The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Double XP Cartel Market

Hedge

It's been mentioned before, in different approaches.

I'm trying to get a maximum forum community feedback on this thread since I still feel it would be one of the major welcomed cartel items regarding character progress.

I aim mostly at people with multiple charq, people that by now know most class stories, planetary quests, etc..... people that want to progress their next character in a faster way without having to go trough everything again.

*** Double XP weekends are great but not that common in quantity.

*** Not everyone can take a maximum profit from this "weekend" event.

*** Some can be online all weekend but most (let's face it) will be only able to enjoy it a few hours.

So basicly..... you're not able to get the max out of it ??? Bad luck and hopefully better chance next time....

Suggestion : BOOSTER Double XP all sources (except GSF similar to the 2XP¨weekends)

1- Double XP boost 3 hours (played time) let's say 300 CC

2- Double XP boost 6 hours (played time) let's say 500 CC

3- Double XP boost 12 hours (played time) let's say 800 CC

4- Double XP boost 24 hours (played time) let's say 1000 CC

The prices here are ofcourse higher then the "Major Experience boosts" but I still believe they would be more then acceptable regarding the offered boost.

As stated before this demand has been done in many forms but I just hope to reach some results with this post.

Prices are ofcourse an indication but I suppose they could be rather concidered as more or less ok and affordable.

Kind regards

Edited by Hedge

I would buy at those prices. I have 14 characters. I think its safe to say I won't be losing out on -anything- if I decide I want to avoid the planetary quests for number 15... (seriously I generally skip alderaan aside from the class stuff anyhow since the planet is so large and laggy)

Exactly, I have 14 chars myself and not all of them lvl 55.

When you make that new char I suppose you would be tempted anyway to lvl it fully in a double XP environment.

Besides all this I'm frankly persuaded that it would be used by quite some players.

Once you've leveled half a dozen characters to 55 you really do get tired of it. I'd like to have one of every advanced class honestly but the grind is just too much. With double-XP I can basically do some PvP and class quests with the odd flashpoint here and there and level in a comfortable way.

I would definitely pay for this as either a booster as suggested or a character perk.

/notsigned

Give an Inch: They make this suggestion possible.

Take a Mile: These same people will soon be begging for an instant-55 purchase.

Why not just cut to the chase and have a "YOU WIN" button so when you launch SWTOR you just get a popup that says "YOU WIN" and tells you to go outside before shutting down?

Edited by PetFish

To the above poster, they already have purchaseable 25% boosts, if it makes you happy maybe they could add a You must be "x" legacy level to access this feature. Myself and many others have done every class, and would like to make more, but when you have seen each planet each side at least 4 times already, it kinda makes you dread making another one when you know you will have to slog through peon # 456s "go pick up my mail/diary/colostomy bag for me that I forgot to grab when the bandits attacked my house" quest for the 5th time. (Per side) Edited by XiamaraSimi

I already know what it's like as I've done 15/16 classes with 12 at 55.

We already have:

• Rested XP (which is already double)
  • 25% Boosts (which, sadly, stack with 2x weekends)
  • Guild XP Bonus (up to 10%)
  • Group XP Bonus (dunno the actual numbers)

What more could you want besides instant-55? There have been posts regarding how insanely fast it is to level in this game and, like I said, now people just want moremoremoremoremore...

@PetFish

What would it mean to you if people would have the double XP boost or a instant "beam me to 55" token?

It would not affect you at all, so its none of your business.

There may be a lot of valid reasons for those features, like replacing a member of an OPS team fast.

Anyway care about your game and others will care about what they do.

I don't buy a lot from the CM. But I would definitely buy a 24hr Double XP item for $10 assuming that it you could then stack your normal XP boost on top of it to make it just like the Double XP weekends.

I think there is something inherently wrong with the instant lvl up stuff, but just being able to level faster still takes you through the progression of the job and the addition of the abilities. I'm okay with that.

@PetFish

What would it mean to you if people would have the double XP boost or a instant "beam me to 55" token?

It would not affect you at all, so its none of your business.

Actually, it *is* my business, cuz people will be 55 and not really know how to play their class, so they do end-game PvE and PvP and suck at it, and here's why and how it affects me:

• New SWTOR/MMO Player: Gets to Level 55 in 3 days and has no idea how to play their class or how to play in operations or flashpoints and is terrible at PvP.
    This affects me by having trash players in my PUG group.

• Veteran SWTOR/MMO Player: Gets to Level 55 in 3 days and knows the basics of their class since they've been playing for a while and have mastered a previous character but not experienced with the new one since so much content was skipped. They'll have a good idea about how to perform in operations and stuff though, but still doesn't *really* know how to use their abilities.
    This affects me by having semi-trash players in my PUG group.

Don't say "then get into a guild and stop pugging" cuz we all PUG, and we probably PUG more than we actually play with our Guild since everyone has different schedules and being able to just do everything with your Guild any time is the exception and not the rule.

