The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Alien Masks

We're likely not getting playable races like Kel Dor, Duros, Selkath, Nautolans, or Rodians, so how about masks for the races we won't get? I'm not sure how hard it would be to get into the game, but the models already exist, right? Would it be too hard to make Alien heads go into the head slot? We have droid armor now, and I would personally love to have a weird alien face.

That's actually a pretty good workaround to get other alien races into the game, especially since Togruta females, Chagrian and Devaronian males, etc all use the exact same face. One issue though is that the rest of the body/skin color wouldn't match, in case anyone cared. That, and it would be a little creepy that you're basically wearing a dead guy's head, lol. Edited by HeatRacer

Well that's not exactly what I'm referring to. I'm talking about regular armor sets that happen to show skin. Take for example a dancer's outfit, which shows a lot of skin; the head would be an alien, but the skin showed by the dancer's outfit would still be human (or whatever race you are). Edited by HeatRacer

• 3 weeks later...
Well that's not exactly what I'm referring to. I'm talking about regular armor sets that happen to show skin. Take for example a dancer's outfit, which shows a lot of skin; the head would be an alien, but the skin showed by the dancer's outfit would still be human (or whatever race you are).

Yeah that is a bit of a problem. When someone creates a character they know wants to be a specific alien, I'm sure they can get pretty close with the skin tones already in the game though. There is also the appearance customization kiosk, which if you want to match the alien after the fact you could just drop some cartel coins down. I'm sure, however, people would come up with weird costume combinations that could potentially be lore breaking, but I don't really see that as a problem.

HA!.. that'd be like when they introduced Cathar as playable and people put the "relaxed" equipment styles on them, looking like a bunch of shaved cat-people, or normal people wearing kitty cat face-paint... honestly i couldn't help but break out laughing behind my monitor every time i saw oner of them, it looked so silly...