Just an idea (for newcomers)

Camelpockets

I know on most servers, there isn't more than one or two matches running throughout the day, then most likely picks up in the evening. At least, this is the case on Begeren Colony. I've seen a few myself rage quit matches because of getting farmed by just one ace, then going to rant on fleet to cry about getting destroyed multiple times by the ace because they don't have gear (even though skill is just as important as gear, but not the point I'm making here). To get newcomers at least continue queueing for GSF, maybe do something simple, such as allow each character to gain double Req for their first 10 (or any other number that seems appropriate) matches, after using their double Req for the ship(s) they were playing on. Again this is just a thought.

If anyone made a thread like this, I'm sorry. I'm too lazy to look through the pages to find threads similar to this one :)

Edited by Camelpockets

While I like the idea of getting new players into the game, that has never been how PvP was played. Ground game PvP - I got my rump handed to me over and over until I finally got full 63 year and could survive a bit (sorcs are so squishy).

Just pick up the dailies / weeklies and you'll be able to get to tier 1 everything in no time at all. The key is not to give up, not to baby the new players. The players who develop their skills are the ones who perform better than the unskilled pilot with many upgrades.

Also by learning how to fly an ungeared ship, you're preparing yourself to be a better pilot by the time you have Mastery, because if you can perform without gear, you're dramatically going to increase performance when that gear shows up.

The matchmaking is definitely an issue (I HATE flying against new people in my GS for the sole fact that I enjoy flying, not clicking at beginners and killing them) hence why I'm flying my blackbolt and my quell more.

Edited by SammyGStatus

While I like the idea of getting new players into the game, that has never been how PvP was played. Ground game PvP - I got my rump handed to me over and over until I finally got full 63 year and could survive a bit (sorcs are so squishy).

Just pick up the dailies / weeklies and you'll be able to get to tier 1 everything in no time at all. The key is not to give up, not to baby the new players. The players who develop their skills are the ones who perform better than the unskilled pilot with many upgrades.

Also by learning how to fly an ungeared ship, you're preparing yourself to be a better pilot by the time you have Mastery, because if you can perform without gear, you're dramatically going to increase performance when that gear shows up.

The matchmaking is definitely an issue (I HATE flying against new people in my GS for the sole fact that I enjoy flying, not clicking at beginners and killing them) hence why I'm flying my blackbolt and my quell more.

Though I do agree what your saying, I've just seen so many forums and just people in general complaining about the gear, I just figured I'd try to brainstorm ways to give newcomers a little extra boost in GSF. Of course skill is just as important as the gear, if not more so, but at least this way the pilots can maybe "feel" like they have a better chance against others.

I know on most servers, there isn't more than one or two matches running throughout the day, then most likely picks up in the evening. At least, this is the case on Begeren Colony. I've seen a few myself rage quit matches because of getting farmed by just one ace, then going to rant on fleet to cry about getting destroyed multiple times by the ace because they don't have gear (even though skill is just as important as gear, but not the point I'm making here). To get newcomers at least continue queueing for GSF, maybe do something simple, such as allow each character to gain double Req for their first 10 (or any other number that seems appropriate) matches, after using their double Req for the ship(s) they were playing on. Again this is just a thought.

If anyone made a thread like this, I'm sorry. I'm too lazy to look through the pages to find threads similar to this one :)

I get it GSF is harsh on the new players, ironically it's a lack of new players that makes life hard for them, the matchmaking does technically work however it must balance player experience vs que times. Therefor more novice in Que the better the matches will be for said novices.

To the point of your assumption of ques, your server does not in fact represent all servers. I'm on Jedi Covenant and we have multiple matches at the same time for most of the day so you will not see too much Ace farming going on match after match. Also our Aces and Elites have toned down their quing as they have reached the point of diminishing returns. Their ships are upgraded and their Battle records are averages that change more slowly now that their sample size is so large.

While there are still many Veteran and Crack players who will stomp them less then gentally it is actually a very good time for Novices to que on my server, and will not be so at 2.7 release as the aces will have new ships to grind.

Edited by mr_sim

The simplest solution is to eliminate groups from queuing as groups and parcel people out in groups of no more than six or eight. I can't even estimate how many people the groups that sit on servers all day destroying large teams that are overwhelmingly composed of noobs do.

The other day I saw that a team was largely composed of noobs so I parked my ship above what was their active spawn point. They couldn't kill me. Wasn't moving, was just there. A team filled with such players has lost before it even launches and those players obviously have zero incentive or opportunity to get better.

The simplest solution is to eliminate groups from queuing as groups and parcel people out in groups of no more than six or eight. I can't even estimate how many people the groups that sit on servers all day destroying large teams that are overwhelmingly composed of noobs do.

The other day I saw that a team was largely composed of noobs so I parked my ship above what was their active spawn point. They couldn't kill me. Wasn't moving, was just there. A team filled with such players has lost before it even launches and those players obviously have zero incentive or opportunity to get better.

Eliminating groups wouldn't help much -- a single ace can farm half their team's required kills against newbies. They might get a few kills, but the ace will still fly circles around them.

Edited by Vid-szhite

Eliminating groups wouldn't help much -- a single ace can farm half their team's required kills against newbies. They might get a few kills, but the ace will still fly circles around them.

But they will be able to fly. Having 1 person against a swarm is one thing having a swarm kill people as they spawn is quite another.