The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

[PvP] Anyone doing hybrid tank/dps on arenas?

Capote

Was searching for info about this kinda of builds but didn't find anything recent. Anyone knows if hybrid tank/dps is viable in solo arenas or even regs? If yes, which build/gear do you guys use? Edited by Capote

Was searching for info about this kinda of builds but didn't find anything recent. Anyone knows if hybrid tank/dps is viable in solo arenas or even regs? If yes, which build/gear do you guys use?

Hybrid DPS/Tank is no longer viable on PTs. On the bright side, Using full DPS gear as a tank still works perfectly fine, and you do ~30% less DPS in exchange for having guard, 20% more health and 40% less kinetic/energy damage.

Hybrid DPS/Tank is no longer viable on PTs. On the bright side, Using full DPS gear as a tank still works perfectly fine, and you do ~30% less DPS in exchange for having guard, 20% more health and 40% less kinetic/energy damage.

I wouldn't say its no longer viable. It is. But against the best teams in U.S it probably won't work. Against average people and decents you will face roll with it.

So you are using full DPS gear with full tank spec?

Which set bonus do you use?

So you are using full DPS gear with full tank spec?

Which set bonus do you use?

Well i've only got Combat Techs gear, but occasionally I tank an SM op and forget to respec when I queue for arenas, and as such am forced to Tank in them. On the bright side, I've got a reusable fortitude stim, but thats about it :(