is a problem with Sage Seers in PvP granted, however you are not specifically stating what the problem is. A complaint stated without reasons backing up why it is being made is not a complaint...it is a whine.

If there are specific reasons Sage Seers are not good enough in PvP you either need to list them here in this thread, or if they are listed elsewhere in the forum that you know of then you need to link to the specific thread.

Just sitting here and generally saying "something is broke with sage seer spec in PvP...FIX IT!" is not good enough. Provide examples and possible solutions. Your complaint will be taken more seriously that way.

How about they look at their "metrics". Surely they must be able to tell how many pure specs there are in ranked and if not, that's their problem and not ours. The answer is two by the way.

And really, one has to be an idiot to not be able to pinpoint the problems:

*Squishy, that alone will put the class on top of the priority list. Everyone wants to turn it into a 4 vs 3 as fast as possible and going for the sorc/sage if often the easiest approach. It's even easier when that sage/sorc is the healer.

*Can't cast much under pressure.

*In the event that you, through some miracle, survive the first three minutes you'll probably die because you don't have the force to heal yourself anymore.

Possible solutions/QoL:

*Cleanse off GCD

*Shorter CD on Trance

*No CD on HoT and more poweful

*Some form of effusion mechanic to heal abilities so that lack of force won't be the determing factor

*There should be some skill in the heal tree that cut the CD on Force Barrier and allowed healers to heal during the duration (so they would not be able to break it and the immobility but be able to heal) or possibly link some form of salvation to the area around the barrier or self heal to it.

The point is that they can buff the crap out of existing abilties instead of spending 2 years on something new that wont work anyway. Their trackrecord is poor at best.

Edited by MidichIorian

Here are some of my suggestions, some of them already stated in the other post but lets go again.

- giving us set bonus in the PvP (4/4) as from the PVE set from Healing Trance or make this talented

- reduce Deliverance healing time when you have Resplandance (1 st = .2 secs, 2 = .4 and 3 = 7)

- Making Healing Trance an energy Force filler, when you are using healing trance your energy generates faster. In order to make this more of a challenge, you can make it work with resplendance and if you have 1 Resplandance your Force energy is generating 20% with 1 strack, 40% with 2 and 60% with 3 stacks. This effect does not remove the stacks from Resplandance usable in the Salvation and Deliverance.

Anyways I have been playing Sage Seer since this game launched and the class have been broken in 1.2 because of the double dip Conveyance use to give. BW team instead of fixing double dip gave us the slowest burst heal of all the healers (funny considering our Light armor and squishyness), and even after 1.2 it took them over four months to fix double dip for Sages. Knowing the mistake they made a couple of months later they gave us Force Mend in 1.4 which still was not good enough but was better then nothing.

I also have to add that even before 1.2 and the fuzz on Sages, Scoundrels always was the most stronger healer, with Sages and Commandos following. Anyways the difference at the time was very minimal, to the contrary of what happened in recent times and after SWTOR 2.0 expansion.

My best heal with Sage is 2.7 HPS done in Solo Que Arena on the Tatoone Map like in last November (with a mix Obroan - Partisan gear full PvP gear), but I do go over 2k HPS quite a few times since 2.0 launched.

I also play the other healers and my best with Scoundrel is 2.9 HPS did in the same period.

Commando I do not play much and is also my most recent addition to my healers and my best so far is 2.1 HPS.

Edited by limenutpen

The problem with sage is simple. Our survivability is broken. Our Force barrier is broken. I should not have to pop my anti cc to use force barrier...

if I have to spend an entire arena healing myself, who is healing my team mates?

why does sanctuary heal the ground? Shouldn't it heal players? who stands in one place long enough to actually get healed by that.

How come some healers you need 3 dps on, but you can just send a bounty hunter after a sage gg game over?

This ^ You Sir are 100% correct. This should be a mandatory read for Bioware devs!!! I lol'd irl on how spot on every comment here was.

As far as salvation, http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=741216 is a proposal to allow it to follow a player on instead of being placed on the ground.

As far as the rest, it is why I have to run as my scoundrel instead of my sage even in pvp. I like sage better, and I am better at it, but my scoundrel performs better. The high movement fights in nightmare are a little more like PVP than older content, and I go from 6k HPS on my scoundrel to 4k HPS on my sage. All while being squishier, less mobile, with worse defensive cool downs, and a less reliable burst heal.

• 4 months later...

A little late and slightly off topic but...

I have a healer of each class. I play them in PVE and PVP.

What I can tell you is this:

Sage healers are the only class in game that has to kill themselves to get power back. If that is some kind of trade off for the AOE heals that Sages have well.....Anyone who has played all three healing classes can tell you it's not worth the trade off. There are only a few situations where that AOE heal is beneficial in comparison to the other healing classes, but even then I can easily heal through those situations with my other healers AND not have to kill myself to get force back. It's ridiculous!

I am not some hard core gamer but I play enough to know that the healing classes are not balanced. AKA Sages get the short end of the stick when it comes to heals. It would be more than fantastic if BW would do something about this. For example:

We don't have to kill ourselves to regain force.

No other healing class in game has to do that. Oh did I already say that? oops!

So frustrating.

Sincerely,

Your average gamer that knows enough that something ain't right with Sage healing.

Sage healers are the only class in game that has to kill themselves to get power back. If that is some kind of trade off for the AOE heals that Sages have well.....Anyone who has played all three healing classes can tell you it's not worth the trade off. There are only a few situations where that AOE heal is beneficial in comparison to the other healing classes, but even then I can easily heal through those situations with my other healers AND not have to kill myself to get force back. It's ridiculous!

I am not some hard core gamer but I play enough to know that the healing classes are not balanced. AKA Sages get the short end of the stick when it comes to heals. It would be more than fantastic if BW would do something about this. For example:

So frustrating.

Sincerely,

Your average gamer that knows enough that something ain't right with Sage healing.

I get your point, but I actually enjoy the mechanic sages have that transfers their own hps into power. That being said, I use this ability in 8 vs 8 war zones, but not in 4 vs 4 death matches. There just is not enough time to use this ability safely in a death match.

So frustrating.

Sincerely,

Patch 2.10

4-Piece PvP bonus means Sorc/Sage healers stop killing themself for force if they aren't being stupid

Yep, you're a little late :p

Now, go get that 4-piece bonus (using either alts or just reg starring with madness spec)

Yep, you're a little late :p

Now, go get that 4-piece bonus (using either alts or just reg starring with madness spec)

Things is I am not just talking PvP. The recent changes seem to be slightly effective with my sage in PvP but if it was all that or equal to other classes than people wouldn't be primarily using and/or preferring scoundrels. I dunno maybe you are on a PvP server where the bad assery runs rampant. but on a non-pvp server you will be hard pressed to find high numbers in favor of sage healers in PvP.

Now for the whole PVE thing. Unless they just recently changed something....I don't think any amount of set bonuses will save you.

It's lame, I put a lot of useless work into a healing class sage and well guess I will grind again to make them a dps since they are not superior to the other healing classes.

I have never heard anyone say YES A SAGE HEALER IN PVP lol

A little less grumbling in PVE.