Account safety and the HeartBleed SSL vulnerability

XEEVA

Just wondering where we stand with our account security and the recently published heartbleed OpenSSL issue.

Can we get verification that origin and swtor accounts are ok and that we do not need to change our account passwords please.

Just wondering where we stand with our account security and the recently published heartbleed OpenSSL issue.

Can we get verification that origin and swtor accounts are ok and that we do not need to change our account passwords please.

We haven't gotten an official post by Bioware on the subject (as far as I know) but there are already 2 threads on the topic, discussing it. Here & here.

Because changing your password needs Bioware`s approval, amirite?

Well it would be pointless to change your password before BW came out and announced that they patched their services (if they are affected - which we also don't know).

Edited by djdee

Well it would be pointless to change your password before BW came out and announced that they patched their services (if they are affected - which we also don't know).

Of course they did. I bet it was patched before it has come public also.

It would be suicidal not to and not even Bioware is THAT stupid, with all their incompetence.

Change your passwords while the heartbleed thing is not sorted out yet. Brilliant. :D

The info I could dig up puts logins as not affected.

However, they can`t say anything anyway, or shouldn`t - Akamai failed it`s patch, and they can say it`s fixed, only for somebody to try and sue them for being compromised, or say it`s not fixed and attract all nasty crowds and their mothers.

probably trying to figure out how to place a fix on the Cartel Market.. 1800 CC's will earn your account protection from the heartbleed infection :) for 2200 Cartel Coins you can get the deluxe package that comes with the "heartbreaker" title for your toon; for only 460 more coins you can unlock said title for all your alts account-wide