The "Wingman" System

(Op removed)

So after further reflection all thats needed is a general fixing / sprucing up of the current system. We need targetable, ally details like health etc. Id also like to see them try to improve the visibility of friendly icons on the HUD and radar. Added to that maybe enlarged buff icons etc. I think the wingman concept is asking too much.

Theres a lot of easy things they can do, currently there just isnt much in the way of ally information, and this needs a change.

Edited by DamascusAdontise

Personally I think the game should do more to respect pre-made groups that are made outside of the current operations/squadron panel. If I'm grouping with 1 other person and we're on voice chat, I find myself asking where they are a lot of the time.

I think without overhauling how communication works in PUGs, a wingman system might have limited effects.

Maybe being able to tag a player as my 'wingman' or 'focus' or something while in the ship select screen would be cool, and then they appear as an arrow similar to enemy targets or objectives in the HUD. I'm not worried too much about in-game rewards for obeying a wingman system, but things that naturally fit into play would be nice.

Edited by LilSaihah