The only way I'd support adding even *more* accelerated leveling options or an instant-55 ability would be if someone was, for example, already a 55 Scoundrel Male and wanted a 55 Scoundrel Female cuz that player already knows how to play but since you can already change how your character looks (except gender) what would be the point?

And still using this 55 Scoundrel example, and you wanted a 55 Gunslinger, that's a definite "no" cuz you haven't learned how to play that class cuz you skipped so much stuff.

TL;DR - Accelerated leveling affects me cuz people are trying to do PvP and end-game stuff and sucking hard at it cuz they haven't learned how to play their class by actually playing. There's enough accelerated leveling going on at this very moment and these players are already showing up at level 55 and not knowing what to do.

/notsigned

Give an Inch: They make this suggestion possible.

Take a Mile: These same people will soon be begging for an instant-55 purchase.

Why not just cut to the chase and have a "YOU WIN" button so when you launch SWTOR you just get a popup that says "YOU WIN" and tells you to go outside before shutting down?

I have to agree and down vote this as well, It pains me since I have an alt that I know how to play but was far to cheap to use cartel coins to transfer since I transferred so many characters already to my new server and would love to just get that toon up to power quick.

That said I agree because I am 1. Not a fan of pay to win 2. accelerated leveling leaves players way under-geared and WAY UNDER-SKILLED and unable to play their class(you mentioned this in a later post and I agree)

How is using a double xp buff different than waiting till a double xp weekend to level that same toon?

And the "they won't know how to play" card doesn't work with a buff. The insta-max level consumable should never be allowed, and I agree someone that hits max level on day 1 will likely not know there class. Someone using a double xp buff is still having to play through all of the content whether that takes a week with the xp buffs that are already in the game or one that gives a higher percentage.

Because at the end of the day that's what we are talking about. The xp buffs are already in the game. The debate at this point isn't about whether or not they should be in the game but how much bonus xp they should give. The difference between a 10% bonus and a 50% bonus is not going to suddenly change how I learn how to play my class. Players really learn their class at 55 in PvP and that will never change. Anyone can fake their way through an Op no matter how long they have played that class.

@PetFish

OK, i see your point now. You are concerned of the skill level of players you may group with. And yes that will indeed affect your game and how much you can enjoy it. So i step back from my previous "none of your business" statement.:)

I am not much of an PVP player, so i can not say anything here, but i assume that learning PVP may require to also do a lot of lowbie PVP to "perform" at end game.

For PVE however, i do not think that leveling through the class and planet story lines alone prepares a player enough for endgame content (especially OPS). One can bring a toon to 55 and still lack an optimized rotation, skill tree and what not. Many at 55 do not know how to use their CD or interrupts effectively. The leveling process does not teach this enough. The most challenging opponents during the leveling phase (chapter bosses) just teach to interrupt their slow channeled abilities. So the speed of leveling IMO is no real indication on how well a player will know to play his class.

I do use GF for FP a lot, so yes there are PUG who play very well and steamroll through the FP without me doing much except trying to catch up. And there are others with clueless players running in all directions like headless chicken and pull mob groups left and right and wipe on those. BUT are the clueless ones due to fast leveling, or are bads just bad? (i don't know).

For OPS however my game experience seems to differ at lot from yours. I have NEVER done an OPS in a PUG, never.

I am in a large guild and we have 4 OPS teams on mumble running every other day, from SM to NIM (depending on players skills, gear lvl etc). So when ever i feel the need to run an OPS i can do so easily.

We teach new players everything to become part of an OPS team, from optimizing gear, rotation (checking their parses, giving recommendations on key binding). We carry them through their first SM runs, showing what to do, what to avoid, the boss mechanics,where to position themselves and all the other stuff. Making them comfortable with the encounter. So we do not expect them to play well just because they are 55, because most 55 are not ready.

So again here a faster leveling process would not concern me, it can be rectified later.

Well, my "beam me to 55" token was more a teaser then something i really think useful in this game.

But the idea came from a need we had in the guild a couple of month ago, when our main tank had to go to hospital for a while and we had to replace him real fast or to cancel half of our runs. Of course this replacement knew how to play a tank very well (mirror class from our imp side) and all the mechanics of the OPS.

Otherwise I do not see the need to instant level a new player at all.

Anyhow i hope this long text explains a bit on how i see the whole "fast leveling" double XP issue.

That said I agree because I am

1. Not a fan of pay to win

2. accelerated leveling leaves players way under-geared and WAY UNDER-SKILLED and unable to play their class(you mentioned this in a later post and I agree)

i really don't get what you are talking about

1.) you can not win in this game, and sure not by leveling faster

2.) way under geared by fast leveling? are you kidding? highest gear from leveling is the oricon stuff, which is a dime for a dozen on gtn. it doesn't matter at all. You can start doing SM OPS in this gear with no problems.

WAY UNDER SKILLED is BS as well. Killing 500 more NPC spamming basic attacks doesn't improve skills that much. Somewhat less skill for new player, mmh maybe, but WAY UNDER SKILLED and unable to play their class nope.

Edited by mike_is_valid
typo