The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Ever thought of how Bioware changed the world?

dobidon

I was browsing through youtube and stumbled across a video that brought up thoughts I had not considered, emotions I had forgotten, and surprising truths about bioware and gaming in general.

I will put the link to the video to the bottom of the post but I wanted to express my thoughts and opinions on the subject first. I know the chances that any BioWare exec. is going to see this are very slim but if they do browse these forums they need to know what they've done;

In spite of all the hate and flames I've seen on the forums the fact is: Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic was the game that broke the Star Wars curse; before that game there were very few really good star wars games. We had some terrible games and some not so bad games but we didnt get really good star wars games until after KotOR. This series also turned out to be so emersive and so complex that it changed what we, as people who enjoy a good story, expect from a story. The video I'm about to share even details about how the Manaan quest line may very well be the best story quest line ever written in any video game to date.

What I really want people to get out of this post, and what I really want Bioware to get out of this post, is that The Old Republic - the very concept - would not exist without Bioware. Before KotOR most stories and games were set in the time period of the movie series or later. If I could speak to a bioware executive I would first thank them for making this series, and then I would beg them to further expand on this. What would SWToR be like with Manaan, with more interactions with the mandalore, or with more old windbags like Jolee Bindo? I would ask BioWare to re-implement the promised idea of benefits to neutral aligned players - as I know they exist, I've seen you all - mostly RPers - who run neutral characters and it's really unfair that you don't get to use specialty alignment gear..

Anyhow the video I promised:

I really hope you agree with me on this, but if not I won't be ashamed. Please don't flame, remember I'm just one guy with an opinion that really doesn't matter.

I'm just one guy with an opinion that really doesn't matter.

Mule fritters! Your opinion does matter.

I miss the Blazes out of KoToR. Between Mass Effect and KotoR, they are my all-time, ABSOLUTE favorite games. I wish Bioware would RE-release it for a modern console.

BTW, good video. :)

Edit:

I LOVE your versus series. The collaboration with EvanNova95 was amazing.

Please keep doing these.

Edited by Sappharan

Mule fritters! Your opinion does matter.

I miss the Blazes out of KoToR. Between Mass Effect and KotoR, they are my all-time, ABSOLUTE favorite games. I wish Bioware would RE-release it for a modern console.

BTW, good video. :)

Edit:

I LOVE your versus series. The collaboration with EvanNova95 was amazing.

Please keep doing these.

Not my videos, not my series; I was just browsing youtube and found those. Sorry if I gave the wrong impression