Tython/Korriban and Gearing

cjlcw

I know I've asked similar questions before, I'm sorry for that -- it's a result of not having much time for this game. So would gear with a 156 rating suffice for these flashpoints on story mode? What about 128 (I haven yet to gear my Republic main any further)? I have no intention of playing hard mode.

Also, what are the fastest ways to gear my characters?

Thanks

I have no intention of playing hard mode.

Well good news there for you then, the new FP's only come in SM, there is no HM version....yet

And I would suggest at least the Artifact level 53 gear as minimum (unsure of its rating cause I don't like the new rating system so I'll just call it what I always did... the 66 mod gear) or if you have basic coms go for the 69 gear for 55

I know I've asked similar questions before, I'm sorry for that -- it's a result of not having much time for this game. So would gear with a 156 rating suffice for these flashpoints on story mode? What about 128 (I haven yet to gear my Republic main any further)? I have no intention of playing hard mode.

Also, what are the fastest ways to gear my characters?

Thanks

As long as you're paying attention during the fights and know how to play your class, 156 rating would be fine (that's the [66] mod-level under the old rating system that dacentabaal was talking about), but 128 would probably be really pushing it unless you're in a well-coordinated group.

I'd suggest running through Oricon once to get the full 156 set it gives as quest rewards before PUGing the FPs.

Edited by DarthDymond

Thanks for the replies. It's good to know my imperial character is ready. I Oricon is a good idea for my Republic character -- I forgot about that planet's rewards for questing. To get above 156 will I have to resign my self to a long repetitive process, or is there an easier way? Even though she's ready, I'd like to get my Sith Marauder to the next set of gear.

To get above 156 will I have to resign my self to a long repetitive process, or is there an easier way?

Well the next step is the 162 gear, including the Black Market Gear which you can buy for Basic Comms. There's a trade-off it be made there: if you want to get as many Basic Comms as possible to gear up as quickly as possible, then yeah it'll get fairly repetitive. But there are plenty of different avenues to get Basic Comms, so if you're only taking advantage of one or two each session, then rotating between them can keep things a bit fresher overall.

The progression quests on Makeb, the Macro-binoculars and Seeker Droid quest-lines, Makeb dailies, GSI quests, CZ-198, Oricon, and Flashpoints (including the daily Group Finder bonus) all give Basic Comms, and at 55 I believe so do all of the quest rewards from the different Reoccurring Events. Plus running SM on the level 55 Operations will also give you gear drops that are at least level 162, including the Arkanian gear that has set bonuses.

On top of that, the credits you earn from all these different activities can go towards picking up mods from the GTN, which as of the latest patch can be crafted all the way up to item level 180.

Point is, you've got some options here - it's kind of a personal preference matter as to whether you want to stick to a few things, rotate between a bunch of the different options to keep them fresh, or go all-out and try to cram in all the different options to maximize how many Comms you're picking up each week.

Edited by DarthDymond

I'd actually recommend against using the basic comms for anything other than isotope-5s for crafting yourself a 78 mainhand alongside a few MMGs and Equalizers. How to gear up then? Run a 16-man full run of Terror From Beyond, Scum and Villainy, The Dread Fortress and The Dread Palace. Roll on everything Arkanian until you have 1 of everything except implants and relics, which you need 2 of each (though you get 2 relics from the 1-time dread ops story missions. Pick the Boundless Ages relic though - the Serendipitous assault drops a LOT from Calphayus and sometimes Dread Guards), and if you did the 1-time story missions you'll also have 4 MMGs and 8 Equalizers, plus any mats you successfully rolled on. When you hit 2 MMGs, 8 Isotope-5's and 8 Exotic Element Equalizers, go see a crafter and get yourself an "Advanced Might Hilt 34". In addition, you'll have picked up a lot of Ultimate comms from doing this, so go pick up an "Oriconian Foestoppers Mk-1 Offhand Saber"

Anyway, when its done, your gear should look like this (I took the liberty if picking the good stuff for you)

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/b409cca6-73b0-41b9-a44e-c4aba4648181

Note: This is for a carnage marauder. If you are going Annihilation or Rage, you have to swap out the Advanced Adept Enhancement 28s (found on the headpiece and the gloves) with Advanced Initiative Enhancement 28s and the Arkanian Vindicators Mk-X Package with an Arkanian Weaponmasters Mk-V Package.

Oh and on top of all of that, by doing all that, you'll have 200 elite comms which can also be used to get some of the gear slots filled you didn't get with your first run. Since no one values arkanian anymore, chances are you are gonna get everything though.

Edited by TACeMossie

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.