The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Macrobinocular/seeker droid heroics should be repeatable

AndrewAlberts

If you are unguilded, then getting a group to do the heroics at the end of the macrobinocular and seeker droid quest chains is a daunting prospect. This is because every single heroic up to this point has been repeatable and there is an incentive to doing them over and over - for the comms. With these heroics however, all that is gone. You can only get these heroics once, and when they are completed, you cannot get them a second time, and even if you did join a group that was doing these heroics, you would not get the rewards again.

I have no problems with these quests being heroics, as the villainry involved and the structure of the missions does require more than one person, but if there is no incentive to do these quests repeatedly then the likelihood of getting a group is severely diminished. This, in turn, could cause players to leave these quests lying in their quest logs indefinitely.

I rarely see anyone asking for them. I got into a group once that tried the ones on Nar Shaddaa and I stayed up way later than I had intended that night (well into the next morning) just for it to crash and burn at the very end. (I guess some glitch was preventing one group member from clicking his/her console so we could never actually get the Shroud's shields down to deal any damage to him.) I have not had a chance yet to try to finish that one. I have not had a chance to try it on any different characters. And I have not had a chance to try the Ilum heroic at all yet.

It's been said multiple times before in many other topics like this one, but it would be really nice to have it so that these missions can be repeated and also to have them in group finder to make it easier to get into a group for them in the first place. (They'd fit in well enough, from what I saw. They pushed awfully hard against (if not crossed) the line between heroic mission and flashpoint with these.)

Funny thing is they are different enough that they feel special. I was PISSED when I solo'd the 1st part with my assassin (yeah a lot of deaths, but I did it) only to find out that I HAD to have 4 players to click locks at the same time in the next one. Basically I spent several HOURS in the solo missions leading me across the galaxy to dig/recon all the things and the end missions required 4 people?!? Great end missions, TERRIBLE design making people team up for the end when they all solo'd the LONG prerequisites for them.

This is just a theory, but I think the reason why someone that doesn't have the quest cannot interact with the console in question is because the console itself is part of the mission objective to circumvent the Shroud's lockdown, and because they are not on the mission and thus do not have the aforementioned objective, they cannot do anything with it. They can still hit switches if that is any consolation.

I would consider these heroics to be slightly above normal heroic standard and teetering on the edge of being considered flashpoints. They should have done it in the same way they did the Ilum quest chain with Malgus, a bunch of single player missions with two flashpoints at the end that players can acquire and complete over and over again with attached rewards. This not only helps new players, but also gives incentive for those that have done it to boost said new players through

I was not aware that similar threads were posted. I posted this in the somewhat vain hopes that BioWare sees it. These heroics are epic, but mired by poor decisions on how to implement them into the game. This is a passionate plea to BioWare to fix this, and if you do, can we get Hard Modes when the next level cap goes live?

I like the thought of the last heroics being flashpoints. I was trying for ages to get a group for them on my first character with no luck. In the end i gave up, they just sit in my quest log taking up space. I haven't even started them on my other chars, whats the point in doing em on others, when i can't even get a group to finish em on my first char.