I've spent $405 and all I got was this...

sumoftwosins

heh... I thought the speeder is hilarious I like how the credit signs move and jackpot will amuse me for a while. I think I'm going to make it a perma speeder for my gunslinger. she has a green theme going and she IS very fond of credits so it fits perfectly :D

Simple solution:

Use all those millions of credits that you should have from playing the game this long to buy all the restriction unlocks off the GTN as well as a sizable stack of warzone and ops passes. Then create a second account, spend $5 on it, and park a character on the fleet of both factions for trading purposes. GRATS! The only restrictions you now have to deal with are the credit cap and xp nerf.

This game is very easy to play as a preferred player if you're already well established and don't feel like the game is worth the $15 a month.

AND inability to accept half the quest rewards. people keep on forgetting about that one and I'm not entirely sure why, but honestly, its THE most annoying aspect of f2p/preferred IMO. (in case you are wondering what I'm talking about? boxes. credit boxes, gear boxes that many of the quests reward? preferred and f2p cannot open them. need to be subscriber for that. and that includes a set of gear you get for your first companion, Treek's and HK's secondary set and a multitude of other rewards on pretty much every planet

AND inability to accept half the quest rewards. people keep on forgetting about that one and I'm not entirely sure why, but honestly, its THE most annoying aspect of f2p/preferred IMO. (in case you are wondering what I'm talking about? boxes. credit boxes, gear boxes that many of the quests reward? preferred and f2p cannot open them. need to be subscriber for that. and that includes a set of gear you get for your first companion, Treek's and HK's secondary set and a multitude of other rewards on pretty much every planet

If you've got the credits to buy all the unlocks, then not getting the crap (yes crap) rewards from planet quests aren't going to be missed. First companion gear set gets out leveled almost as soon as you get it, Hk's secondary set is easily replaced with comm gear or not even used to begin with and Treek can wear any gear you give her. Vendor trash is worth $15 a month?

My heart bleeds zero drops of blood and my eyes cry zero tears for anyone who can play this game for free.

50 cents a day. 2 quarters. Look down while walking and you've paid for a subscription.

If you've got the credits to buy all the unlocks, then not getting the crap (yes crap) rewards from planet quests aren't going to be missed. First companion gear set gets out leveled almost as soon as you get it, Hk's secondary set is easily replaced with comm gear or not even used to begin with and Treek can wear any gear you give her. Vendor trash is worth $15 a month?

that's not why I chose to pay subscription, BUT it IS an annoying restriction, especially if you are NOT a former subscriber with a stockpile of stuff already, but rather someone who hasn't been playing all that long - restriction that cannot be removed in any other way except for subscription.

and its just plain uncalled for. and completely unnecessary.

My heart bleeds zero drops of blood and my eyes cry zero tears for anyone who can play this game for free.

50 cents a day. 2 quarters. Look down while walking and you've paid for a subscription.

not... exactly. I don't think you've ever been poor enough for when $15 actualy make a difference in your budget. you also apparently live in the area where people drop change on the ground often enough that you can get $15 just looking down (where I live, even in shopping areas, if I see a dime once a week, that's like - wow...) but that is STILL not the point.

the point is that that restriction is pointless, unnecessarily punitive and who even thought it was a good idea to restrict basic quests rewards? I have zero problems with having to unlock titles, and artifact equipment and ability to color match. I have ZERO problems with mail restrictions, higher vendor costs, and credit cap. I have no problems with pvp and pve restrictions unless you buy passes. reputation gain is slower as f2p /preferred, but you can still gain your maximum weekly - it just takes longer and more effort. I thought the point of being preferred vs subscription was in how you chose to pay for your game. restriction of something as minor as QUEST REWARDS is just? why? seems very petty to me.

at least create an unlock you can buy that removes it.

