The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The Official Galactic Starfighter Suggestion Thread

Based on the success of the armor and weapons threads, I've decided to open up another thread for posting suggestions on new Galactic Starfighter items. This doesn't apply to just Cartel Market items, although I feel that it's best suited here due to it including cosmetics.

Things that could be suggested can include blaster gas canisters, engine reactants, paint patterns, paint modules, or even new starfighters or starfighter weapons.

To start off with, here are some of the things that I'd like to see be added:

• Cross-faction blaster gas canisters and engine reactants for every available color. These should all be available to both factions, like with color crystals which were made unrestricted a while back.
  • Yellow/Black, Blue/Black, Red/Black, etc. paint color modules.
  • Purple/Yellow paint color module.
  • Plasma Blaster weapon. Could be considered a scaled-down version of the plasma railgun, for use as a blaster cannon. Would likely have lower firing rate but higher damage per shot than other blaster/laser cannons. May be more effective against hull than shields.
  • Seeker Missile weapon. Similar to the Rocket Pod weapon in that it doesn't require a lock to fire, but designed for use against mobile enemies instead of stationary targets. Lock can still be shaken, and may have lower damage output to compensate for automatic lock-on of enemies within range.
  • I also personally dare the team at BioWare to make a starfighter that IS a droid, with a unique co-pilot and articulation points. (Although these couldn't be animated yet due to tech limitations, which I can tolerate.) I double dare you guys to not only do it but come up with a story reason for it to exist. (Such as being designed by an enigmatic Republic entrepreneur.)

From my own list.

Galactic Starfighter Cartel Market options.

Republic Blaster Bolts:

Cyan

White

Mint Green

Purple

Yellow-Blue

Pink-Purple

Copper

Republic Gas Exhaust:

Cyan

White

Mint Green

Purple

Yellow-Blue

Pink-Purple

Copper

Empire Blaster Bolts:

Purple

Black-Purple

White-Black

Blood Red(even though it should be named differently)

Pink-Purple

Copper

Empire Gas Exhaust:

White

Black-Purple

White-Black

Blood Red

Pink Purple

Copper

Paint Jobs Empire and Republic

Black-Black

White-White

Black-Medium Yellow (PRE ORDER VENDOR ONLY Go with the flow)

Black-Deep Blue

Black-Deep Red

White-Deep Blue

White-Deep Red

White-Deep Green

White-Medium Yellow

Paint Decal's

Add your class symbol (either consular, sage, shadow etc etc.) As paintjobs to all ship variants.

Definitely agree on the colors, (especially the non black canister/reactant ones, but that's just my taste), but I'm very curious about the idea for decals.

If that's possible with the tech the game has, I'm all for it! Especially if you can display more than just class symbols. For example, imagine displaying a guild insignia on your ship, or even the insignia from a reputation (so long as your reputation level is high enough with them).

Edited by Nichos_Ketra

well I'd like them to add GSF CM items to collections.

Personally I prefer keeping blaster gas canisters faction specific. It really helps knowing whether the blaster shots wizzing past your head are incoming fire from an enemy on your six or a wingman trying to help kill your target.

Aside from that I'd like more striker model variants. Especially ones that keep that starfighter like design of the Republic fighters. The existing CM ones are neat, but they're a bit bulky for my tastes.

well I'd like them to add GSF CM items to collections.

Personally I prefer keeping blaster gas canisters faction specific. It really helps knowing whether the blaster shots wizzing past your head are incoming fire from an enemy on your six or a wingman trying to help kill your target.

Aside from that I'd like more striker model variants. Especially ones that keep that starfighter like design of the Republic fighters. The existing CM ones are neat, but they're a bit bulky for my tastes.

I'm surprised I missed that one, considering how much it bothers me that Galactic Starfighter unlocks are the only ones not accessible in Collections. I even made a post about it before.

And as for the gas canisters and engine reactants, the main thing I'd really like is a wider variety that doesn't mainly consist of black-combo colors. Regular colors please. There are tons of them in existence they could use. (Same goes for color crystals. Disappointed that they stopped adding those.)

• 1 month later...
[*]Cross-faction blaster gas canisters and engine reactants for every available color. These should all be available to both factions, like with color crystals which were made unrestricted a while back.

Absolutely not. I'm a huge fan of the colors being able to be distinguished by faction, and the few that cross that border make me sad as it is. The blasters should be a line in the sand. They dorked up the lightsaber crystals super hard, hopefully they don't listen to all the noncanon whiners until they cave and make green TIE fighter lasers on the flashfires. Gimme a break!