Recently Started Playing Again

BrownSugarr

Well, the title says it all. I am mainly interested in endgame PvP and have been reading the forums quite frequently. I played at launch, but after a few months the game began to bored me. I see some of the stuff that was promised a loooooong time ago was not added in and was just wondering were the ideas completely scrapped?

The main idea I wanted to know about was Ilum, they were going to completely redesign Ilum and keep the factor of open world PvP in. I was completely disappointed during the release of the game where (and still currently) open world pvp has no benefits... What was the point of even implementing it? Why wouldn't everyone just roll on a high populated PvE server?

Personally, I love open world pvp see as I am from DAOC that's a no brainer. I miss the systems such as RAs where you gained extra abilities for PvPing and it made your character better. I also enjoyed the fact as the was a point to kill another player in open worlds.

/rant; call me an idiot if I am wrong

Wasn't the point of this post, but thanks for the information I guess:confused:.

So you posted after a long hiatus and what? Expected someone to tell you things have changed AFTER you've BEEN playing already? Or you just wanted us to listen to you rant and agree with you?

So you posted after a long hiatus and what? Expected someone to tell you things have changed AFTER you've BEEN playing already? Or you just wanted us to listen to you rant and agree with you?

I haven't been to endgame yet, I started a new character. No reason to be a *****, I clearly stated call me an idiot if I am wrong. Thanks for being intelligent though, much appreciated. :rak_03:

I haven't been to endgame yet, I started a new character. No reason to be a *****, I clearly stated call me an idiot if I am wrong. Thanks for being intelligent though, much appreciated. :rak_03:

My reply was valid.. As in, "No. There is no open world pvp." Or is that hard to get from that response?

Ilum pretty much crashed and burned as an open world pvp concept because the game engine / servers couldn't handle it. There still is no point to open world pvp unless you really enjoy ganking lowbies.

You obviously don't know how to read either.