The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Unbind item and Legacy token

An item purchased through the CM that allows you to unbind an item. You would have to remove all mods/enhancements first and it would lose any augment slot that is on it. Also, one that allows you to unbind a vehicle you've already put in your collection.

Legacy token: An item purchased through the CM that turns a piece of gear into Legacy. Becomes untradeable. I want to use my full min/maxed 78s on my Sage from my Sorc, but unless I use the ugly gear. i can't. Yes, some of the legacy gear is ugly. I like to style and profile myself.

And you came with this idea all by yourself, hm?

Not unbind. Only for Bind on Equip or Pickup and only for Orange gear.

And why unbind the vehicle? You can already send copies of it to your toons, so this is useless. Unless you want to cheat the system and get closer to direct buying. Say you invest 2 mils in a rare mount, then unbind - you can have infinite rare mounts to sell, as long as you pay the legacy unlock.

Edited by Styxx

Sigh, I wish we could just consolidate all these. We had two main threads discussing this same thing regarding legacy...

At least Bioware sees all the posts and can gauge the interest.

Edited by undiess

No, I meant unbind as in you don't own it anymore on said toon. No need to be sarcastic about it either. If you can't be civil and constructive then don't bother responding.

I can be constructive, but I think you are after more than just an idea that would benefit mankind.

There are no reasons to unbind anything but armor and even those are questionable.

Edited by Styxx

Reasons for on binding items like armor and ropes and accessories and making them legacy wide available the reason for this is because if you want to get the same type of costume or items for two or more of your characters and kill a bunch o and kill a bunch of people to do this and there is no guarantee you will find that item once you do that so for the ability to do that it would be great to be able to use an item for one character and then traded up and use it for another character

• 6 months later...

I myself support this idea, however I think it would most likely be restricted to one time items such as class mission rewards, or just regular bound pieces except for end game relics, implants and earpieces. Being able to unbind 1 time items such as class quest rewards would also provide as a backup method in case you should lose an item you cannot get back if CS can't restore it.

Again, I fully support this idea and hope to see it become a reality someday :)

Edited by Swedguy