The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Who would you choose to play Mara Jade?

Slowpokeking

The problem is, if we're talking VII here, Mara would need to be Luke's age, at least 50-60. So the girl from G.I. Joe wouldn't work. She's too young.

Hadn't thought about that....although to be honest I expect in order to "give them the proper send off" J.J. wants, they'll only been seen as older in a few scenes. The rest of the time will be body doubles & Hollywood's magic. (Think skinny Steve Rodgers from capt America meets Arnold Schwarzenegger from Terminator salvation)

But for an older actress......I dunno....Demi Moore maybe lol

Force users can use force technique to make them look younger if they want.

Yeah, but would it be believable in a film for 60-year-old Mark Hamill to be playing an aged Luke Skywalker who looks aged, while his wife is a 30-something-year-old actress who also happens to look like a 30-year-old Mara Jade? For the knowledgeable Star Wars fan, maybe, but for many average fans watching these movies without knowledge of the EU, it would probably seem silly.

Yeah, but would it be believable in a film for 60-year-old Mark Hamill to be playing an aged Luke Skywalker who looks aged, while his wife is a 30-something-year-old actress who also happens to look like a 30-year-old Mara Jade? For the knowledgeable Star Wars fan, maybe, but for many average fans watching these movies without knowledge of the EU, it would probably seem silly.

It's easy to explain(with Palpatine's example), and they could use makeup to show her "real face" for a few moment, piece of cake. It's also possible to make Mark look younger in the movie, like 45-50 or something.

Edited by Slowpokeking

It's easy to explain(with Palpatine's example), and they could use makeup to show her "real face" for a few moment, piece of cake. It's also possible to make Mark look younger in the movie, like 45-50 or something.

Yeah, it would be nice. Not expecting it though. And you'd also have to explain why Luke chooses to look like he's 45-50, while his wife chooses to look 30. It seems a bit vain, not typical of a Jedi.

Yeah, it would be nice. Not expecting it though. And you'd also have to explain why Luke chooses to look like he's 45-50, while his wife chooses to look 30. It seems a bit vain, not typical of a Jedi.

Jedi women don't wear makeup? :eek:

I remember the EU material stated both Mara and Leia looked younger than their real age.

I remember the EU material stated both Mara and Leia looked younger than their real age.

Very true but that may just be because they didn't want to age them. Even Luke looks remarkably young for his age even at 64. Likely they don't age them because they want the characters on the cover to be instantly recognizable as Luke, Han, and Leia, not as old people who might be future versions of them. But when the movies come around, that won't be a problem so they can look their age.

Very true but that may just be because they didn't want to age them. Even Luke looks remarkably young for his age even at 64. Likely they don't age them because they want the characters on the cover to be instantly recognizable as Luke, Han, and Leia, not as old people who might be future versions of them. But when the movies come around, that won't be a problem so they can look their age.

It didn't matter too much. Why every female Jedi have to forget about beauty? I mean they are still women.

Edited by Slowpokeking

There are some problems. Disney has no respect for Star Wars lore, especially anything from Dark Horse. Hopefully they will find reason and realize they have very little control over what is true canon as Star Wars really does belong to the fans, and we never needed 4 billion to own it and never will ... maybe a subscription fee here and there.

Anyways I nominate Sigourney Weaver to play Mara Jade in the new Star Wars movies. She deserves that role. Sad that Disney bought Star Wars, because a separate movie of a younger Mara Jade would be awesome. In that case, I nominate Olivia Munn. She could do that role very well, also Jenna Coleman who played Clara Oswald in the last season of Dr Who. A movie with a younger Mara Jade would have to play her as an antishero never once showing Luke, until maybe the very, very end - as her target. This would make for a great prequel to the new Star Wars trilogy, along with a movie about Boba Fett and Grand Admiral Thrawn.

In all honesty, if JJ and Robert Iger don't put Mara Jade in the new movies, I am going to drop this game all together and play World of Warcraft and Pokeman.

Edited by HiddenPalm

There are some problems. Disney has no respect for Star Wars lore, especially anything from Dark Horse. Hopefully they will find reason and realize they have very little control over what is true canon as Star Wars really does belong to the fans, and we never needed 4 billion to own it and never will ... maybe a subscription fee here and there.

"Especially" anything from Dark Horse? How do you compute that?