The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Collections should indicate what pieces you're still missing

OK basically, Collections is more confusing than it needs to be because:

• It doesn't make clear that everything needs to be bound to one character, not your Legacy or Account
  • It doesn't tell you which characters have which pieces bound to them already
  • It doesn't tell you which pieces you've 'triggered', and which ones are still missing.

This can lead to a lot of guessing games as you go hunting around your alts and Companions trying to remember if one them has X or Z armor piece bound to them already.

It would be a lot more efficient for the user if Collections had a few interface modifications to track:

• Current progress in unlocking each set (highlighting pieces you already have, for example)
  • An indication of which of your alts the piece is bound to (maybe asking too much? )

Of course, the best changes would be...

• Allowing pieces bound to any character in your Legacy or Account to count toward Collecting that set
  • Allowing each piece to Collect individually, so you don't have to spam up an entire set for the one piece you care about
  • Allowing us to reclaim ONE PIECE at a time so we don't have to play the Reclaim → Delete 5 armor pieces game all the time :p

But OK that's mostly wishful thinking. I'd settle for just a better tracking system for what junk pieces I'm still missing, and maybe which of my 16 alts it's sitting on. :)

Yeah, I like this idea. Because I've ran into the same issue - one of my characters on one server has two pieces of the Mira outfit (the belt and pants), and another character on a different server has the top (which is the one I'm trying to get the complete set for first, if I can). Even though one of the Bounty Supply vendors has the pieces of the Mira outfit available, you have to have the Hero standing first to purchase them. So I bought as many Bounty Packs as I could, but I'm still not at the Hero standing yet. So, that gets a bit frustrating when one has only so much they can spend for real at a time on Cartel Coins to buy the packs from the Cartel Market.

I also try to wait for my Monthly Grant and the Security Key Grant, but it would be nice if they were each in a higher amount. And sometimes it would take a while for it to really add up.