The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Darth Revans Chest with Cape.

Okay, so since the original thread in general discussion was derailed horribly, I figured I'd make a new one in honour of the original posters suggestion.

Quite simply the premise is as the title suggests. Darth Revan as we knew him from flashbacks, know him from artwork / fan art and little statues and action figures... always had a cape. Even the statue of him in game in the cave near the Revanite camp shows him with a cape. I remember seeing Revan for the first time and feeling a slight twinge of disappointment that he did not have one.

Now I believe the original suggestion was to change the chestpiece already in game, which would bother most I imagine. So my suggestion would simply be to add a cape to the chest on a -NEW- item and sell it seperately in the CM. I know I for one would jump on it the day it was released.

I'll throw a few screenies for comparison for what it was like, what we currently have and some photoshopped images of what it could be.

Revan as we knew him:

http://videogame-art.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/VideoGameArt_SWTOR_DarthRevan01_LeeDevonald.jpg

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070224061435/starwars/images/e/e9/Bastilasstriketeamfacesrevan.jpg

http://videogame-art.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/VideoGameArt_DarthRevan02_RodrigoBranco.jpg

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070127004134/starwars/images/0/0b/Revan2.jpg

Revan as we got him:

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/200/1/5/darth_revan_by_darrita-d40sa04.jpg

http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/9/99864/2462466-revanfinalduel01.jpg

What I propose (note this isn't Revans armour as I don't own it, but it's pretty much the same but with a different skin):

http://i.imgur.com/Lt3IPP0.jpg

Edit: The chestpiece itself, in hindsight, does not need to be "Revans". As you can clearly see from what I am wearing, there are other pieces out there that match Revans set, just not in texture / colour.

And lets be fair, clipping is an issue for some, not for others. Bioware / the art team seem to fall under the latter. How many items were introduced / are still being introduced into this game that clip horrendously?

Edited by Darth-Rion

No thank you. I see no need for 2 Revan sets if all that's going to be added is a cape.

If you wish for a cape, there are plenty of hooded capes available.

I never said anything about a set. I suggested they add another chestpiece to be bought seperately, like the other singular chest pieces in the CM.

And I have a multitude of caped chestpieces. None of them, however, match the skirt.

I also find it quite amusing that you're happy to suggest another armour set that Revan is seen wearing, just not named after Revan, yet say no to making his actual armour set look more like his KotoR appearance.

Edited by Darth-Rion

I never said anything about a set. I suggested they add another chestpiece to be bought seperately, like the other singular chest pieces in the CM.

And I have a multitude of caped chestpieces. None of them, however, match the skirt.

I also find it quite amusing that you're happy to suggest another armour set that Revan is seen wearing, just not named after Revan, yet say no to making his actual armour set look more like his KotoR appearance.

I like the style of the armor he is wearing in the wall paper but it's not his Kotor Armor or Swtor armor, so there it's not his armor. In fact the closest thing to it in game is a hood up version of thana vesh's set.

But nice attempt anyways.

Also you say none match the skirt but have you tried dyes? You'd be amazed...

No thank you. I see no need for 2 Revan sets if all that's going to be added is a cape.

If you wish for a cape, there are plenty of hooded capes available.

Could not that be said for 99% of the armor on the CM? Don't really so the harm for the mention.

Plenty of items in-game. Browse the GTN like I do for a while and you'll find them.

Tell you what. Go find a hood with a cape on the GTN, Empire side, that looks good / matches the lower Revan robe, then we can talk.

Good luck.

Edit: Even Lego Revan has a cape, for crying out loud Bioware! How can Lego get his damn armour right and YOU can't?

>.<

Edited by Darth-Rion

Rather have the Maelstrom Prison Variant. Because ya'know. It Exists.

And they removed the cape on Revan's model in the alpha because of clipping issues. And Chose to keep it that way. As we see today. Alpha was a scary place. and personally. I am Glad. There isn't a cape. Because I wouldn't wear it if it did because these are force robes I can wear on the Meditation Hoverchair and Throne without clipping issues where it looks like a flying buttflap.

They wont make a brand new set for a suggestion like this. Best thing you can do is ask for a Rep Vendor variant for a new pack series. As such in my suggestion lists.

Maelstrom Chest Variant Revan Chestpiece (no attachments but hood down)

Darth Malak's Chest Varian't with a short cape.

Cassus Fett's Chestplate without a cape.

Edited by Magnusheart

Tell you what. Go find a hood with a cape on the GTN, Empire side, that looks good / matches the lower Revan robe, then we can talk.

Good luck.

Edit: Even Lego Revan has a cape, for crying out loud Bioware! How can Lego get his damn armour right and YOU can't?

>.<

Challenge Accepted. (Note what I think looks good may differ from what you think looks good.)

Item #1 from the CM Store directly or the GTN: Pathfinder's Chestplate.

Toss on a Black/Red Dye kit and click off Unify for the Head and Gloves and wallah.

Item #2 from the CM Store Directly or the GTN: Wayfarer's Robe

A nice alternative if you are looking for something with a less heavy look to it.

They wont make a brand new set for a suggestion like this. Best thing you can do is ask for a Rep Vendor variant for a new pack series. As such in my suggestion lists.

Again, I never said anything about a set. -CHESTPIECE- alone, by itself.

Challenge Accepted. (Note what I think looks good may differ from what you think looks good.)

Toss on a Black/Red Dye kit and click off Unify for the Head and Gloves and wallah.

A nice alternative if you are looking for something with a less heavy look to it.

I was going under the assumption those two were a given as they are readily available for inspection. Neither, in my mind, match the lower robe, especially the Pathfinder chest, that hood is the weakest looking hood I have ever seen on an item x.x

The Wayfarers, whilst plain and simple with a nice hood... is just that. Plain. It doesn't dye very nice in the front with the black / red dye (cape is nice though), but it just doesn't match up to the textures of the lower robe, not to mention, Revans / my chestpiece (and others like it) are very nicely detailed chestpieces. I'll edit the OP with some further suggestions.

When we say hood, we mean something that doesn't look like ****. Those hoods kind of suck, because slap a mask on your face, and it looks god awful.

And as I said, in my opinion, they don't.

You did of course say there are "Plenty of items in-game", right at the top of the page here. Now, apart from those two CM items, there is not one single item on the GTN or in this game for the Empire that has both a hood and a cape attatched.

And as I said, in my opinion, they don't.

You did of course say there are "Plenty of items in-game", right at the top of the page here. Now, apart from those two CM items, there is not one single item on the GTN or in this game for the Empire that has both a hood and a cape attatched.

You never specified that you wanted it for Empire before I said that. If you had I wouldn't have said it. There are lots of options Pub side.

You never specified that you wanted it for Empire before I said that. If you had I wouldn't have said it. There are lots of options Pub side.

Apologies, I figured my forum name and the screenies I posted of my character would have been sufficient enough evidence for what side I'm on :p

To be honest. They should just make a Cape Toggle and Hood Toggle.

Solve 99% of the customization problems for players wanting this or that.

I Understand players would want a cape'd revan chest. just as much as I wish they would make his already existing Maelstrom Prison Variant an item too.