[Eng PvP] advice needed

rlionherz

so currently i`am working my way up to full brutalizer....

i know the eng tree isn`t TEH best numbers wise. i just love that tree because of it`s "tanking" aspect. facetanking or guarding a node, that`s what i like :w_tongue: ( ye sure a tank might be a better choice for such things but i suck as melee )

i do fine in reg`s wich isn`t hard tbh but since the OS nerf my avg dmg numbers droped alot.

how do you guys compensate that nerf?

what are the tricks to be a successful engineer in Arenas?

right now i do not survive long enough to get to full potential. mostly because i`am on the focus if there is no healer, wich is 90% of the time. so i try to be as annoying as much as i can and "free" my teammates so they can do whatever they are able to....

here is my spec and gear setting Mr.Robot ftw

adivces; solutions; tricks even dirty ones are highly welcome

solo can be tricky; depends on how aggressive the enemy team is to you personally. I'd say, if they're being ultra aggressive against you at the opening, use both your rolls defensively to kite the opening burst where applicable. Pop into cover as early in the round as possible, in an effort to build stealth detection stacks. If you spot a sin/shadow making it's way towards you, throw your intero probe onto it to break it out of stealth, then depending on the distance between him and you, either throw down plasma probe to stun and slow him, or just roll away if he's quite close to you. You should always be looking to "roll resist" thermal detonator and thundering blast where applicable. Also hang well back from your teammates at the opening of the round; too many times i've seen PT's and Juggs on my team trying to make me engage first so they can freecast without any pressure; screw them dude, they're melee so make them commit early.

If the other team isn't ultra aggressive towards you, I'd be looking to rollbang any enemies without aoe reduction asap. Good targets for rollbanging are vengeance juggs and sorcs. If you get the opportunity to do so, throw intero probe + plasma probe onto a Pyro PT as they tend to break any CC's instantly without realising that plasma probe only produces a 2sec stun (therefore you can use debilitate more effectively down the road).

Take seismic grenades to solo queue hahaha. Honestly though, plasma probe stun + seismic grenade stun offers considerable control on enemies without filling much of their resolve bar.

If you get makeb arena, make use of the bridge despite how laggy it is. effective use of knockback and entrench can mitigate enemy team effectiveness and coordination.

Try to always pop your first shield probe before resetting the cooldown on it with emp discharge, even if it doesn't look like you really need to use it.