My first try at this!

Draiganx

Well, here is my first try at this, tell me what you guys think!

Its a Sith Pure blood warrior charging into battle!

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/399180_314716975216157_100000335717524_1016693_2038761288_n.jpg

Edited by Draiganx

• 4 weeks later...

You would probably better yourself with drawing classes. Lines are too dark, traps aren't even big enough (do you even lift?). Anyways, his skin doesn't even look red and it was hard to distinguish his beard and his teeth are too anatomically correct.

2/10 wouldn't bang.

You would probably better yourself with drawing classes. Lines are too dark, traps aren't even big enough (do you even lift?). Anyways, his skin doesn't even look red and it was hard to distinguish his beard and his teeth are too anatomically correct.

2/10 wouldn't bang.

No need to be rude like this, some diplomacy and constructive critique with kindness would be more welcome, I guess.

I'd say that before trying to draw a Sith/alien, watching photos and learn anatomy/how a face is build would help you make more realistic drawings, with less errors of anatomy.

Don't think about shading of coloring yet, I guess that the first step is to get the face and anatomy right, first with human beings (because they're the base of everything ^^) then think about the shading after that, to give more volume to your drawings.

If you keep training you'll improve quickly ^^

Edited by Evolvana

2/10 wouldn't bang.

As Evolvana said, no reason to be such a snob. Art snobs are the worst, imo. We all had to start somewhere, you know.

@Draiganx:

Again as Evolvana stated already, I recommend studying anatomy. And while I've been ridiculed for doing this and recommending it as well, you should try tracing. Don't trace forever and don't copy it exactly! Trace the general outline and add your own artistic flair to clothing and details. At the same time, try merely using a reference; pull up a picture and look at it while you attempt to draw it as you see it without tracing. These are both good ways to get a grasp on anatomy without taking art classes.

For now, don't try to color or shade. Focus on the line art. When you draw, draw lightly. VERY lightly. And don't bother erasing every time you make a mistake, simply redraw it. You can darken the lines once you're done. One way to darken the lines is to ink them with a pen. If you decide to do this, then you can erase afterward. But the lighter you sketch, the less likely you are to have visible lines afterward.

When you're comfortable with your line art, you can move on to shading/coloring. I recommend looking at pictures of actual people (there's lots of nude references on deviantArt you can use to study shading/lighting) to get a feel for how shadows work on the human body. I'd explain more, but it gets kind of advanced and annoying and all you really need to do at the moment is imitate to get better.

This should generally be your end result. Notice the lines are not entirely clean. Instead of erasing afterward, I simply darkened them so the mistakes aren't as noticeable. Sorry the image is so big, I'm too lazy to resize it. >_< Also, this image was drawn using a model reference; always easier to draw with a reference.

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs50/f/2009/284/5/5/Fa_Lin_by_NikkiTeeze.jpg

Edited by Brosephiine