The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Cartel GSF ship weapon UI icons - Please hotfix.

This is most noticeable on the Mailoc/Redeemer Gunship purchasable through the cartel market.

BW decided for, one reason or another presumably, to make the models for these ships static and therefore not change dependent on what weapons you equip them with.

What seems to be (I hope) an unintentional consequence of this is that the UI icons that represent the weapon systems on your HUD are also static and do not change when swapping weapons. This means that when flying the Cartel Gunship you literally have NO IDEA what weapon you are firing (Slug/Ion/Plasma) until you release and can view/hear the consequences.

All that needs to change here is a UI hotfix that applies the default icons that symbolise the Plasma/Slug/Ion cannons to apply to these ships.

Its kind of a big deal as in the middle of a match you cannot be expected to remember the exact number of times you have swapped weapons to deduce what you may be firing.

I am almost considering dropping my Redeemer and re leveling the less visually appealing Quarrel as a result of this. Its surely not intentional, so can we please fix this ASAP.