Vengeance Animation for Impale.

Decimattor

Hello everyone. I am a HUGE advocate to the jedi guardian spec of vigilance, so I started a sith juggernaut to see if I liked the gameplay just as much. So I finally get to level 30 and I couldn't wait for the "awesome" animation on impale. But I was very much dissapointed. The animation on impale is LITERALLY just a 1 handed version of ruture, while your other hand stays at your side, not to mention the sound is puny. So anywho, the purpose of this thread is to suggest a new animations for impale. The animation I thought would be awesome is to make it more like annihilate from the marauder skill tree annihilation. This is how the annimation would play out: You start by doing the whole summersault in the air thing but for the actual strike, in stead of holding the lightsaber with just 1 hand, you would grab it with both of them and and follow through when you land by letting go with your left hand and swinging the lightsaber(still in backhand grip) past your right leg while mimmicking the action with your left hand that has no lightsaber in it.

I know there are people out there who are fine with the animation on impale just the way it is, but I know we all can agree that it can be improved. DEV TEAM: READ THIS THREAD AND PLEASE TAKE IT INTO ACCOUNT!!!!

These are "Impale"

(Take the one you want, both moves are credible as "Impale")

But please not another vertical reversed-blade move. Annihilate is already awful because of that and I'd pay to have my Annihilate and Rupture changed from my Marauder.

In addition, when you impale someone, one would think you'd do it through the largest available surface, meaning through the belly, or back... no let's do it vertically and let's try to aim for the head or the shoulder... Seriously.

These are "Impale"

(Take the one you want, both moves are credible as "Impale")

But please not another vertical reversed-blade move. Annihilate is already awful because of that and I'd pay to have my Annihilate and Rupture changed from my Marauder.

In addition, when you impale someone, one would think you'd do it through the largest available surface, meaning through the belly, or back... no let's do it vertically and let's try to aim for the head or the shoulder... Seriously.

In early videos (pre beta maybe even pre alpha) I remember impale looked like the second tick of master strike, you turned around and stabbed the target behind you.

Edited by GrandLordMenace

I wanna know why the hell Shien form has a bunch of jumping around and Ataru form does not.

On a side note, making our jumps like up to 4m leaps would make it a bit harder to kite us, would be interesting to see how that impacted our gameplay.

I wanna know why the hell Shien form has a bunch of jumping around and Ataru form does not.

On a side note, making our jumps like up to 4m leaps would make it a bit harder to kite us, would be interesting to see how that impacted our gameplay.

It would destroy PVE dps for all warriors. We already have problems leaping from 30m and getting stuck 15m behind a moving boss. Doing it for 3 or more moves would be ridiculous.

Though I also have wondered why Ataru has no acrobatic skills. If anything, Anni should use Ataru (Rupture is a key ability) and Carnage should get Juyo (the most agressive form). I personally love Shatter's animation and wouldn't want to change that. Malgus looks like a BAMF when he does it in the trailers, but I wouldn't be against Impale being changed. Master strike has a sweet animation, and Ravage is just a spin move with a Vicious Slash (lame). Also, while we're on the topic of terrible animations, Battering Assault and Marauder's Assault makes me want to vomit every time I use it on my mara.

Edited by drummerinthesun

In early videos (pre beta maybe even pre alpha) I remember impale looked like the second tick of master strike, you turned around and stabbed the target behind you.

I remember that demonstration. It was at a convention, I think. It was featuring Black Talon done with a Marauder and a Bounty Hunter.

At that time Flame Thrower completely CCed the bosses (trying to protect themselves from the flames instead of fighting. I also remember that the Marauder looted his second lightsaber from the Jedi boss.

And yeah, their Impale looked like the second hit of Master Strike. They were so proud of that... Well I think it was meh with that animation. I don't mind it during Master Strike since you don't use it that often and blends in the flow, but as a stand-alone it was meh.

EDIT : I found it again

(at 19:20 -among other moments- there's the old Impale) Edited by Altheran

It's cute that you think there's a chance in hell they'd spend time on something like changing an animation. The handful of developers who survived through all the layoffs have been focused primarily on recoloring items to make new cartel packs.

I find the animation to be pretty crappy myself, but I'll still take it over the JK's various, "First I turn my back to you, then I make contact to you with my butt, then I blindly try to jab my lightsaber(s) back and hope I stab you," stuff.

I find the animation to be pretty crappy myself, but I'll still take it over the JK's various, "First I turn my back to you, then I make contact to you with my butt, then I blindly try to jab my lightsaber(s) back and hope I stab you," stuff.

^One of the main reasons why Masterstrike on my Sentinel pisses me off. Any able swordsman would kill the crap out of you as soon as you turn their back to them.

• 2 weeks later...
^One of the main reasons why Masterstrike on my Sentinel pisses me off. Any able swordsman would kill the crap out of you as soon as you turn their back to them.

Well, the same could be said for Ravage, but back to Impale.

Impale > Overhead Slash for me. Impale just looks cool, though if anything i think that the second tick of Master Strike's animation OR the animation for Jaesa's Run Through ability would be cool for Impale's animation, and Shatter should look like the Guardian's Sundering Strike. Plasma Brand should look like Jaesa/Kira's Run Through animation, and Overhead Slash should remain the same.

• 2 weeks later...

They would because you don't know what happens in your back.

But they're Jedi, they know what happens in their back.

Well, the same could be said for Ravage, but back to Impale.

Impale > Overhead Slash for me. Impale just looks cool, though if anything i think that the second tick of Master Strike's animation OR the animation for Jaesa's Run Through ability would be cool for Impale's animation, and Shatter should look like the Guardian's Sundering Strike. Plasma Brand should look like Jaesa/Kira's Run Through animation, and Overhead Slash should remain the same.

In my opinion there's nothing to change in Guardian side.

However, on Juggernaut side, both Impale and Shatter could be improved.

I have already voiced my opinion about Impale in earlier posts, but for Shatter I think it should NOT look like Sundering Strike... it would not fit the brutal style of the Juggernaut, as Sundering Strike is a strong yet swift and elegant move.

The move here (as the view closes-in) would be a much more befitting move.