The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Can we get a Data Entry regen item without the air drop animation?

Sorry if this has already been posted, but I did a quick skim and didn't see it.

Anyhow, the title pretty much says what I want to say -- I would like to see a version of the data entry regen item without the air drop animation. I would much prefer it without the big missile-shaped package and the clanking noise.

That said, I absolutely LOVE the little nod to Dulfy, and as you can see in the threads I linked above I am not the only one who thinks there should be a version of this item without the air drop added on to it. I think it seems like it would be an easy thing to remove -- maybe the new version could even have a slightly different color palette as well, I don't know. That part is less important to me. I even like the little light that glows at the top when the character hits "send" and stands up. Just not the package -- I seriously didn't even understand why it was there to begin with, and thought someone else was dropping items while Dulfy was recording (until she did it a second time, that is).

So, yeah, that's pretty much it. Can we get a version two, pretty please, and keep the Cartel Associate 0U-1FY flavor text? :jawa_wink:

its a nod to dulfy entering data obtained from cartel packs. otherwise its just a chair. Not sure what the fuss is about.

While I see what you're saying, I suppose we'd have to agree to disagree. I would just prefer the item without the air-drop part of the animation. In my opinion, it doesn't even seem to fit the description on the item itself. It would be a chair plus a computer and a "sending" light, which is enough for me. (Plus, Dulfy does a lot more than report on Cartel packs, so it doesn't seem out of place to me to have two versions of it.)

I mean, I'm not even into RP or anything. I just know what I like, and what I'll get a lot of use out of.