Edited by Jeweledleah

not... exactly. I don't think you've ever been poor enough for when $15 actualy make a difference in your budget. you also apparently live in the area where people drop change on the ground often enough that you can get $15 just looking down (where I live, even in shopping areas, if I see a dime once a week, that's like - wow...) but that is STILL not the point.

the point is that that restriction is pointless, unnecessarily punitive and who even thought it was a good idea to restrict basic quests rewards? I have zero problems with having to unlock titles, and artifact equipment and ability to color match. I have ZERO problems with mail restrictions, higher vendor costs, and credit cap. I have no problems with pvp and pve restrictions unless you buy passes. reputation gain is slower as f2p /preferred, but you can still gain your maximum weekly - it just takes longer and more effort. I thought the point of being preferred vs subscription was in how you chose to pay for your game. restriction of something as minor as QUEST REWARDS is just? why? seems very petty to me.

at least create an unlock you can buy that removes it.

You assume wrongly. I have been poor enough to have been on public assistance, with a child.

Do you know what I did at that time? I worked my *** off to find a job. I studied. I did whatever it took to advance myself. I had zero time to play any online game. If, at the time, I had a computer capable of playing this game, I would have sold it.

Don't play the "too broke" card over $15 a month. It doesn't fly. Anyone with a computer capable of playing this game can afford $15 a month to subscribe. Cut a bad habit. Eat a PBJ instead of fast food once a month. Smoke 2 less cigarettes a day (or stop altogether - someone who loves you wants you to live longer!). Drink a beer or two less a month. Heck, work 3 hours a month at McDonald's. They're always hiring and if you have 3 hours a month to play this game, you probably have 3 hours a month to earn some money, right?

If you're so destitute that you can't scrounge $15 a month, you probably need to sell that computer for food so f2p restrictions are irrelevant.

On the other hand, if you find value in playing the game, you probably should appreciate that value and the hard work a lot of people do to bring you that enjoyment by offering them a pittance of 50 cents a day.

Edited by DarthTHC

You assume wrongly. I have been poor enough to have been on public assistance, with a child.

Do you know what I did at that time? I worked my *** off to find a job. I studied. I did whatever it took to advance myself. I had zero time to play any online game. If, at the time, I had a computer capable of playing this game, I would have sold it.

Don't play the "too broke" card over $15 a month. It doesn't fly. Anyone with a computer capable of playing this game can afford $15 a month to subscribe. Cut a bad habit. Eat a PBJ instead of fast food once a month. Smoke 2 less cigarettes a day (or stop altogether - someone who loves you wants you to live longer!). Drink a beer or two less a month. Heck, work 3 hours a month at McDonald's. They're always hiring and if you have 3 hours a month to play this game, you probably have 3 hours a month to earn some money, right?

If you're so destitute that you can't scrounge $15 a month, you probably need to sell that computer for food so f2p restrictions are irrelevant.

On the other hand, if you find value in playing the game, you probably should appreciate that value and the hard work a lot of people do to bring you that enjoyment by offering them a pittance of 50 cents a day.

Well said Darth.

I'm not saying that I should get a rancor mount. I'm pointing out the level of awesomeness. What I am saying is that if they want to inspire people to be loyal customers, maybe they should rethink the stuff they give.

Again, I will say this isn't about being disgruntled or threatening an unsub. No one would be a 2 year sub if they didn't enjoying =)

I agree completely. That rancor mount is beyond awesome! Almost makes me wanna try PvP lol. And as much as my gunslinger loves the new speeder, I'd much rather have gotten some kind of animal mount. But it's all good tho...I'm sure there'll be a direct purchase animal mount on the CM eventually.

i agree that either after so many months of subscribing you get x mount or armor. When i played other mmo they had a loyalty thing and they spelled out so many consecutive months subscribing you get this reward. A cool looking weapon or mount or something.

Remember thats what the collectors edition was supposed to be. The devs all hyped it up and said frequently updated and get unique items. At this point i would like to see some of the higher end cartel gear show up or recolored as a collectors edition. Ive played this game since beta and hold a founders title. i pay for two accounts for me and the wife. i just wish like the OP that bioware would look at subscribers a lil more and say ty.

