The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Costume overlay idea

sethdil

Bioware and EA has expended much time and resources in creating a wide assortment of costumes for characters to wear, almost to the point of this being a clothing simulator.

So, In honor of that, I suggest a modification that would install an extra slot in the character model that is flagged as override. When you put a piece of armor in that override slot the VISUAL ONLY of that armor will replace the current armor visual your character is currently wearing while keeping all the stats of the original armor in place.

This idea would allow players to have the fun of costumes. Imagine Hoth, you would wear your skimpy armor on hoth or a snow suit. While some will argue this would minimize the reason to do dailies, flashpoints, operations, ect. Those reasons are moot at best because with a few dailies you can amass enough wealth to swap out the mods at will.

In addition this could be a perk used to generate additional sales it could be flagged as a legend unlock where the requirements could generate revenue, subscriptions or playtime by players (tens of thousands of cartel coins, A subscription perk that is only available as long as you have an active sub, a number of achivements needing to be surpassed to unlock this perk.)

• 1 year later...

I love this idea, and now that it has been implemented, I just wanted to say Thank You!

I have a few outfits that I use and it is awesome to overlay my augmented armor with something from the GTN or other vendors so I don't have to spend a billion more to augment the new stuff.

KUDOS to you my man!