why is the highest credit achievement only 10 million credits?

watermelonfan

The 10 million credit achievement is way too easy. It only took me 1 week at most to get 10 million credits. The highest credit achievement should be atleast 1 billion credits. They should also be an achievement in between for 500 million credits and one for 100 million credits. The players that reach 1 billion credits should be given an exclusive color crystal. It should be a black core crystal with white edges or atleast one that makes you look superior. or maybe a really cool looking speeder.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

May I ask, how did you achieve such a thing in one week so "easily" ?

The OP has been playing for over a year, according to his post history.

So perhaps the OP means, one year + one week. ;)

Edited by Khevar

The Makeb Circuit, which was never changed just nerfed a little, involves making a circuit of different Makeb islands, and getting security chests that give around 9-15k each. When Makeb first was out and people were first finding the circuit, people were reporting getting upwards of 10 million credits in 5-6 hours.

It's boring and you do the same thing for hours, but nowadays it's still worth around 1mil per hour, if you learn it well.

Cartel Market.

Buy packs, sell them. Which is why the 10 million credit achievement now means nothing. Of course it did before the CM came out.

Edited by Vallins

Cartel Market.

Buy packs, sell them. Which is why the 10 million credit achievement now means nothing. Of course it did before the CM came out.

Not really. My main had gotten the 10 million credit achievement before achievements were a thing, and three of my five 55s would qualify now. I've never bought anything from the Cartel Market that I didn't use myself (Treek has been my only purchase)

Cartel Market.

Nope. Playing the GTN with CM items is a fool's endeavor. There's far more stability in the crafted items markets.

As an example, in the last few months, I've managed to get past 50mil and 45mil of that came strictly from crafted items. The other 5mil, I'd wager were relisted mats and CM items.

Playing the GTN with CM items is horribly unstable for the most part. For whatever reason, people seem to feel far more inclined to drop to bargain basement levels with the price of their CM items. Crafted items seem to find an equilibrium in pricing and stay there, roughly, which is exactly the opposite of CM items.

CM items start off obscenely expensive and within about 12 hours of the first ones coming unbound, the floor drops out and for about 24-36 hours, you can get whatever you want/need for stupidly low prices. Then, once the vast majority are sold, people buy up what's left and relist them and you have a steady incline and steep decline in pricing, like a roller coaster, as long as those particular packs are available.

Once the packs get embargoed, then you see a steady incline in pricing, with the price steadily increasing the longer the pack is embargoed.

Basically, the best time to try and make credits off the CM items is right after the first packs come unbound. After that, it's a fool's game until the packs get embargoed.

Far more value and credits to be found in the materials relisting game and making crafted items.

The Makeb Circuit, which was never changed just nerfed a little, involves making a circuit of different Makeb islands, and getting security chests that give around 9-15k each. When Makeb first was out and people were first finding the circuit, people were reporting getting upwards of 10 million credits in 5-6 hours.

It's boring and you do the same thing for hours, but nowadays it's still worth around 1mil per hour, if you learn it well.

I don't see why Bioware hasn't done something simple like having a debuff for opening a chest that prevents a character from opening another for 24 hours rather than always doing things like nerf the contents or remove them.

And nothing against you personally, but the issue for me is chests are the kinds of things bots love, and I hate bots.

I do a lot of crafting and sell the items. I'm not going to mention what the items are because I don't want competition.

I don't sell cartel market items unless its going to be embargoed soon. A Couple weeks ahead of time I stock up on popular items. Then I sell them about 2 months later.

Cartel Market.

I didn't spend real money on cartel market items to make credits. So the achievement does mean something. What I am complaining about is that its way too easy. I want the highest credit achievement to be much higher than 10 million credits. It should be 1 billion credits. Since that is such a hard achievement, you should be rewarded with a really sweet item, such as a black core color crystal with white edges. It would be cool to have a really sweet item that nearly no one has. Wouldn't that be great?

I disagree actually. The best way to gain in-game money is by spending actual money. I would like to complete as much of my legacy as is possible without paying more money on top of my sub.

that is only possible if you are wealthy in real life and have tons of money to blow. But yes that would probably be the fastest way to get credits. You would have to buy an awful lot of cartel packs at the same time, so they all unbind at the same time. And you would have to rely on luck with getting super rare items that nearly everyone wants. That would also be an awful lot of work. It would also take up a ton of space to store all these items.

