The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Twitch Stream Thursday 4/3/2014

CourtneyWoods

Hey everyone!

We will be doing our normal Thursday stream today. Designer Toby McCall will be joining us on The Shadowlands to play through the Czerka Core Meltdown Flashpoint. Stream starts at 1:30PM PT / 8:30PM GMT.

If you have any questions about the Czerka flashpoints or tactical flashpoints in general, go ahead and ask them in this thread so that we can have some of these questions prepared and ready to answer on the stream!

I'd like to watch this just to see the wipe at Enhanced Duneclaw. Hope your tank knows how to intercede :rak_01:

Edit : Just figured you are not talking about HM. Man, this is sad.

Edited by tanerb

Thanks for the heads up Courtney. I'll start us off! :D

1. For level 55 players is there any intention on reintroducing Hard Mode Flashpoints for future Tactical Flashpoints such as the new Forged alliances flashpoints?

Side note: The tactical flashpoints are great for both new players and old players just due to their increased speed and almost arcade feel, but the problem is that once you get even the most basic gear for end game characters this content is effectively cut off from things you can enjoy. I believe it important for flashpoints to have continued use in end game, but without hard mode this cannot happen. It feels more like a chore than anything.

2. Is there any hope of Nightmare Flashpoints being released for the next expansion or after especially considering the potential cross over use of the new Nightmare Power buff?

Side note: To continue off the above side note hard mode flashpoints are important to provide a larger variety of activities for those of us at end game, but even they have their limits. I believe it important to provide another tier of difficulty for flashpoints for those wishing to hone their skills and looking for a good challenge. Nightmare Power could be used on the current Hard Mode flashpoints and provide a wealth of content for end game players. Providing useful rewards outside of achievements though will be a challenge.

3. What inspired the birth of tactical flashpoints?

BONUS OFF TOPIC QUESTION!!!

4. Will we ever see a Red Reaper and Colicoid War Games Hard Mode?

Side note: These two flashpoints are oddities due to their high difficulty to solo(Red Reaper) and mini game quality(CWG).

Thanks for your time!

Edited by Rasen

If you have any questions about the Czerka flashpoints or tactical flashpoints in general, go ahead and ask them in this thread so that we can have some of these questions prepared and ready to answer on the stream!

Concerning tactical fps, more specifically the Kuat Driveyards, could you please explain why the credits that drop in the 55 tier is next to nothing. Shouldn't they be more on par with other 55 fps? I realize they are tactical, but when you purposefully skip the bonus series in there because it's a waste of time and you get next to nothing in credits for completing it don't you guys see that as something is wrong? Or perhaps something you could tweak? Is this intentional? Bug? Someone forget to add a 0 somewhere in the programming? LOL.

The Czerka one's do drop the appropriate amount credits so why not Kuat? Because now that I have all the achievements for Kuat and the speeder, I have absolutely no reason to go in there. I'm sure it's useful for lower level people, but they have their own tier which I imagine (just guessing here as I haven't played in that tier) drops the appropriate amount of credits.

Overall I enjoy the fp, and do on occasion play it if someone asks to, but there isn't really not much reason to go play them anymore. Thank you for your time and efforts.

Just thought of something. Concerning all tactical fp's currently in the game, was there a reason as to why there wasn't a bonus boss in any of them? (This is more specifically for the 55 tier). That would give me and I would suspect a lot of us (not all) a reason to do the bonus series in Kuat if it spawned a bonus boss.

EDIT - I just realized that the champs COULD be considered the bonus boss. Still would be cool to throw an actual bonus boss in there for completing the bonus series that drops.......something cool like a GSF add on like a different color blaster, engine reactant, or paint job. Even if it's just a guaranteed KDY token. And yes I know the named champs in there do drop a guaranteed KDY tokens.

And with the two new tactical fps coming in a few days, any chance we will run into a bonus boss? Do they have a bonus series? And more importantly do they drop credits appropriate to the 55 tier? I do know they drop some mounts and customization's and what not, (which is awesome) plus they have a wicked good story (or at least so I'm told), so I'm very looking forward them. Anyways, that is all for now. Thanks again for your time and efforts. It is appreciated.

Edited by Sithwallker

Are you currently looking into creating tactical versions of the classical Flashpoints, ie. The Foundry, Mandalorian Raiders, etc. or making the queue system first select players based on role and if that doesn't shorten queues then grabbing the first 4 players available?

Are tactical Operations now off the Wall of Crazy and in development? If not, why and what would it take, design-wise to make that happen?

How difficult was is to make the current system of tactical flashpoints, and what further enhancements would you like to make to these types of flashpoints that you were unable to implement on launch.

Very minor question, but would love an answer. The achievements put in game for KDY were awesome and they certainly made me play the FPS more often. Having said that, given the random nature of the boss selection, it was extremely frustrating to try and complete the high numbers required for those boss kills. Is there any thought being given to how achievement hunters can tackle these boss achievements in the future when we already have all the other achievements for the FPS?

Questions:

1. In Czerka tactical flashpoints, mobs/bosses drop Basic Comms. In 55 Kuat tactical flashpoints, the mobs and bosses only drop Planetary Comms, which you have outleveled, and the only Basic Comms come from the daily. Is this intended? Why not standardize the comms for all 55 tactical flashpoints to Basic so all are equally desirable (from a rewards point of view) to run?

2. The Czerka tacticals also have Hardmode versions, allowing players who are able to find balanced group compositions to take a higher level of challenge in exchange for higher rewards. Sadly, this option is not available for Kuat at all, leaving us pressured to roll new alts if we want Kuat rep (Kuat seldom pops at 55, at least on my server, due to the considerations of Question 1). Why not create a Hardmode version of Kuat (and future tacticals) to allow those players who want to invest a bit of time into finding "proper" groups to enjoy the tactical FP storylines while at the same time accepting a bit more challenge for better rewards?