The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

This is going to sound strange but... Is there any way to opt OUT of 2x exp

Peanutrulz

One of the main reasons i play this game is that it blends the story of a single player game into a mmo environment. I dont want double xp I want to play the game at the pace it was intended and do it was already bad enough with galactic star fighter. Go on a space fighting binge and you out level the zone your in in no time.... which for 95% of the people thats fine.

I want to do the majority of the quests. The double xp just throws the pacing all off you end up having to skip the majority of side quests. Couldnt they make it like double credits from looting or something :/.

Anyways I know there probably isnt but is there a place to check that gets rid of the double xp? Honestly for me id rather not have it the only thing I can think of is lvling up a class i already played and pick a different advanced class but i dont even want to do that cause i wanted to make the 2nd toon of that class a pure evil little dark side bastard and some of the conversations of that are quite funny.

This is about the only game out there where double xp is a bad thing for me. If it was a pure grindy mmo like the majority of mmos out there double xp is great.

I feel your pain. I am a new player to this game too, and Double XP weekends means i cant play that weekend.

I really think double xp weekends are for players that been long into the game, and want to level alts, and skip all class quests...heck all quest whatsoever. Lots of ppl use it to level from 1 to 55 as fast as possible, since after level 15 when you get your ship, you can pretty much skip all quest in the game and only do spaceships quest until level 55 faster.

Thing is, i want to experience the class quests and history as inteded with regular xp.

I Agree they should implement a system where you can choose if you want to use the double xp weekend, or just play with regular exp.

I feel your pain. I am a new player to this game too, and Double XP weekends means i cant play that weekend.

I really think double xp weekends are for players that been long into the game, and want to level alts, and skip all class quests...heck all quest whatsoever. Lots of ppl use it to level from 1 to 55 as fast as possible, since after level 15 when you get your ship, you can pretty much skip all quest in the game and only do spaceships quest until level 55 faster.

Thing is, i want to experience the class quests and history as inteded with regular xp.

I Agree they should implement a system where you can choose if you want to use the double xp weekend, or just play with regular exp.

Well I didnt think people would actually agree with me... a little surprised to be honest :p

Double Xp sounds great in concept. If it brings new people into the game then i guess it worked. But it really kills the pacing and questing for new players especially and people leveling threw a class/planet for the first time.

I might just grind up some toons that im ok to grind, I have a jedi sage thats a low lvl and i already have a fairly high lvl jedi shadow and there both "good" so I might just play the sage or could start a new toon. But if you just started the game in the last few weeks its really a game killer in my opinion.

@Peanutrulz, if you do want to play this weekend (despite the double-xp), I have some suggestions for you. While none of these will eliminate the double-xp, these suggestions could help you to continue playing despite the event.

If you don't have any of the legacy XP perks, and you're not using an XP boost consumable, you will only gain about 1-3 levels per planet doing just your class quest. (Note that most planets cover 4 levels of character advancement).

So the first thing to do would be to focus purely on the class story. By the time you reach the end of your class arc on that planet, you're going to be underleveled and undergeared, so the mobs may become difficult. If you're low on planetary commendations, try returning to an earlier planet and run some of the Heriocs that are now grey. If you've skipped over these, even better, as it will be something new to see. And because they're grey, you won't get any xp from them.

You can use the credits and commendations from these to improve your gear.

When you reach the next planet, pick up the planetary quest line, and run BOTH your class quest and the planetary quest.

By the time you reach the end of THAT planet, you'll have caught up on the missing levels from the first planet.

On the next planet, skip the planetary quest line again, and focus on the class quest.

Etc.

If you ever plan on creating another character (to see those class stories), you can pick up everything you missed the first time around.

I hope this helps.

Edited by Khevar

Don't turn in your quests (you can hold up to 25). This way you can still play (and get double exp from killing mobs) but hold off on turning in the quests until the event is over.

Im just going to work on crew skills and maybe lvl up toons where i already know the story and im going to answer the dialog in about the exact same way.

Its just a little backward to have to play the game different and arguably in a diminished way over an event which is clearly meant to be positive. There are ways to still play but your more limited IF you wanted to enjoy the stories and the side quests. To many people that are making there 2nd or 3rd or 4th+ lvl 55 toon then they probably dont have much interest in running the tedious quests over cause they know the outcome and the dialog by heart at that point. Im the same way with some of the Coruscant or Taris quests ive done em enough to the point where I do skip dialog. Except on my evil character cause thats my first toon im going pure cold blooded dark side.

Again its probably a mostly unintended outcome that by doing a bonus of double XP SOME people want to play less. Its an annoyance, its not the end of the world and if it attracts new players to the game and keeps them interested even though its in super fast skip quests mode... then im fine with it.

Edited by Peanutrulz

This is a thread I started some time ago. If you read it, just be prepared for the hostility from the other players to a request that would not affect them in any way. In any case, if you expect any sort of response from BW, don't hold your breath.

Cheers

Bruce