[BUG](still) Concealment evasion proc not cleansing madness dots

TyrannisWP

As the title suggests when you use scamper/exfiltrate and get an "evasion" proc that evasion doesn't remove madness DoTs. Your regular evasion removes the DoTs but the "evasion" you get from rolling doesn't. Your roll "evasion" removes every other DoT in the game (that it can) but madness DoTs still can't be cleansed by it.

Again your regular evasion cleanses them but the proc one you get does not.

Edited by TyrannisWP

The new Concealment Evasion proc does NOT Purge Dot's, it simply now just grants resistance to all incoming damage.

I'm not talking about the damage resistance that they just implemented with the new patch I'm talking about when you use scamper/exfiltrate and get an evasion proc it cleanses everything off you (corrosive grenade/dart, force crush, lightning sorc's affliction/crushing darkness, pyro dots, vengeance dots, annihilation dots) but not madness sorc dots. This was the case even before they gave it a damage resistance and has been this way since they made madness sorc dots uncleansable. I use the roll to cleanse a lot of things off me but when you're fighting a sorc you have to use your actual evasion because the one you get from your roll doesn't remove those dots.

Edited by TyrannisWP

This. Madness sorcs can have their dots uncleasable via skill tree.

Except you can still remove them with evasion...... I'm not retarded I have a 55 of each AC on both pub side and imp side and play them all. I know how madness works and how evasion works on ops. You can remove everything off you with evasion (including madness dots) but when you use troll roll and you get an evasion proc that removes everything it doesn't remove madness dots. Go try this out for yourself instead of posting things that everyone knows.

Edited by TyrannisWP

We tested this using a Lethality Sniper vs. a Concealment Operative, and found that Exfiltrate isn't purging any DoTs, which is working as designed. The Exfiltrate buff improves your chance to Dodge (and this chance can be improved by putting points into Shadow Operative Elite), but does not remove DoTs. Evasion does still purge DoTs as designed.

We tested this using a Lethality Sniper vs. a Concealment Operative, and found that Exfiltrate isn't purging any DoTs, which is working as designed. The Exfiltrate buff improves your chance to Dodge (and this chance can be improved by putting points into Shadow Operative Elite), but does not remove DoTs. Evasion does still purge DoTs as designed.

did you even read the op?

Do you even play this game? Seriously goddamn. You tested a concealment op vs leth sniper! Ffs gg bioware. Read the tooltip in the concealment tree. It is supposed to proc evasion which PURGES DOTS! Sniper doesn't get this so why did you test vs them? Explains why you guys can't keep a competent PvP community to save your life. You aren't even competent yourself. Concealment will literally be unplayable if this bug stays and HS has no knockdown. You ****s even buffed sin knockdown after people made dumb arguments for why it stayed. Epic fail.

You're right, but here's a detailed explanation of the confusion people are experiencing. My PTS post about this issue seems to have been deleted when the PTS forum was cleared. Prior to 2.7, the talent Slippery Devil talent was as follows:

Increases your effective stealth level by 1/2. In addition, when you activate Scamper, you have a 25/50% chance to trigger Dodge for 1 second. This effect cannot occur more than once every 15 seconds. Also reduces the energy cost of Scamper by 2/4.

In 2.7 the talent was changed to the following:

Increases your effective stealth level by 1/2. In addition, when you activate Scamper you gain a 25/50% chance to dodge all incoming attacks for 1.5 seconds.

So, it went from a 25/50% chance to gain the ability Dodge for 1 second (which cleanses DoTs), to a 100% chance to increase your ranged/melee/force/tech dodge by 25/50% for 1.5 seconds while Scampering. My suggestion would be to reword the tooltip to:

Increases your effective stealth level by 1/2. In addition, when you activate Scamper your chance to dodge all incoming attacks is increased by 25/50% for 1.5 seconds.

Here's my PTS test images. The first is my base defense stats, the second is while Scampering without Slippery Devil, and the third is with two points in Slippery Devil while Scampering.

Edited by Aikion

You're right, but here's a detailed explanation of the confusion people are experiencing. My PTS post about this issue seems to have been deleted when the PTS forum was cleared. Prior to 2.7, the talent Slippery Devil talent was as follows:

Increases your effective stealth level by 1/2. In addition, when you activate Scamper, you have a 25/50% chance to trigger Dodge for 1 second. This effect cannot occur more than once every 15 seconds. Also reduces the energy cost of Scamper by 2/4.

In 2.7 the talent was changed to the following:

Increases your effective stealth level by 1/2. In addition, when you activate Scamper you gain a 25/50% chance to dodge all incoming attacks for 1.5 seconds.

So, it went from a 25/50% chance to gain the ability Dodge for 1 second (which cleanses DoTs), to a 100% chance to increase your ranged/melee/force/tech dodge by 25/50% for 1.5 seconds while Scampering. My suggestion would be to reword the tooltip to:

Increases your effective stealth level by 1/2. In addition, when you activate Scamper your chance to dodge all incoming attacks is increased by 25/50% for 1.5 seconds.

Here's my PTS test images. The first is my base defense stats, the second is while Scampering without Slippery Devil, and the third is with two points in Slippery Devil while Scampering.

That's what we figured was happening - a misunderstanding of the wording of the tooltip. I'm going to pass it along to Combat to see if we can get it changed to wording that doesn't potentially conflict with the actual ability Dodge (which Exfiltrate/Scamper does NOT proc).

That's what we figured was happening - a misunderstanding of the wording of the tooltip. I'm going to pass it along to Combat to see if we can get it changed to wording that doesn't potentially conflict with the actual ability Dodge (which Exfiltrate/Scamper does NOT proc).

