Jedi Knight combat help with dps #'s please

Bigsmithin

Hi I am returning after a few years away from my jedi. It seems a lot has changed over the years away. My question is what is good dps for a 140 ilvl. I feel that I was very good before I quit playing and if I remember correctly I was at about 1900 sustained single target dps then. I have been reading on here that top dps in current top gear is 3800. Would the 40 or so ilvl and 5 lvls raise my dps 2k if I can return to top form?

The top combat parse is mine and closer to 3900 and honestly combat is a completely different spec than it was when you left. I'd say you'd be closer to 3500. People overestimate the amount of dps gear makes. Plus pulling above 3800 or even 3700 in combat takes alot of knowledge of the spec and luck with RNG. Its not like gunnery or concealment where you can pick it up and be doing top numbers by following a rotation. Edited by TrillOG-

The top combat parse is mine and closer to 3900 and honestly combat is a completely different spec than it was when you left. I'd say you'd be closer to 3500. People overestimate the amount of dps gear makes. Plus pulling above 3800 or even 3700 in combat takes alot of knowledge of the spec and luck with RNG. Its not like gunnery or concealment where you can pick it up and be doing top numbers by following a rotation.

So what you're saying is I'm not completely a terribad then? Can I get this in writing with your signature please?

Ok good info. Thanks for the help all. PVE is only hard if you a baddie btw.

Thanks man, I am a pretty big baddie. I haven't done DF NiM on 8 & 16 man, nor have I done all of the PvE achievements & secret bosses on farm. Baddies will be baddie. I appreciate the input :D