The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Hear ye & gather round - I've found an actual *rotation* for Tactics

Cotlu-Hunlon

Pedantic I may seem here but at no point in my OP did I ever say mine was the best DPS. No one brings a Tactic Vanguards into any serious raid content anyway (except maybe Bestia etc). This is a quality of life improvement for me and hopefully for anyone else reading this who wants to give Tactics a go. Also 3-5% is not much considering that your 30sec can be messed up very very easily and lead to not using Gut / PC / FP / HIB on their cooldowns.

This one will *always* use those 4 highest damaging abilities on CD at the expense of SS. And most importantly, like I said before, you will never have to look at your quickbars with this one.

Id like to comment on the second sentence here...

World First Nightmare Brontes had an AP Powertech(aka Tactics Vanguard) :p

Anyway I find it funny how you are still arguing over squeezing ion pulses in when I provided a rotation for Tactics that is resource neutral, 100% uptime on Gut/HiB/Fire Pulse/Pulse Cannon and 90% uptime on stockstrike (up from 60%) all because '15 seconds seems nicer than 30 seconds'. Its not optimal though cause there are a few times when you have full energy and use a free ability though.

Especially since stockstrike gets so many buffs in the tree (Free with battering ram, +8% damage with heavy stock, +6% crit chance with power loaders, +30% surge with havoc training, and causes the next HiB to auto-crit. And the PvP set bonus giving +15% crit chance.)

I've really had enough of this thread now. As I said in my first post this is to help all players, including myself, who were finding Tactics overwhelming and hectic and hadn't found a structure to it yet. This rotation functions well and is easy to remember though is not 100% optimal. Simple as that and I have not pretended anything otherwise.

I understand when you put something up on the internet you invite everyone to come and try to play Whack-a-Mole with your ideas, and that humans focus more of the negative voices but it's getting tiresome being picked apart like this and on a few cases by people who didn't even read my post

Solid work though on working out a easy-to-remember rotation.

Focusing on the praise, thankyou Drummer :)

I'm not going to reply to anything else here, every point it seems has been made and I'm sorta happy that the thread provided a good amount of talking in VG forum which is normally barren. Every little detail that I was too lazy to write into the OP at the time such as when to use Reserve Powercell and Vent Heat has been pointed out, when really I trusted that people would show enough independence and free thinking to know when to use them themselves without spoon-feeding every little detail for every situation.

Sorry for what seems like a meltdown but is more just exasperation ;)