The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Bioware and EA going to fix this lag?

Kookamoora

Don't know if its just you dealing with it. But there is a very good chance that it is on your end.

Which is why Bioware/EA cant fix it. because it isn't coming from them.

I had horrid lag when I tried to play again after it went free to play. I was playing release day

and I never had the issues before. It was so bad that my game would freeze anytime another players

character came on my screen. Even just zipping by on their speeder.

I googled it and found people were able to fix it. I did what they said, and I havnt lagged since.

Don't know if its just you dealing with it. But there is a very good chance that it is on your end.

Which is why Bioware/EA cant fix it. because it isn't coming from them.

I had horrid lag when I tried to play again after it went free to play. I was playing release day

and I never had the issues before. It was so bad that my game would freeze anytime another players

character came on my screen. Even just zipping by on their speeder.

I googled it and found people were able to fix it. I did what they said, and I havnt lagged since.

Aha.. so... i have a constant of 60ms of ping on the game and for some reason Tactical FP i get lagged at the same time as others.. so u mean that is our fault and not TOR serverS? :rak_02::rak_02:

I have a wireless desktop computer, I bought an adapter that was around 10$. Should I buy the 75$ ones? I don't know if my crappy adapter causes all this lag. I just recently reached 700,000 ms which is horrible.

My lag and especially disconnects dropped dramatically when I bought the 30' cable for $45 and ran it from downstairs up the hallway into the comp room. Now when I'm on chat with others and they complain about LAG, I always ask if they are on wireless. More than 9 out of 10 they are. Do a google check on wifi and gaming.

PS the other 1 out of 10 is on Comcast.

EA needs to motivate all of its customers and clients to do something to defend Net Neutrality. These internet service providers are saying all sorts of craziness like gamers should pay more for internet. If EA doesnt do anything about this yesterday, they are going to lose allot of business. We will lose as well, and it looks like we already are.

The Federal courts in 2014 ruled that internet service providers like Verizon/AT&T/Comcast etc, don't have to listen to FCC's old Net Neutrality rules. And now everyone in general chat is complaining about "lag". The FCC has yet to implement new rules for broadband providers to follow.

EA might even delete this post as being "political". But in all honesty this is for their concern just as much as ours. Netflix stood up against it, EA needs to join them. And we gamers need to start harassing these ISP's more, as much as we harass game developers to fix a belt to have more colors.

I wish this was a direct democracy, where we just nationalize all of these institutions and where we vote consistently which policies will be put in place, instead of voting for corporate sponsored politicians who then choose more crooks to run all of our institutions, working together with the bigger crooks and their crooked interests.

EA/Bioware by policy are supposed to delete this post and give me a warning or something, so I will have no hard feelings when this is deleted. But in all honesty, this should be forwarded to supervisors to forward to executive general meetings, then delete it. You have endless gamers ready to follow. The problems have begun. Do something about it, make some headlines, coordinate action.

Edited by HiddenPalm