recommend a class for me

Anizev

I'm just coming back to the game after a long absence and I'm at a bit of a loss... I've got a bunch of characters of different classes in their 10's/20's, but tbh, I don't really remember how to play any of them and I don't remember any of the storylines.

I think I'm just going to start over, but I can't decide what to roll. any suggestions on a fast leveler that's easy to pickup? typically in MMO's, I tend to play ranged dps or healers (my Warcraft main is a resto/elemental shaman)... I started messing around with a jedi consular, but he seemed awfully squishy to me.

I'm going to quote myself on the topic:

If you like healing, don't be afraid to go Commando. All you really need to know is that it's a healing-capable class with heavy armor.

Honestly, it's one of the best classes for soloing, second only to the Shadow IMO. You get a cheap, instant AoE heal at level 20, regardless of how you're specced. (The other healing classes don't get a proper AoE heal until level 45 and have to be fully specced into the healing tree.) You also get a stupidly hard-hitting AoE attack, Mortar Volley, at level 10, which is quickly joined by Pulse Cannon and if you spec Commando, Plasma Grenade and Hail of Bolts. You have good survivability, the best off-healing capabilities in the game as DPS, and the best off-DPS as a healer. In PvE, the Commando is probably the most versatile class.

• 1 month later...
Commando/Mercenary would be my suggestion. They are similar to a paladin in WoW when healing and similar to a lightning shaman when dpsing. The first companion you get is a healer which really helps while leveling solo as well.

I tend to play ranged dps or healers (my Warcraft main is a resto/elemental shaman)... I started messing around with a jedi consular, but he seemed awfully squishy to me.

I would suggest Scoundrel or IA mirror, where you can switch between DPS and a Healer extraordinaire via respecs depending on what you like more, in medium armor and experience the best stories/voicing/everything in the game. :)

Edited by DomiSotto

from my experience and from what other people have told me, sage/sorc is, imo, the easiest class to lvl has pretty good aoe, the bubble, self heal, off heals if you need it. (only leveled in dps spec and still found it to be far easier than anything else)

from my experience and from what other people have told me, sage/sorc is, imo, the easiest class to lvl has pretty good aoe, the bubble, self heal, off heals if you need it. (only leveled in dps spec and still found it to be far easier than anything else)
This! Sage/sorc are by far the smoothest to level with if we exclude the stealth classes and how they're able to stealth skip a lot of things.

This! Sage/sorc are by far the smoothest to level with if we exclude the stealth classes and how they're able to stealth skip a lot of things.

if you stealth with stealth classes it actually makes it harder on yourself (i.e. not getting dat xp and being underleveld because of it).

Even if you stealth past everything you can, skip most Heroics, don't do any flashpoints, space missions or PVP and are F2P status, you will still always be above level if you do all the quests and don't skip any bonus series (including Nar Shadaa, Alderaan and Hoth bonus).

Seriously, keeping up with level is not a problem at all unless you habitually skip half your quests.

That being said, if you really want to be ranged then I would not recommend the Op/Scoundrel, as most of their attacks are 4-10m range.

Edited by OniGanon