Yes the green mount was nice but how about dewback or veractyl or some other mount not in game and the catch is you must sub over a year to get it. No sub for a month get it and then unsub. They have loyal paying customers and it be nice if they do that or deliver what the Collectors edition was supposed to be.

Now the cool stuff goes to the cartel market and its aluck of the draw. I bought a 24X hypercrate and got no cool mounts and alot of frog dog jerseys. i know its luck but still...............

again, not everyone is the same situation. some people are disabled for example, should they just live in drudgery instead of having at least something to light up their day? you are not allowed to have anything that makes you feel better about your life and yourself, when you are poor, amirite?

moreover - you can work your *** off trying to find a job and be entirely unsuccessful in our current economic situation. selling computer? yeah, couple of 100 dollars you'll get for it are going to go such a looong way, and leave you dependant on a limited library time to deal with resumes and job searches, assuming you can even get to a library.

and guess what, I do appreciate the value of hard work developers do. if I didn't i wouldn't be sitting here, typing up response to you right now. however, I understand that not everyone is in the same situation as I am. not everyone has opportunities that I have. that times have changed economically and not for the better for a LOT of people.

and the thing is... why WHY are you so determined to defend that restriction? do you genuinely think that its fair. in a game that claims to give 1 through 50 content for free, it's reasonable to actualy restrict that content by downright restricting quest rewards FROM THAT CONTENT? there is NO good reason for that restriction to exist in every mode but subscription. NONE.

$15 a month is pittance to you, but its not pittance to someone who lives on a budget and for whom ability to do SOMETHING that lightens up their day that they can actualy afford becasue its advertised as "free".

I love how you claim that "if you have 3 hours to play this game, you have 3 hours to earn some money to pay for that game" becasue jobs in real world are like quests in a video game - always available and always pays amirite? I WISH it worked that way. but it doesn't. and even MCdonalds doesn't always hire.

you are assuming that that broke person has some things to cut back on, that they haven't already done so, you are assuming that they are never EVER allowed any indulgences, even minor supposedly free ones (not everyone is you you know), you are basically stating that the whole premise of "you decide how you pay for the game" is a lie. is that a lie bioware? I mean... judging by unlocks sold in CM (and as extension on GTN) the intention is there. except for this one thing.

again, not everyone is the same situation. some people are disabled for example, should they just live in drudgery instead of having at least something to light up their day? you are not allowed to have anything that makes you feel better about your life and yourself, when you are poor, amirite?

And now you're going to extremes for examples. At extremes, perhaps this breaks down. But the norm (doesn't want to pay) is not the extreme (disabled).

I'll stick with the non-extreme, which I'll assume you are since you have a computer and internet connection capable of playing the game and you seem to be arguing only because you want more free stuff on top of the free stuff you're already getting.

moreover - you can work your *** off trying to find a job and be entirely unsuccessful in our current economic situation. selling computer? yeah, couple of 100 dollars you'll get for it are going to go such a looong way, and leave you dependant on a limited library time to deal with resumes and job searches, assuming you can even get to a library.

Don't forget shutting off your internet service or scaling it back to the cheapest plan available. Yes, if you're destitute, you do what it takes to rectify that situation. You don't complain that you don't get more free stuff on top the free stuff you already get.

and guess what, I do appreciate the value of hard work developers do. if I didn't i wouldn't be sitting here, typing up response to you right now. however, I understand that not everyone is in the same situation as I am. not everyone has opportunities that I have. that times have changed economically and not for the better for a LOT of people.

I see. You appreciate so much it that you think it's absolutely great for people to play for free, never giving anything back, and while they're at it, ask for more free stuff? That's awesome. Can I work for you? I love working hard, delivering value, and getting nothing in return.

and the thing is... why WHY are you so determined to defend that restriction? do you genuinely think that its fair. in a game that claims to give 1 through 50 content for free, it's reasonable to actualy restrict that content by downright restricting quest rewards FROM THAT CONTENT? there is NO good reason for that restriction to exist in every mode but subscription. NONE.