The OP claims that in 2.7, the proc from exfiltrate/scamper cleanses dots, but not madness dots. This means that although the new tooltip for the talent claims that scamper merely gives you a 50% chance to dodge all incoming attacks, there is also a cleanse (doesn't work on madness dots) aspect to the proc that isn't mentioned. This is particularly odd, considering that the dodge/evasion proc from roll originally had a purge (does work on madness dots) function. So basically, if the OP's report is correct: BW dun goofed.

The OP claims that in 2.7, the proc from exfiltrate/scamper cleanses dots, but not madness dots. This means that although the new tooltip for the talent claims that scamper merely gives you a 50% chance to dodge all incoming attacks, there is also a cleanse (doesn't work on madness dots) aspect to the proc that isn't mentioned. This is particularly odd, considering that the dodge/evasion proc from roll originally had a purge (does work on madness dots) function. So basically, if the OP's report is correct: BW dun goofed.

Again your regular evasion cleanses them but the proc one you get does not.

From the OP. Indeed, regular evasion clears them, proc from roll does not. As Tait said.

But if a madness sorcerer as points in devour the Dots cannot be cleansed.

Madness•In addition to previous effects, Devour now makes your damage-over-time effects uncleansable. This affects Creeping Terror, Discharge, Crushing Darkness, and Affliction

Well I did my own tests and I realize I was wrong. Although the animation is the same as evasion and the same as in patch 2.6 they just decided it would be best to nerf us even more. Going to continue this discussion on the operative forums because this BS needs to stop.

Well I did my own tests and I realize I was wrong. Although the animation is the same as evasion and the same as in patch 2.6 they just decided it would be best to nerf us even more. Going to continue this discussion on the operative forums because this BS needs to stop.

So it doesn't cleanse dots at all?

From the OP. Indeed, regular evasion clears them, proc from roll does not. As Tait said.

Not sure you got the point of my post....

Edited by JediMasterSLC

So it doesn't cleanse dots at all?

No they decided that it would be best to just get rid of it all together because that would be too overpowered. As we all know concealment is by far and away the most overpowered class in the game and it's necessary to keep making sure that even the worst players in the game have a shot at killing you. Thus they decided to remove one of the only things that made this class playable in any sort of group environment and take it away. God knows it would have been way too much if we could have been able to cleanse ourselves of the 20 dots that get put on us as soon as we pop out of stealth. Instead we get a 50% chance to be immune to damage for 1.5 seconds which is just amazing because everyone knows that when 20 DoTs are on you they all go off right when you get that proc so all the damage is completely mitigated from an entire cycle of the DoTs.

I assume the reason that the animation is exactly the same still (and the same as evasion) is that they we're too lazy to change it (like they were too lazy to make a different set of gear for the next pvp tier)

No they decided that it would be best to just get rid of it all together because that would be too overpowered. As we all know concealment is by far and away the most overpowered class in the game and it's necessary to keep making sure that even the worst players in the game have a shot at killing you. Thus they decided to remove one of the only things that made this class playable in any sort of group environment and take it away. God knows it would have been way too much if we could have been able to cleanse ourselves of the 20 dots that get put on us as soon as we pop out of stealth. Instead we get a 50% chance to be immune to damage for 1.5 seconds which is just amazing because everyone knows that when 20 DoTs are on you they all go off right when you get that proc so all the damage is completely mitigated from an entire cycle of the DoTs.

I assume the reason that the animation is exactly the same still (and the same as evasion) is that they we're too lazy to change it (like they were too lazy to make a different set of gear for the next pvp tier)

Dude didn't you know nerfing conc into the ground isn't enough. You have to BURY IT. There are teams of stunlocking (I mean rootlocking) operatives, K?? TEAMS OF THEM. TEAMSSS!!

Do you even play this game? Seriously gosh darn. You tested a concealment op vs leth sniper! Ffs gg bioware. Read the tooltip in the concealment tree. It is supposed to proc evasion which PURGES DOTS! Sniper doesn't get this so why did you test vs them? Explains why you guys can't keep a competent PvP community to save your life. You aren't even competent yourself. Concealment will literally be unplayable if this bug stays and HS has no knockdown. You ****s even buffed sin knockdown after people made dumb arguments for why it stayed. Epic fail.

Did you even read what he said?

They said it is by design that it doesn't cleanse dots when rolling, and you couldn't cleanse madness dots via roll evasion before 2.7 as well. L2Read, gosh darn.

Its obviously not a full evasion, and for good reason, Op Healers dont need much more survivability, and idk if you've tried it, but unless you're playing against some kind of insane aoe cleave, operative lethality DPS is actually semi VIABLE now thanks to the new roll and shield probe. Like holy ****, you people are completely inept.

Try out Operative DPS in ranked, you can easily do 1900+ DPS as it and it RAPES ranged and sorcs.

Edited by Abbrachmann

Did you even read what he said?

They said it is by design that it doesn't cleanse dots when rolling, and you couldn't cleanse madness dots via roll evasion before 2.7 as well. L2Read, gosh darn.

Its obviously not a full evasion, and for good reason, Op Healers dont need much more survivability, and idk if you've tried it, but unless you're playing against some kind of insane aoe cleave, operative lethality DPS is actually semi VIABLE now thanks to the new roll and shield probe. Like holy ****, you people are completely inept.

Try out Operative DPS in ranked, you can easily do 1900+ DPS as it and it RAPES ranged and sorcs.

I've been playing DF scoundrel in regs and I can definitely see that. Why did you mention op heals though lol.