So, Gree Event? When is it coming back?

Dras_Keto

No announcement about it yet, and releases for it have been all over the map, from as frequent as one month apart to as long as five months:

1) February 12, 2013

2) March 12

3) May 21

4) July 23

5) December 24

If i had to guess, I would expect it'll be another 4-5 month gap from the last one before it comes back, so I'm calling sometime between the very end of April and end of May.

Edited by DarthDymond

Im aware that there is no announcement about it as of yet, thus the thread.

What Im hoping is, Bioware realises that releasing new stuff that is functionally unobtainable for anyone, barring the fortunate few who happened to still have enough of the components is rather inane, and they slate it sometime very soon.

Or, they could have just done the intelligent thing and left the armouring/barrel/hilt locks the way they were before 2.0 or whenever it was they screwed it up.

I must say, I have been waiting for the events that were promised to be once a month (for one week) like the bounty hunter event, gree event, and the rakghoul event. ..I need more rep in each event. .. Please Bioware, here my plea and have these events more often. ... for reputation sake :cool:

I have to ask......

What is the Gree event?

I am not familiar with what you all are asking about...

PVE thing. Some weird critters that remind me of the aliens in the movie "Independence Day" do...something. I haven't done it before, I've only seen their picture on the front page. You can get some cool armor sets from it, so I hear - the "scalene" types.

This issue has made me very frustrated. After all of the clamoring to have a Legacy Offhand, they finally relent and release one that requires "Currency" that has not been available for four months! I have 8 Gray Helix Components (6 on my Sentinel and 2 on my Commando), but they can't share. It takes 8 Gray Helix Components on a single character since they are Bound.

They should have just waited to release the Legacy Offhand when the Gree Event came back. Somebody at Bioware is having a good laugh about this I think. (Hey, let's give them a Legacy Offhand that most won't be able to buy!) lol

Please tell us when these events are scheduled to return.

P.S. It's been long enough that you could at least reopen the original Rakghoul Tunnel again for a week. You could have put the Legacy Offhand there too. (Or anywhere that you can earn "currency" to buy it.)

This issue has made me very frustrated. After all of the clamoring to have a Legacy Offhand, they finally relent and release one that requires "Currency" that has not been available for four months! I have 8 Gray Helix Components (6 on my Sentinel and 2 on my Commando), but they can't share. It takes 8 Gray Helix Components on a single character since they are Bound.

They should have just waited to release the Legacy Offhand when the Gree Event came back. Somebody at Bioware is having a good laugh about this I think. (Hey, let's give them a Legacy Offhand that most won't be able to buy!) lol

Please tell us when these events are scheduled to return.

P.S. It's been long enough that you could at least reopen the original Rakghoul Tunnel again for a week. You could have put the Legacy Offhand there too. (Or anywhere that you can earn "currency" to buy it.)

For the sake of argument, let's say the Gree Event comes back on May 27th, around 5 months after the last Event (since that Event came five months after the previous).

The way they did implement it (adding the Legacy Off-Hands in Patch 2.7):

• Everyone who happens to have 8 or more Helix currency can get a Legacy Off-Hand as of April 8th.
  • Everyone who doesn't happen to have 8 or more Helix currency won't be able to get a Legacy Off-Hand until May 27th.

The way you're suggesting they do it ("They should have just waited to release the Legacy Offhand when the Gree Event came back."):

• Everyone who happens to have 8 or more Helix currency won't be able to get a Legacy Off-Hand until May 27th.
  • Everyone who doesn't happen to have 8 or more Helix currency won't be able to get a Legacy Off-Hand until May 27th.

Why would your way be the better of these two scenarios? No one gets it any sooner, and a lot of people who can get them now would instead be forced to wait.

I'm all for the Gree Event returning a bit more often, say every 4 months or so, and for the Rakghoul Event occurring more often than it currently looks like it will (maybe cropping up every 3 months). At least until they have more Events to cycle through, at which time they can space them out more. But I don't see any value in holding back on content they have ready to go, especially when as you pointed out it is something a lot of people have been waiting for.

Edited by DarthDymond

The problem is, they are releasing one of things we have been waiting a very long time for when almost no one can possibly get it.

Usually when a game puts out something that is incredibly hard to get, its gated by some sort of skill/time commitment requirement, IE, you had to be part of a raid group capable of doing NiM EC in under two hours to get the Warstalker title. Or, you have to farm XYZ mob for hours on end to get a silly looking legacy bound hat.

With this, unless you happen to have 8+ helix components left over from the last event (which, you have to admit, is pretty unlikely, as what would make the most sense is to plan you acquisition to match up with the price of something you could buy, and not to randomly have stuff left over) you are SOL.

I think its rather poor planning on their part to release something like this, in this fashion. Its the type of thing that some overly dramatic forum flamer would call "a slap in the face." Mainly, its just annoying.

Edited by Dras_Keto

For the sake of argument, let's say the Gree Event comes back on May 27th, around 5 months after the last Event (since that Event came five months after the previous).

The way they did implement it (adding the Legacy Off-Hands in Patch 2.7):

• Everyone who happens to have 8 or more Helix currency can get a Legacy Off-Hand as of April 8th.

The way you're suggesting they do it ("They should have just waited to release the Legacy Offhand when the Gree Event came back."):

• Everyone who happens to have 8 or more Helix currency won't be able to get a Legacy Off-Hand until May 27th.