I don't think anyone should be able to play for free. I think the developers deserve compensation for the time, effort, education, experience, and talent they put in to deliver entertainment value to players. If someone can't cough up 50 cents a day, they have things they ought to be doing that do not in any way, shape, manner, or form include playing video games. Remember we're talking about the normal situation here, not the extreme.

$15 a month is pittance to you, but its not pittance to someone who lives on a budget and for whom ability to do SOMETHING that lightens up their day that they can actualy afford becasue its advertised as "free".

Again, if someone can't afford $15/month, they have better ways to spend their time than pissing it away in a video game. Namely, finding a way to improve their lives so that $15 extra out of pocket a month doesn't mean they starve to death.

I love how you claim that "if you have 3 hours to play this game, you have 3 hours to earn some money to pay for that game" becasue jobs in real world are like quests in a video game - always available and always pays amirite? I WISH it worked that way. but it doesn't. and even MCdonalds doesn't always hire.

Go to your local McDonald's. If they're not hiring, there's a Subway up the street. If Subway isn't hiring, try the dollar store. We're only talking about paying $15/month for the game so we only need to work 3 hours at minimum wage (after taxes) to do that.

you are assuming that that broke person has some things to cut back on, that they haven't already done so, you are assuming that they are never EVER allowed any indulgences, even minor supposedly free ones (not everyone is you you know), you are basically stating that the whole premise of "you decide how you pay for the game" is a lie. is that a lie bioware? I mean... judging by unlocks sold in CM (and as extension on GTN) the intention is there. except for this one thing.

No, I'm assuming that every person who complains about $15 a month for a video game but has a computer and internet connection capable of playing that video game actually has the ability to pay $15/month but doesn't actually want to. (Again, normal, not the extreme examples.)

I'm also saying that if someone is sooooooooo broke that they can't afford $15/month without starving their dog to death, they have more important things to do than play a video game.

And now you're going to extremes for examples. At extremes, perhaps this breaks down. But the norm (doesn't want to pay) is not the extreme (disabled).

I'll stick with the non-extreme, which I'll assume you are since you have a computer and internet connection capable of playing the game and you seem to be arguing only because you want more free stuff on top of the free stuff you're already getting.

Don't forget shutting off your internet service or scaling it back to the cheapest plan available. Yes, if you're destitute, you do what it takes to rectify that situation. You don't complain that you don't get more free stuff on top the free stuff you already get.

I see. You appreciate so much it that you think it's absolutely great for people to play for free, never giving anything back, and while they're at it, ask for more free stuff? That's awesome. Can I work for you? I love working hard, delivering value, and getting nothing in return.

I don't think anyone should be able to play for free. I think the developers deserve compensation for the time, effort, education, experience, and talent they put in to deliver entertainment value to players. If someone can't cough up 50 cents a day, they have things they ought to be doing that do not in any way, shape, manner, or form include playing video games. Remember we're talking about the normal situation here, not the extreme.

Again, if someone can't afford $15/month, they have better ways to spend their time than pissing it away in a video game. Namely, finding a way to improve their lives so that $15 extra out of pocket a month doesn't mean they starve to death.

Go to your local McDonald's. If they're not hiring, there's a Subway up the street. If Subway isn't hiring, try the dollar store. We're only talking about paying $15/month for the game so we only need to work 3 hours at minimum wage (after taxes) to do that.

No, I'm assuming that every person who complains about $15 a month for a video game but has a computer and internet connection capable of playing that video game actually has the ability to pay $15/month but doesn't actually want to. (Again, normal, not the extreme examples.)