Edited by watermelonfan

I didn't spend real money on cartel market items to make credits. So the achievement does mean something. What I am complaining about is that its way too easy. I want the highest credit achievement to be much higher than 10 million credits. It should be 1 billion credits. Since that is such a hard achievement, you should be rewarded with a really sweet item, such as a black core color crystal with white edges. It would be cool to have a really sweet item that nearly no one has. Wouldn't that be great?

Meh. I've got plenty of credits in the game. Don't really care for some super duper "Wall Street Tycoon" title or a custom crystal just for stockpiling money.

I'm sure Bioware would love to make an exclusive color crystal for people who reach a billion credits. That means that a lot of people will spend more real money on cartel market items. If this game is a money grabber like people say , then Bioware will definitely want to do it. Please do it bioware. You know you want to.

Nope. Playing the GTN with CM items is a fool's endeavor. There's far more stability in the crafted items markets.

As an example, in the last few months, I've managed to get past 50mil and 45mil of that came strictly from crafted items. The other 5mil, I'd wager were relisted mats and CM items.

Playing the GTN with CM items is horribly unstable for the most part. For whatever reason, people seem to feel far more inclined to drop to bargain basement levels with the price of their CM items. Crafted items seem to find an equilibrium in pricing and stay there, roughly, which is exactly the opposite of CM items.

CM items start off obscenely expensive and within about 12 hours of the first ones coming unbound, the floor drops out and for about 24-36 hours, you can get whatever you want/need for stupidly low prices. Then, once the vast majority are sold, people buy up what's left and relist them and you have a steady incline and steep decline in pricing, like a roller coaster, as long as those particular packs are available.

Once the packs get embargoed, then you see a steady incline in pricing, with the price steadily increasing the longer the pack is embargoed.

Basically, the best time to try and make credits off the CM items is right after the first packs come unbound. After that, it's a fool's game until the packs get embargoed.

Far more value and credits to be found in the materials relisting game and making crafted items.

I think the OP means selling the unopened cartel packs, not taking a chance with the contents within.

Even if the CM didn't exist, I agree with the OP that the achievement needs to be bumped up simply because of accumulated wealth over time.

Edited by Projawa

I think the OP means selling the unopened cartel packs, not taking a chance with the contents within.

That has more potential, though nowhere near as much as people think. Crafted stuff and materials is still far more profitable than packs and hypercrates and no real money is involved.

That has more potential, though nowhere near as much as people think. Crafted stuff and materials is still far more profitable than packs and hypercrates and no real money is involved.

Right, though for those who just wants to a) come in and spend real cash for credits and b) minimize the number of mouse clicks, key presses and actual time invested in the game, unbound cartel packs are the simplest way to go in terms of converting a resource (time/money) into credits (short of being a sexworker on fleet).

Edited by Projawa

Not really. Augments go for anywhere from 85k to 100k+ each.

Yeah, even if I buy every material to make an augment off the GTN, I can normally still make a 50-60k profit on Begeren Colony. If I run missions myself over my many alts, then I make about 75k+ profit on each ones. I make about 10 a day, putting me at making around 750k per day. I could make more, but I don't bother.

He took advantage from bugs at the early stages of the game Ilum, and so on, guess that is why he means so "easy"

I have never taken advantage of Ilum for credits. I made easy credits just with crafting and selling popular cartel market items 2 months after they are embargoed.

Yeah, even if I buy every material to make an augment off the GTN, I can normally still make a 50-60k profit on Begeren Colony. If I run missions myself over my many alts, then I make about 75k+ profit on each ones. I make about 10 a day, putting me at making around 750k per day. I could make more, but I don't bother.

an advanced augment 28 requires 4 thermal regulators which cost atleast 20k each. That's atleast 80k with just that one mat. The costs for the other mats have't even been added yet. On my server people list these augements for around 90K. So unless you get lucky enough to get a lot of times 2's, you are barely making any profit.

an advanced augment 28 requires 4 thermal regulators which cost atleast 20k each. That's atleast 80k with just that one mat. The costs for the other mats have't even been added yet. On my server people list these augements for around 90K. So unless you get lucky enough to get a lot of times 2's, you are barely making any profit.

That's why you farm the mats yourself. And since Slicing is so damned easy to level, multiple alts running Slicing missions constantly, on the right companions...