Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Extension of Companion Dialogue

AlienEyeTX

With Galactic Strongholds hitting, including personal quarters, I hope that there will be additional companion cutscenes added so we can see what their opinion of living the high life is.

i'm sure some of it will be followed by a "get treek to shut up...'

but yes, some dialouge or even short cutscenes with romance options moving in would be a nice touch.

I am pretty sure there will not be, but I would love to be wrong on this. More companion stories is one of my biggest wants for the game.

dont think it was necessarily more "story" dialogue with them moving in, and something along the ship droid where when romance comes home after a crafting mission or something you get a "honey i'm home" type statement.

dont think it was necessarily more "story" dialogue with them moving in, and something along the ship droid where when romance comes home after a crafting mission or something you get a "honey i'm home" type statement.

That would be funny, but I think it's a great opportunity to add a little something "extra." I'd even be happy if there was a way to forbid some of them from entering my home. You really think I want Skadge stinkin' the place up? :p

It's unlikely. Maybe we'll see new companion dialogue in 3.0 but I'm not expecting anything more than what we got with Makeb.

Getting all the companion voice actors back together I'm sure must be insanely time consuming and a pain in the ***. There are 8 classes that have 5 companions each. That's 40 characters. 42 if you add in HK and Treek. Now not all of the characters speak English but even if you discount those characters you're still talking 30+ voices. That sort of thing it going to take a long time to get scheduled and completed.

The only thing that has pointed to their possibly being new stuff recorded was Lacey Chabert (Mako) tweeting that she did more voice work for TOR. That was over a year ago at this point.

If they were going to do more with the companions I'm sure they'd save it for 3.0, and not something free like housing, so that 3.0 can have another bullet point to sell people on.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.