The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Maul = Sidious in saber skills?

Trixdope

As the title says. In their duel, Maul fought Sidious pretty evenly Jar'Kai vs Jar'Kai. It wasn't until Sidious used his force powers that he overwhelmed Maul and was able to beat him.

So this should put Maul in the same tier as Windu/Yoda in pure lightsaber prowess wouldn't it?

Edited by Trixdope

I think Maul lasted as long as he did, do to several potential reasons. First him and Palps use the same Form AND he was trained by Sidious. This means he would have intimate knowledge of his masters techniques. Its like when me and my little brother play fighting games. I fight better against him then I do against any of his friends because I grew up with him. I some times know what he is going to do before he even knows.

And the similar form style, means they are both trying to accomplish the same thing in the same way. The 4 masters that came in had no prior knowledge what so ever against Palps, had Maul been in that same position I doubt he would have lasted much longer then Fisto (though i still suspect he would have lasted longer as I do believe he is more skilled then Fisto.)

Of course Maul is better than Sidious in lightsaber skill, since Maul's a mara (since TCW) and Sidious is a sorc. Just that Sidious had much more control of the Force so he won. Edited by Sadishist