Top 5 Crime Lords!

Wolfninjajedi

G0-T0's "empire" wasn't his own.

He rose up, great, but he honestly wasn't that special, we just focus on him more than the others because we have more Info.

What Maul did was unprecedented. :p

G0-T0 controlled a single cell, on a single world, and didn't even control most of that world's underworld assets. He wasn't uber wealthy (though was admittedly rich) and his influence was limited thanks to being a droid and having to use a fake persona.

Sel's right Maul was insane.

G0-T0 controlled a single cell, on a single world, and didn't even control most of that world's underworld assets. He wasn't uber wealthy (though was admittedly rich) and his influence was limited thanks to being a droid and having to use a fake persona.

I think G0-T0 is being a bit underestimated. But I'm obviously biased.

Keep in mind, G0-T0 was only alive for four years.

1. Power

G0-T0 was one of the most notable Exchange Cell leaders in the organization's history. He was able to remain untouchable while employing some of the galaxy's deadliest bounty hunters and mercenaries. He was also able to operate on a world in deep Hutt space, withstand Hutt competition, and even sabotage the Hutts business. On Nar Shaddaa. No other crime lord has been able to quell competition as effectively as G0-T0.

2. Wealth

G0-T0's bounty on Jedi was said to be enough to buy a planet. Seeing as G0-T0 was hoping for more than one Jedi to be brought in, this shows how wealthy he is, to hand away a bounty like that as if it's nothing. G0-T0 is also a master of economics, manipulating the economy on a galactic scale.

3. Influence

G0-T0's influence was far greater than Nar Shaddaa. His droid army spanned the galaxy, operating in secret. G0-T0's actions aided the Republic in rebuilding itself. His smuggling ring caused the deaths of destabilizing persons or organizations, developed unofficial profits for entire sectors, and strengthened Republic worlds that would otherwise be poor and ignored. G0-T0 was, quite possibly, the reason the Republic was able to survive during the aftermath of the Jedi Civil War.

4. Intellect

This shouldn't need to be discussed, but G0-T0 is by far the smartest crime lord ever. He disguised himself as a human to make himself virtually untouchable, devised a perfect system to ensure his base was always stealthed, and made clones of himself to avoid suspicion. G0-T0's ability to remain hidden speaks for his wisdom. However, he's also book-smart, calculating threats to the galactic economy and dealing with them. For example, his ability to sabotage the Hutts in order to prevent the Republic from making a deal with them was flawless.

5. Size

I will admit that G0-T0's empire was rather small in size. However, Nar Shaddaa is the networking hub of all things underworld, and the fact that G0-T0 was able to establish territory on the planet gives him outroads to many other places in the galactic underworld.

I'm not saying all this makes G0-T0 worthy of this list. Just that we shouldn't dismiss him out of hand.

Edited by Warren-Stride

I'm not saying all this makes G0-T0 worthy of this list. Just that we shouldn't dismiss him out of hand.

You make some excellent points Warren, nicely done and I certainly think G0-T0 was the smartest of all the competitors here and I did somewhat underestimate his wealth.

I think his influence is a still a bit weak as while he influenced the Republic, he didn't have contacts within the Republic as a result or even many criminal contacts outside Nar Shadda. However, I think he should certainly be considered alongside Maul and Aruk.

Edited by StarSquirrel

I guess Zann could be 3rd, there is a compelling case for him. Though tbh, the whole FoC thing while fun just seems rather odd, because the GE would really leave Zann unchecked and have him grow big enough to challenge the GE? That seems like a moronic thing for the GE to do, especially Palpatine and Vader, they aren't dumb****.

Unless this bit was after the Battle of Endor in which the GE was effectively crippled.

But any objections with switching Zann to 3rd?

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

I guess Zann could be 3rd, there is a compelling case for him. Though tbh, the whole FoC thing while fun just seems rather odd, because the GE would really leave Zann unchecked and have him grow big enough to challenge the GE? That seems like a moronic thing for the GE to do, especially Palpatine and Vader, they aren't dumb****.

Unless this bit was after the Battle of Endor in which the GE was effectively crippled.

But any objections with switching Zann to 3rd?

Nope.

And as to why the GE let him grow, my best explanation is that Yavin and Endor saw the Empire refocus onto the Rebellion as the major underworld threat especially after the top two (Jabba and Xizor) both lost their empires and Zann (a rival) naturally began to absorb them.

Imagine you're an Imperial and you've been tracking high profile criminal bosses for decades and your top two get whacked within a year of each other and a rebellion made up of smugglers, defectors, and god knows who else is blowing up the greatest weapons in the galaxy while fomenting revolt on your planets... Yeah they care about crime as far as it leads them to the Rebellion.

Not to mention he has Imperial contacts from his time as an officer etc.. He can avoid getting a reputation in the early days of his "business".

That left plenty of distracted Imperials, rebeling worlds, and unincorporated underworld factions for Tyber Zann to scoop up or avoid as needed. He then has free reign after Endor to expand and absorb by leaps and bounds taking from his rivals Jabba and Xizor's broken empires and incorporating their resources into his.

Ultimately he does get on the Empire's and Rebellion's hit list with the stunt on the Eclipse, eventually leaving it to prevent staying in the limelight (indicating smarts rare in a Crime Lord).

Edited by StarSquirrel