A new HK droid companion type

Haggardbr

Doing some dailies just now with my HK-51 and I thought, wouldn't it be awesome to have a new HK droid model as a TANK companion?

I know the HK-47 / 51 are assassin models, but since they're droids, we could have a version of them that's specifically for tanking, since HK-51 is a dps companion only.

Maybe the name could be something like HK-52T where " T " stands for TANK or maybe HK-74NK, " tank " in leet speak.

I would love to have such companion, since the main role of all my char's is dps.

What do you guys think about this?

Edited by Haggardbr

Well..... I'm on the fence about this. Here's why:

If you play a trooper or imperial agent, you already get a tanking droid companion in the forms of M1-4X or Scorpio, respectively. Also, droid companions already have the following drawbacks:

1: They cannot be properly upgraded like other companions because armorings from gear that's bought/dropped cannot be removed and placed in droid parts because something like the sensor unit on a droid for example doesn't count as a "head slot" to the game.

2: Crafted/Vendor gear for droids doesn't come with mod slots. When you craft it (and they're not exactly cheap to craft or buy, either.) That's it, that's as good as it will ever be.

I think a better option would be to instead of introducing single new companions like they did with HK-51 and Treek, to have a new set of companions introduced, but you can only choose one of out of them from the bunch per character.

So for example, they have the "stock crews" if you will in Galactic Starfighter to serve as your crew on your starfighter when you're low level until you get to higher level and unlock other crew members from doing your class story mission. Say we get to choose one of the four of them as a new companion? Now that's something I could get behind. One of them on either side also happesn to be a droid, so that would work out well for you, OP. And if they did, they need to do romance options all around. Think about it, these characters could play homewrecker if you already married one of your other companions? ;)

If you play a trooper or imperial agent, you already get a tanking droid companion in the forms of M1-4X or Scorpio...

I know, I have both classes, but let's be honest here... HK series chassis is the best looking one of them all, don't you think? Specially with the new imperial / republic assault customizations from the new tactical flashpoints.

I know, I have both classes, but let's be honest here... HK series chassis is the best looking one of them all, don't you think? Specially with the new imperial / republic assault customizations from the new tactical flashpoints.

Yes and no, but a new companion that looks exactly like the one we already have is boring. I think the other guy had it right in saying give HK-51 an option between dps mode and tank mode, if that's what you really want.

Doing some dailies just now with my HK-51 and I thought, wouldn't it be awesome to have a new HK droid model as a TANK companion?

I know the HK-47 / 51 are assassin models, but since they're droids, we could have a version of them that's specifically for tanking, since HK-51 is a dps companion only.

Maybe the name could be something like HK-52T where " T " stands for TANK or maybe HK-74NK, " tank " in leet speak.

I would love to have such companion, since the main role of all my char's is dps.

What do you guys think about this?

IF HK get's this then y not let any companion be any role need in game and make it so that if u go to an FP or OP or WZ u can choose the right number of companions to go with u?

IF HK get's this then y not let any companion be any role need in game and make it so that if u go to an FP or OP or WZ u can choose the right number of companions to go with u?

Because what you said has nothing to do with my suggestion? :confused:

What I said is to ADD / INCLUDE / BRING IN / SUM DO THE WHOLE a new droid companion like HK that's fit for tanking only, just like HK that's dps only.

Because what you said has nothing to do with my suggestion? :confused:

What I said is to ADD / INCLUDE / BRING IN / SUM DO THE WHOLE a new droid companion like HK that's fit for tanking only, just like HK that's dps only.

No cause it has everything to do with this y would HK get the only here he can be whatever u need him to be when the original companions can't?

No cause it has everything to do with this y would HK get the only here he can be whatever u need him to be when the original companions can't?

I don't know HK could tank... can it? At least mine gets its *** handed to me aft failing hard.

then ur retarded at working ur companions for affection HK can't Tank it's pure DPS noobtard and it should stay that way noobtard

Like I said many times before, HK-51 is only a dps companion and if you didn't understand the actual reason of this thread is to suggest a new "HK like" droid companion that is a tank only.

I'm not suggesting for other companions to do other things, like Corso to heal and Elara to tank nor HK to do it all, I'm suggesting the addition of a new droid companion.

The way you said in your previous post I understood that HK-51 can tank. I've been using HK-51 since they added it to the game with several toons, I know what's his purpose and I'm the noobtard?

Anyway... you just got a report for such a needless reply.

Edited by Haggardbr