I'm also saying that if someone is sooooooooo broke that they can't afford $15/month without starving their dog to death, they have more important things to do than play a video game.

the fact that I'm posting on these forums should tell you that I AM actualy paying subscription. can't post without one. I'm not talking about me. but I do know people in situations that I have described. personally. who are disabled. who are stuck in situations, in areas that are not thriving with available jobs (to put it mildly)

moreover - I'm not asking for free. I'm asking for at least a purchasable unlock, in line with other purchasable unlocks. which still gives bioware money. huh.. would you look at that.

I guess you've never been in a situation where you apply to everything you can reasonably reach (and by reasonable, I mean within 2 hours travel) and either it pays too little to justify extra transportation costs (as in - you'll be bringing home income well below minimum wage, but it will be high enough to reduce your financial assistance to the point where by working you will make your life even more difficult - NOT a hypothetical situation)

shut down the internet, yes, make it even harder to get out of a crappy situation, get a cheaper internet - well DUH. it doesn't take much to play this video game you know. you don't need a super awesome internet to quest solo. you can do that on "gasp" dialup.

and let me reiterate. availability of jobs varies. you are assuming someone who lives in an area where they can actualy walk down the block and then another block - you are assuming medium to largish city. guess what. not everyone lives in one. not everyone can just "go down the block" and apply to everything and actualy get the job. and the smaller the area? the lower the chance of something actualy being available. NOT an extreme situation either.

but honestly? I'm tired of arguing about this. in part becasue if you don't wish to even try to feel some empathy or explain exactly WHY must quest rewards for basic story quests be restricted to subscription only with no possible unlock in any other way (yes, yes money to bioware, unlocks cost MONEY - ergo selling unlocks means money to bioware just like they get money for artifact equipment unlocks, and hide head slot unlocks and weekly passes to various group content - the fact that person using them paid with in game credits doesn't negate the fact that someone ELSE bought them with real money and that all parties are satisfied with their transaction, since bioware gets money, person who paid money gets credits with relatively little effort and person who paid credits gets a little extra freedom to their gameplay)

I still don't understand why you think that keeping this particular restriction unchanged in any way is so crucial. like this restriction is what makes people subscribe? if anything it drives potential subscribers away.

incidentally, your signature reeks of irony to me right now. how.... fitting.

Edited by Jeweledleah

I am not sure it's really fair to connect PvPers getting a cool mount to subscribers getting something cool. PvPers are finally being rewarded for their skills and ability while PvE players have been able to collect a dozen different mounts, unique items and pets that drop from Operation bosses.

It's really about time that PvPers are able to unlock things like gear, weapons, titles, pets and mounts. The PvP commendation items from the vendors don't count because anyone can farm enough comms to unlock the pets or mounts. Any player who gets that rancor mount legitimately really does deserve it. I hadn't bothered with ranked pvp on my characters since pre-season 1 ending and my god, it was a disaster doing solo pvp hoping to get a rank high enough for that mount. I just decided not to bother. I don't consider myself a great PvPer, but I at least make an effort with PvP gear. The amount of PvE geared players with no coordination baffles the mind.

With that said, I wouldn't mind seeing more rewards thrown in the game. Things like the Founder stuff or the Revan title. Hopefully the old Life Day stuff is gone for good just for those collectors to have something special. Perhaps throw in rewards if you've been subbed for 3/6/9/12 and so on months or unlocked 15/30/45/60% of achievements. I don't believe people who sub should necessarily be rewarded, but part of me does believe (as a long term player) that there really isn't anything special in the game any more and anything that could be considered, will eventually lose that specialty.

If you play the game long enough, you'll see items making a reappearance so unique items will eventually end up appearing elsewhere. Events will return so rewards like crystals, gear and weapons won't be as special (which is only fair, events should be available to everyone and I hope people will be able to experience the original Rakghoul event) but things that were seemingly removed from the game will be back big time with 4 (I think) Korrelias mounts appear in 2.7, one is on the cartel market now and two are random Czerka related drops.

So yeah, throw in more unique rewards but I wouldn't necessarily just give subs something special because they sub.

