The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Devs: Do speed bonuses from Thrusters/Interdiction/Tensor add or multiply with boost?

Nemarus

If I have Speed Thrusters (+10% speed), or I use Interdiction Drive (+60% speed) or I am affected by Tensor Field (+15% or +30% speed) ... and then I use boosters ... do those bonuses get folded into my base speed and then multiplied by 320% when I boost?

Or do they just get added flat to the 320%, and then that final total is what my base speed is multiplied with when I boost?

Or does boost set your speed at an absolute 320% of your base speed, ignoring (overriding) any other bonuses entirely?

Practical example:

I'm in a Bomber (base speed 636).

When I boost, my speed goes to 3.2 * 636 = 2035.2.

When I use Interdiction Drive (+60% speed), my speed goes to 1.6 * 636 = 1017.6.

When I use Interdiction Drive AND boost, does my speed go to...

3.2 * (1.6 * 636) = 3256.2

OR

(3.2 + 0.6) * 636 = 2416.8

OR

3.2 * 636 = 2035.2 (bonus from Interdiction Drive is overriden by boost)

Same scenarios when considering Speed Thrusters and Tensor Field.

Thanks for the info :)

Edited by Nemarus

I know that the bomber speed with interdiction drive active is faster, but the engine power loss to activate it gets you to the same point before you run out of power (albeit slightly faster than if you just boost) during a rush to the "b" satellite. That is with the 3 second extension to the duration at tier 3.

I know that the bomber speed with interdiction drive active is faster, but the engine power loss to activate it gets you to the same point before you run out of power (albeit slightly faster than if you just boost) during a rush to the "b" satellite. That is with the 3 second extension to the duration at tier 3.

I believe I've noticed this as well. That would seem to rule out that boosting overrides other speed bonuses. It doesn't indicate whether it stacks additively or multiplicatively though.

I believe I've noticed this as well. That would seem to rule out that boosting overrides other speed bonuses. It doesn't indicate whether it stacks additively or multiplicatively though.

Yeah, probably *could* test it, but my gut says +X% of the base speed, not multiplicative. (based on perceived speed increase)