2.8 Mercenary Changes

Bounty Hunter

Mercenary

General•Power Surge now grants 6 seconds of interrupt and pushback immunity after it has been consumed. For Mercenaries with Power Override, the immunity comes after the second activation.

Pyrotech (Mercenary)•Superheated Rail no longer gets damage from both Primary Hand and Off-Hand Rail Shot attacks.

Mercenaries get a small (presumably, never noticed where the additional DPS from Superheated rail comes into play) DPS nerf and the ability to get off their rotation a bit easier when focused down. Thought?

Personally, I see this as a token change, as PS doesn't come up all that often and even then it's 6 seconds - one rotation and that's it. Had they provided us with a 6 second stun/interrupt/pushback immunity, the change would boost Merc survivability by a noticable degree. Like this...meh.

Anyway, discuss, if there's anything to discuss :).

Edited by KaleTogras

The rail shot change is probably a nerf of up to around 100 dps in a high end parse. My reasoning for this is the top parses where commandos have consistently been lagging behind when in theory both classes should do the same damage (and after this patch most likely will).

Playing a commando myself I have no issue with this nerf, but if I was a merc I might feel differently about it.

The rail shot change is probably a nerf of up to around 100 dps in a high end parse. My reasoning for this is the top parses where commandos have consistently been lagging behind when in theory both classes should do the same damage (and after this patch most likely will).

Playing a commando myself I have no issue with this nerf, but if I was a merc I might feel differently about it.

Well, the 2 classes will never 100% line up because offhand hits on Power Shot and Unload, along with offhand hits on Rapid Shots.

Well, the 2 classes will never 100% line up because offhand hits on Power Shot and Unload, along with offhand hits on Rapid Shots.

It's actually more even than you'd think since cannons do more damage and your off hand has a chance to miss the double hits even out pretty well

• 1 month later...
Mercenaries get a small (presumably, never noticed where the additional DPS from Superheated rail comes into play) DPS nerf and the ability to get off their rotation a bit easier when focused down. Thought?

Personally, I see this as a token change, as PS doesn't come up all that often and even then it's 6 seconds - one rotation and that's it. Had they provided us with a 6 second stun/interrupt/pushback immunity, the change would boost Merc survivability by a noticable degree. Like this...meh.

Anyway, discuss, if there's anything to discuss :).

Power Surge will be better in PVP as a Bodyguard. Its not a noticeable buff, but its not cool to get stun/interrupt/pushback trying to get that big instant heal off.

Precisely how does Super Heated Rail affect actual damage? I can see how if it was venting 16 heat rather than 8, that would be a dps increase of a sort. Or was it making CGC proc twice with the two hits?

I've personally noticed a dps drop of around 150-200 DPS, and it sucks balls.

Edited by Dropfall

Precisely how does Super Heated Rail affect actual damage? I can see how if it was venting 16 heat rather than 8, that would be a dps increase of a sort. Or was it making CGC proc twice with the two hits?

I've personally noticed a dps drop of around 150-200 DPS, and it sucks balls.

That one.

MH would refresh the dot for 1 tick then OH would refresh it in the same milisecond for a second tick.

Damage loss of about 100 dps.

That one.

MH would refresh the dot for 1 tick then OH would refresh it in the same milisecond for a second tick.

Damage loss of about 100 dps.

The loss is higher than that.

Edited by Dropfall

It's around 75-85 DPS for me, I don't know what makes you think it's 150-200 or more.

Didn't say more than 200. Said between.

That said, I have been doing some more parses and is about 100-150 dps loss for me. Likelihood is I just had a good parse once and just havent quite matched it yet.