Small Watchman PvP question

Tevzz

So, for a Watchman sentinel, would you guys pick the extra 6% crit chance for the DoTs or the 36% additional dmg for the off-hand saber attacks. I see that most people go with the 6% crit chance, and I totally understand why, but I feel like a 36% dmg increase to off-hand strikes (there's a lot of them) would probably contribute more to total DPS.

Thoughts & Suggestions?

Don't spec for AOE damage taken reduction, and you can spec for both +36% offhand weapon damage and +6% force crit chance. On Pot5, there aren't many rage spec players and AP PTs anymore (most have moved on to pyro PTs, madness sorcerers, and deception assassins), and the AOE damage taken reduction isn't necessary.

Don't spec for AOE damage taken reduction, and you can spec for both +36% offhand weapon damage and +6% force crit chance. On Pot5, there aren't many rage spec players and AP PTs anymore (most have moved on to pyro PTs, madness sorcerers, and deception assassins), and the AOE damage taken reduction isn't necessary.

IDK on POT5, but on my server there's a crapload of APs. I'm taking that AoE reduction no matter what, unless I see a drastic decrease of APs, I find it much more useful than any of the other two talents!

• 2 weeks later...
So, for a Watchman sentinel, would you guys pick the extra 6% crit chance for the DoTs or the 36% additional dmg for the off-hand saber attacks. I see that most people go with the 6% crit chance, and I totally understand why, but I feel like a 36% dmg increase to off-hand strikes (there's a lot of them) would probably contribute more to total DPS.

Thoughts & Suggestions?

I've tried both and the increased crit just made me feel like I had better burst when zen was unavailable. I'm pretty sure the off hand buff would be better for sustained damage and PvE, but the crit buff just seems to help me kill things more effectively.