Why would your way be the better of these two scenarios? No one gets it any sooner, and a lot of people who can get them now would instead be forced to wait.

I'm all for the Gree Event returning a bit more often, say every 4 months or so, and for the Rakghoul Event occurring more often than it currently looks like it will (maybe cropping up every 3 months). At least until they have more Events to cycle through, at which time they can space them out more. But I don't see any value in holding back on content they have ready to go, especially when as you pointed out it is something a lot of people have been waiting for.

Or maybe have both, release new stuff AND have the Gree event back this same week.

And at a minimum, put a rolling calendar together that shows the events for the next several months instead of this random 'Ok we'll do it next week' crap.

And like another poster said, my personal preference since legacy mod shuttling is in game, get rid of the silly hand / weapon type restrictions (normalize costs and rarity if need be, but the current system is clunky and also screws quite a few class / comp combinations).

The problem is, they are releasing one of things we have been waiting a very long time for when almost no one can possibly get it.

Usually when a game puts out something that is incredibly hard to get, its gated by some sort of skill/time commitment requirement, IE, you had to be part of a raid group capable of doing NiM EC in under two hours to get the Warstalker title. Or, you have to farm XYZ mob for hours on end to get a silly looking legacy bound hat.

With this, unless you happen to have 8+ helix components left over from the last event (which, you have to admit, is pretty unlikely, as what would make the most sense is to plan you acquisition to match up with the price of something you could buy, and not to randomly have stuff left over) you are SOL.

I think its rather poor planning on their part to release something like this, in this fashion. Its the type of thing that some overly dramatic forum flamer would call "a slap in the face." Mainly, its just annoying.

Thank you! This is exactly my point. The previous posters argument is based on a made up supposition that the Gree Event will come back April 27th. It may not come back until October 27th for all we know. So his examples are pointless. Give us a calendar. But more importantly, this is the first time that I am aware of that the items are not tied to some way to obtain them. (And I don't mean with accidentally leftover tokens from 4 months ago). When they released new items for the Bounty Hunter Event vendors, you could run the Bounty Hunter Week event to get them. Why on earth would you release content which a very small percentage of people could acquire while frustrating everybody else? When frustration starts to exceed the fun of playing the game, what's the point?

Isn't there a way to make these suggestions to Bioware? I recently saw a forum posting which would allow you to make these types of suggestions. My memory is not the greatest, but I thought the events were going to be once a month when they first released the Bounty Hunter event. ...am I correct or is it wishful thinking?

Isn't there a way to make these suggestions to Bioware? I recently saw a forum posting which would allow you to make these types of suggestions. My memory is not the greatest, but I thought the events were going to be once a month when they first released the Bounty Hunter event. ...am I correct or is it wishful thinking?

Only the BH event was said to be monthly at the time of its release. The Gree Event was not and the Rakghoul Event only returned ALMOST two years(!!!) later, albeit considerably different.

I personally like the idea of some type of rolling calendar. .. but this may be to much to ask. I know I seldom check SWTOR and Dulfy to acquire possible dates of the upcoming "returning" events, but my search was disappointing. My game time is significantly reduced when personal events take place. But I would definitely plan my game time around a calendar that would allow me to complete my reputation in each of the events. This is very difficult to do at the current system of alerting players.. ie: the day of, or in my case, the day after the event has began. ..food for thought

Only the BH event was said to be monthly at the time of its release. The Gree Event was not and the Rakghoul Event only returned ALMOST two years(!!!) later, albeit considerably different.

Thank you, I knew my memory was not all that great. LOL but had the Bounty Hunter event been monthly?

Im aware that there is no announcement about it as of yet, thus the thread.

What Im hoping is, Bioware realises that releasing new stuff that is functionally unobtainable for anyone, barring the fortunate few who happened to still have enough of the components is rather inane, and they slate it sometime very soon.

Or, they could have just done the intelligent thing and left the armouring/barrel/hilt locks the way they were before 2.0 or whenever it was they screwed it up.

Has anyone made the suggestion to Bioware, regarding some type of rolling calendar?

There is much simpler solution... add those off hands to more reputation vendors.

Calendar is good but not solving major issue here - some advanced classes are favored again (can get legacy weapon/off hand for credits, while other not).

• 2 weeks later...
No announcement about it yet, and releases for it have been all over the map, from as frequent as one month apart to as long as five months:

1) February 12, 2013

2) March 12

3) May 21

4) July 23

5) December 24

If i had to guess, I would expect it'll be another 4-5 month gap from the last one before it comes back, so I'm calling sometime between the very end of April and end of May.

I agree with your post and i want to say it is the most valuable information we have to go on. I love Gree and I love the Rakghoul event. If you notice in last few times w/ Gree and life day it inter-mingled with other events. and it would not surprise me if they mingle the Double XP weekend event coming May 2-5,2014 with Gree or the Monthly Bounty Hunter week which is always mid-month! rotflmao.

This issue has made me very frustrated. After all of the clamoring to have a Legacy Offhand, they finally relent and release one that requires "Currency" that has not been available for four months! I have 8 Gray Helix Components (6 on my Sentinel and 2 on my Commando),

If you haven't learned by now, you should always keep a stash of tokens for newly added event items. Many of us learned this the hard way when they first added the Blue Sphere to the Gree vendor on the 2nd go. Since then there have been may additional items, not only to Gree but the Bounty Contract event, as well as other reputation vendors.