I spent 1300 dollars on a new couch last year and my kids destroyed that thing, that and my girlfriends damn cat

I also baby sat an awesome 8 month old pitbull, but he did eat one of my dining room chairs, those chairs cost me two hundred dollars each, now I don't have a matching set; though I admit it was kinda hilarious because the puppy was so cute

Let's not even get into the 530 dollars I pay for a car payment every month

Yep if you add up things stuff seems expensive but if you enjoyed it while you had it....who cares

It's a waste of time worring about thinges so trivial.

Just play the game and have fun, you didn't lose any money....money is designed to be spent for stuff and stuff that is entertaining is the best stuff

Edited by kirorx

I still don't get this "I've been sub for over 2 years now give me all good stuff there is naow!". I can sorta understand it on EVE Online forums where there's people who have been subs for over 10 years... But talk about entitlement.

the fact that I'm posting on these forums should tell you that I AM actualy paying subscription. can't post without one. I'm not talking about me. but I do know people in situations that I have described. personally. who are disabled. who are stuck in situations, in areas that are not thriving with available jobs (to put it mildly)

moreover - I'm not asking for free. I'm asking for at least a purchasable unlock, in line with other purchasable unlocks. which still gives bioware money. huh.. would you look at that.

I guess you've never been in a situation where you apply to everything you can reasonably reach (and by reasonable, I mean within 2 hours travel) and either it pays too little to justify extra transportation costs (as in - you'll be bringing home income well below minimum wage, but it will be high enough to reduce your financial assistance to the point where by working you will make your life even more difficult - NOT a hypothetical situation)

shut down the internet, yes, make it even harder to get out of a crappy situation, get a cheaper internet - well DUH. it doesn't take much to play this video game you know. you don't need a super awesome internet to quest solo. you can do that on "gasp" dialup.

and let me reiterate. availability of jobs varies. you are assuming someone who lives in an area where they can actualy walk down the block and then another block - you are assuming medium to largish city. guess what. not everyone lives in one. not everyone can just "go down the block" and apply to everything and actualy get the job. and the smaller the area? the lower the chance of something actualy being available. NOT an extreme situation either.

but honestly? I'm tired of arguing about this. in part becasue if you don't wish to even try to feel some empathy or explain exactly WHY must quest rewards for basic story quests be restricted to subscription only with no possible unlock in any other way (yes, yes money to bioware, unlocks cost MONEY - ergo selling unlocks means money to bioware just like they get money for artifact equipment unlocks, and hide head slot unlocks and weekly passes to various group content - the fact that person using them paid with in game credits doesn't negate the fact that someone ELSE bought them with real money and that all parties are satisfied with their transaction, since bioware gets money, person who paid money gets credits with relatively little effort and person who paid credits gets a little extra freedom to their gameplay)

I still don't understand why you think that keeping this particular restriction unchanged in any way is so crucial. like this restriction is what makes people subscribe? if anything it drives potential subscribers away.

incidentally, your signature reeks of irony to me right now. how.... fitting.

Purchaseable unlock, great. Sounds good.

Anything more free for anyone who's already playing for free? No. Why do that?

The vast majority of people who are playing this game for free are doing so not because they are unable to pay but because they are unwilling to pay. Heck, even the people who are unable to pay aren't forced to play this game.

Therefore, it is a choice. People are choosing, knowing full well the differences between F2P, Preferred, and Subscriber, whether or not they want to pay to play or even play at all.

Again, I have zero sympathy for anyone who makes a choice, completely of their own volition, and then gets exactly what is expected from that choice. Nobody is a victim here, stop painting them as victims. They choose to play a video game. It's not like someone is strapping them to a chair and forcing them to do it at gunpoint.

Regarding my signature, how exactly is it oppression or victimization to give people options to play a game for free, for less than a subscription, or for a subscription, with different tiers of capabilities for each? You might want to look up the definitions of "victimization" and "oppression". You might find that those terms could never be applied to anyone who chooses to play a video game, for choosing to play that video game.

Edited by DarthTHC