New to swtor- leveling guides/advice marauder 17!

Been playing now for a week- played Star Wars galaxies from launch through 2010.

Been out of the galaxy the last 4 years...

Been searching websites and reading guides - however most are written prior to the latest patches- I don't have a firm enough grasp on all the intricacies of classes and abilities to know enough yet.

So I'm currently a 17 sith warrior marauder... Played anni spec up until now- but I'm switching to rage I think... Shi cho fits my style better I belive...

I don't mind grouping- but I prefer to take my time solo pve with a companion atm... I do like the pop I just feel I need to learn a little more and get some decent equipment first..

So I'm going to focus on leveling pve ...

Should I max out rage then spend rest on other trees?

Any highly recommended reading- or what skills I should focus on first?

What about rotations--- ?

Thank you for yor time helping an avid Star Wars fan who is excited to be back !

I think I have a grasp on equipment- obviously strength, power -

I haven't seen any item mods that have accuracy- is it later I'll look for this?

I asked globally in fleet- which I should level- carnage or rage were the consensus- anni just seems to be more focused for endgame elite bosses- which are few and far between ATM.

So rage vs carnage I guess? Or should I go hybrid right out of the gate?

May the force be with you all!

For the first 10 or so levels, Annihilation is the best option as it gets all its good tools except annihilate pretty much off the bat. The good tools for Carnage come at level 45+, and focus needs level 27 before it starts getting good.

If you decide to level with focus though, the first 2 points should be spent in increased Fury Generation (found in annihilation tree), then go up the focus tree. Typically though you are best just going annihilation till level 27 and then when you get there swap to focus (+2 fury generation, as well as auto-crit shockwaves-smash)

Edited by TACeMossie

thanks i had been annihilation - but i was having some probs with mobs, crowd control... the bleeds were nice - but i felt it lacked something... switched to carnage - b ut again such low level.. hard to say..

maybe its just marauder doesnt feel right - i may need to start an inquisitor...

when leveling a character - is it ok to spread beginning skill points in advanced classes across all 3 trees? i did like some stuff in the anni tree -(fury gen, etc) but when i respec - i usually stick with one tree to get to the good stuff quicker?