Bioware, any word on fishing/Cooking/swimming?

DarthAgonny

They have some of that ...

Fishing = Seeker Driod

Cooking = Biochem

What the heck is swimming anyway? You mean you want water you can swim in? How is that a craft skill?

Seeker droid = mini game, Fishing = gathering skill

Cooking = Cooking , Biochem = Alchemy

So more consumables that do exactly what Biochem does. I don't see any need for that.

Cooking its also a time consuming crew skill that makes a lot of people happy, so important most MMOs have it, even those that are coming soon...

Cooking its also a time consuming crew skill that makes a lot of people happy, so important most MMOs have it, even those that are coming soon...

Can you eat what you cook? How would your character benefit from it, in a way that doesn't benefit already, with the stuff you can craft with biochem or purchase from vendors?

With so much stuff they can invest their time with, you want... Cooking. Genius.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Can you eat what you cook? How would your character benefit from it, in a way that doesn't benefit already, with the stuff you can craft with biochem or purchase from vendors?

With so much stuff they can invest their time with, you want... Cooking. Genius.

So you rather let them invest money on revamping gear or making pink dyes? nice, cause the way i see it, cooking/fishing/swimming add inmersion to the game, time sink crew skills and make a lot of people happy.

So you rather let them invest money on revamping gear or making pink dyes? nice, cause the way i see it, cooking/fishing/swimming add inmersion to the game, time sink crew skills and make a lot of people happy.

They add "inmersion"? Also, always nice to see someone presenting a counter-argument that somehow doesn't involve the CM, especially given the fact I'm one of its most staunchest defenders. :rolleyes:

Regardless, I have no interest whatsoever in swimming, fishing or cooking. Why? Because that is stuff I actually do in real-life. Wielding a lightsaber or explore new worlds or revisit them, after a tragedy has befallen them? Not so much.

They add "inmersion"? Also, always nice to see someone presenting a counter-argument that somehow doesn't involve the CM, especially given the fact I'm one of its most staunchest defenders. :rolleyes:

Regardless, I have no interest whatsoever in swimming, fishing or cooking. Why? Because that is stuff I actually do in real-life. Wielding a lightsaber or explore new worlds or revisit them, after a tragedy has befallen them? Not so much.

its quite funny you use the "its something i can do in RL" argument, lucky the devs dont think like you do, otherwise we would end up without general chat at all.

its quite funny you use the "its something i can do in RL" argument, lucky the devs dont think like you do, otherwise we would end up without general chat at all.

Guess somehow along the way you missed the "MMO" part. Try harder, if you want to be taken seriously.

yeah, MMO part, WoW, EQ/2/Next, Lotro, Wildstar, GW2, SWG, TESO, AION, ....where all of them have cooking/fishing implemented

That's not really an argument, not to mention you failed to address thus far what I asked earlier...

You going to answer this time or you going for the CM's throat yet again?

Edited by Darth_Wicked

That's not really an argument, not to mention you failed to address thus far what I asked earlier...

You going to answer this time or you going for the CM's throat yet again?

since you are just a troll, ill ignore you instead of feeding ya, or better might throw you at my rancor mount :p

since you are just a troll, ill ignore you instead of feeding ya, or better might throw you at my rancor mount :p

You read it here first everyone: Whenever you question an addition to the game you find questionable, you are hereby granted the title of troll.

That's original. :rolleyes:

You read it here first everyone: Whenever you question an addition to the game you find questionable, you are hereby granted the title of troll.

That's original. :rolleyes:

that would be true if you were questioning, yet you are just trolling for the sake of doing it, you do know those features belong to MMOs, exist in the SW universe and are not so difficult to implement.

that would be true if you were questioning, yet you are just trolling for the sake of doing it, you do know those features belong to MMOs, exist in the SW universe and are not so difficult to implement.

I'm not trolling, considering I asked you a question not without merit, a question which you have FAILED so far to address...

What would cooking offer that biochem and countless vendors throughout the Galaxy don't already?

Edited by Darth_Wicked

I'm not trolling, considering I asked you a question not without merit, a question which you have FAILED so far to address...

What would cooking offer that biochem and countless vendors throughout the Galaxy don't already?

Different buffs, like it does in any other MMO, the list of possible buffs is too big to fit in one single crew skill/profession, therefore they separate them into cooking and alchemy/biochem/first aid etc.

now i would like to ask you a question, would you ask Activision's CEO why does he keep cooking in WoW if they have Alchemy?.....:rolleyes: noone would ever dare to ask him that, i can reassure you...cooking/fishing and swimming are MMOs brands...

Edited by DarthAgonny

Please... no. It would be a huge waste of time & resources. Plus, swimming I don't see happening due to engine issues and fishing/cooking don't fit the Star Wars setting.

"Commander Bob: Sir! You have to stop Darth Jawaburger before he takes over the Galaxy! Jedi John: Aye! Can't you see I'm fishing here?!?!" :rolleyes::p

Edited by Essence_of_Light

Different buffs, like it does in any other MMO, the list of possible buffs is too big to fit in one single crew skill/profession, therefore they separate them into cooking and alchemy/biochem/first aid etc.

I don't want to have to get more consumables for a raid. 1 type of stim, one type of andrenal, and one type of medpac is plenty. I'd be very annoyed if I had to bring(and pay for) another set of consumables just to create a crafting market.

now i would like to ask you a question, would you ask Activision's CEO why does he keep cooking in WoW if they have Alchemy?.....:rolleyes: noone would ever dare to ask him that, i can reassure you...cooking/fishing and swimming are MMOs brands...

Regardless, having in mind the people who responded so far, I guess you're alone in this pursue.

As far as I'm concerned, I see absolutely NOTHING that cooking can provide that Biochem or vendors cannot. As Vandicus puts it...

I don't want to have to get more consumables for a raid. 1 type of stim, one type of andrenal, and one type of medpac is plenty. I'd be very annoyed if I had to bring(and pay for) another set of consumables just to create a crafting market.

Yep.

Edited by Darth_Wicked