The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Looking for a "pretend" rifle for my Powertech

Khevar

So far as I know, it's been confirmed that blaster rifles aren't going to be possible for Powertechs (probably requires too much work in animation, el. al.)

Anyway. Seeing as how large the Bounty Contract pistol was, and it got me wondering what other options there might be for a weapon, usable by a PT, that was "rifle-like". Or at least, "not blaster-like".

Any PTs out there with unusual "blaster pistol" models that are pretty different from the norm? If so, which ones?

Edited by Khevar

I'm pretty sure there is a carbine style pistol coming in 2.7 from the Tython/Korriban reputation vendor

That would be cool. I saw the Tattered Mystic and Ritualist stuff. Do you know if there is a different vendor on the PTS that has weapons for preview?

Edited by Khevar

Ooops my bad, I had done a long browsing session on Dulfy and got my memories mixed up. This is what I meant to show you and it is already in the game: http://dulfy.net/2013/06/28/swtor-bounty-broker-association-reputation-rewards/#5 (scroll down a bit to the pistol)

Start grinding those bounties ;)

:)

Yep, I'm working on getting rep for that one. Does anyone know of any other "non-pistol" pistol models in the game?

Ooops my bad, I had done a long browsing session on Dulfy and got my memories mixed up. This is what I meant to show you and it is already in the game: http://dulfy.net/2013/06/28/swtor-bounty-broker-association-reputation-rewards/#5 (scroll down a bit to the pistol)

Start grinding those bounties ;)

My friend showed me that pistol model last night (I had no idea it existed as a blaster pistol), and I'm using the rifle version on Vanguard. I now have a reason to start doing the bounty missions.

• 3 weeks later...

There are two great examples of the Boba Fettt style carbine on fleet. One is in the VIP section and the other is on the bridge of the Zioist Shadow.

Wouldn't it be cool for a future skill to either allow a mandalorian Dark Saber (as seen in Clone Wars) held with a pistol or the alternative skill of allowing for a carbine rifle.

There are two great examples of the Boba Fettt style carbine on fleet. One is in the VIP section and the other is on the bridge of the Zioist Shadow.

Wouldn't it be cool for a future skill to either allow a mandalorian Dark Saber (as seen in Clone Wars) held with a pistol or the alternative skill of allowing for a carbine rifle.

I know the exact npc you are talking about. http://i746.photobucket.com/albums/xx105/calebwilson80/RandomBountyHunter_zps779c5264.jpg

I have wanted his armor and rifle for a while but unfortunately we can't use rifles and even if we could there is no orange version of that blaster or his armor (besides the helmet) anywhere.